Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Does Sweden not have seperation of church and state? If these schools are publically funded I completely agree with the removal of religion teaching (aside from history/study of humanities/etc). Send your kid to private school if you want religion to be a focal point of their education.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    I don’t really have a problem with this, if they want to keep the schools up to a stander that seems fine as long as you can still teach your kids what ever you want at home/Sunday school if you want.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LMuhlen View Post
    From what was said, that is the case here. But I'd go further and enforce laws that apply even to private schools. Their students shouldn't be given the same school conclusion certificate as a standard school if their core curriculum doesn't equate to the norms, taught completely independently of religious beliefs.

I do see it causing segregation, but I'm sure there is a way to make it work. I'm no lawmaker.
    No there is no way to make it work, it's religious discrimination, and traditionally it has a serious way of backfiring. And regardless to what laws you make you aren't going to get people to go along just because you say so.

What will more than likely happen is along with religion and faith, there will be a lot of other things taught extra curricular the rest in society don't know. That kind of shit right there is WHY we have a hell of a lot conflict in countries around the world, especially the middle east.

Because instead of say it being no religion or faith being required to be taught and separated from the populus, it's whoever or whatever the state decides is or should be the beliefs of everyone else.

Which generally means the same thing, and that is the reason we have conflicts and wars all over the world.

This idea you have or about doing that in swedish public schools is a bad one.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    Poor phrasing, but I agree with the sentiment. There does need to be structured curriculum that every person is required to learn. Setting a standard makes sense, as anyone being raised in your country is a future contributing citizen to society.
    Last edited by Noah37; 2018-03-15 at 01:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Because instead of say it being no religion or faith being required to be taught and separated from the populus, it's whoever or whatever the state decides is or should be the beliefs of everyone else.
    I see education as a role of the state and don't have anything against the state determining what should be taught. The role of religious entities is to support people's faiths and they mustn't interfere with each other. If someone wants to devote their life to religion, they can prepare to do so when they are adults, not be forced by parents as children.

10+ Year Old Account
    I see education as a role of the state and don't have anything against the state determining what should be taught. The role of religious entities is to support people's faiths and they mustn't interfere with each other. If someone wants to devote their life to religion, they can prepare to do so when they are adults, not be forced by parents as children.
    That’s religious intolerance and bigotry it’s no different than substitution of one belief system vs another.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

10+ Year Old Account
    The education system was designed as a baseline for what a countries citizens should know. You are talking about producing functioning adults, which generally requires speaking, writing, thinking, etc. So I agree, this is less about banning religion, more about making sure every person is learning the basic things they should know.

That’s religious intolerance and bigotry it’s no different than substitution of one belief system vs another.
    English, Science, Mathematics, etc. aren't really a belief system. A belief is something you hold in your heart as true, even with a lack of evidence. The fields of study we are discussing are proven topics; they are true regardless of belief.
    Last edited by Noah37; 2018-03-15 at 01:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiushtha View Post
    Step 1: Import a ridiculous amount of culturally incompatible brown people
    Step 2: Cater to their every need, even placing their needs above the ones of your own people
    Step 3: Systematically destroy any practice or physical cultural relics of your own culture
    Step 4: Reallize that you don gooft
    Step 5: Turn against the social group you pampered for years

Geee... I wonder if this has any chance of going wrong...
    You ever been to Sweden?

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    So I guess Sweden has no freedom of religion, unless you keep your mouth shut about it and practice it in some dark secret cave?
    it certainly shouldn't be pushed in any school.

that's good. for once, sweden will take a stand for something right. lets hope the trend continues.

I see it as protection of children. Devoting yourself to religious should be left to adults who are responsible for their life affecting choices. Not my fault religions try to prey on children to ensure their base when they are at their most vulnerable age. Religions should adapt to our times and the State should be the force which imposes the protection of a child's right to have a proper education which will support them through their lives. They can be taught religious ways on their own free time, in an environment separated from their school environment. It can't undermine a proper education.

You live in a secular country, you get raised as a secular citizen. When you are an adult, you can choose whatever you want, with a proper background that allows you to make informed decisions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Religion shouldnt be tolerated. It's outdated and if people need ''faith'' in a higher power they can just jump infront of a train.

infracted - trolling
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-03-15 at 02:37 PM.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Religion shouldnt be tolerated.
    Start burning the religious books, usually turns out well
    and the geek shall inherit the earth

10+ Year Old Account
    I see it as protection of children. Devoting yourself to religious should be left to adults who are responsible for their life affecting choices. Not my fault religions try to prey on children to ensure their base when they are at their most vulnerable age. Religions should adapt to our times and the State should be the force which imposes the protection of a child's right to have a proper education which will support them through their lives. They can be taught religious ways on their own free time, in an environment separated from their school environment. It can't undermine a proper education.

You live in a secular country, you get raised as a secular citizen. When you are an adult, you can choose whatever you want, with a proper background that allows you to make informed decisions.
    It’s just substituting one religion for another. You better start training some shock troops because it seems you are due for a lesson of why your ideas won’t work. You can’t get people to go along with out force.

Can't say I see a problem with this. School should be about teaching various subjects to the students, not about imposing religious teachings on them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sweden is possibly the best country in the world right now. Scandinavian countries in general are miles ahead and in far better situations compared to the rest of this crappy planet.

It’s just substituting one religion for another. You better start training some shock troops because it seems you are due for a lesson of why your ideas won’t work. You can’t get people to go along with out force.
    I'm sure competent people can create a plan to gradually go to this direction without causing much of a turmoil.

And if you think a religion-free environment is a religion in itself, I'll just say I disagree.

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Creamy Flames View Post
    Far more than you do, as it turns out. I'm quite sure Sweden has more freedom of everything than you do. Jealousy is ugly.
    Lol! I have no reason to be jealous of Sweden for anything. They do make some nice stuff however. And have some hot blondes. The US has the ultimate freedom of religion when here in Ohio, the Amish won a lawsuit over the power company running a high voltage electric lines across their farm land trying to use Imminent Domain laws. A federal district judge ruled such would interfere too much with their lifestyle.

But to be fair to the Swedish, I made my first comment before I understood it only applies to tax funded religious private schools, which the OP was nice and polite enough to explain it to me without condemnation. Some on here could learn from that.
    Last edited by Ghostpanther; 2018-03-15 at 02:41 PM.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

As long as this doesn't target privately funded independent schools I don't see an issue.

10+ Year Old Account
    Usual suspects commenting before reading.

Religious has no real grounds in schools, i detested i had to pray every day and found it absurd people from other religions had to participate. The only religion like classes i want to see in high school should be heavily tied to philosophy so people who are religious can actually comprehend it and understand it rather than taking it literally like we see among muslims and evangelicals (almost exclusively the american bunch being bat shit crazy as usual)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Utinil View Post
    As long as this doesn't target privately funded independent schools I don't see an issue.
    All schools should follow a federal course plan period, none of this crazy ass indoctrination regardless if you are told to bend over unquestionably for jezus or mohamed. I want critical thinkers not little drones to populate future generations.

5+ Year Old Account
    Finally. Thankfully someone out there still has sense. Religious schools and home-schooling are a pox on humanity.
    Owner & Operator of The Barrens Grind Support Group
    Survivor of Early TBC Ganklethorn Vale
    Horde Till I Die