Page 1 of 13
... LastLast
    Deleted

PW:S has no cooldown on alpha..?

Power Word: Shield Shields an ally for 15 sec, absorbing Spell power * 1.375) + 0[Spell power * 1 * (1 + Versatility)] damage, and preventing damage from delaying spellcasting.
    Cooldown changed from 7.5 sec cooldown to None

Rapture For the next 8 sec, Power Word: Shield h̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶c̶o̶o̶l̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ .absorbs an additional 200%.
    Cooldown changed from 2 min cooldown to 1.5 min cooldown

Looks like plea was removed too, REMOVED Plea A quick, efficient plea to heal an ally for (56.25% of Spell power).

Good ol' days of Shield Spam are back

If this is true, it probably means that a baseline power word shield is not even worth using outside of applying attonements. But I kind of like the idea - Plea always felt like a weird spell. The tradeoff is that we will be back to a PWS that gives the target like 5% effective health, and will never be useful to save anyone.
    Last edited by makketota; 2018-03-15 at 01:22 PM.

You forgot to mention that shield also got nerfed by approximately 30% as well, shield is basically the new plea with all artifact shield modifiers removed, although with the new changes you can play an "interesting" spec that utilizes almost 0 atonement healing such as this one: https://beta.wowdb.com/talent-calculator#EfaV

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder if they'll be adding Weakened Soul back as well. If so, PWS will be a clunky Atonement applicator as atonements are about to fall off; if not, what would stop us from chain casting it on debuff targets or tanks?

Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    I wonder if they'll be adding Weakened Soul back as well. If so, PWS will be a clunky Atonement applicator as atonements are about to fall off; if not, what would stop us from chain casting it on debuff targets or tanks?
    It will likely be a weak, low priority spell outside of Rupture. It will be like spamming Plea to heal a tank on live.

That's actually a good change. It gives clarity of will purpose and merges plea and PWS into one. Disc looking pretty good imo. They need to do something with solace though, it's completely pointless when pws does the exact same thing and schism is still pointless.

body and soul gonna be straight up broken if they don't add a CD to it
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by makketota View Post
    It will likely be a weak, low priority spell outside of Rupture. It will be like spamming Plea to heal a tank on live.
    That makes sense. I'm cautiously optimistic so far, but Light's Wrath still leaves a huge hole they haven't addressed. Lenience as a 3% DR talent will keep us viable in Mythic progression regardless probably, but the gameplay will be rather consistent and uninteresting.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    PWS WotlK era is back. Basically, 3% damage reduction talent from old talent tree but using Atonement mechanics.

Lenience = Rank 2 Renewed Hope Talent in WotlK.

Penance now has a cleave healing mechanics which heals everyone within the main target for 20% of the spell damage.
    Use penitent mechanics for chunky single target heal or penance attonement healing.
    Last edited by vertigo12; 2018-03-15 at 05:51 PM.

don't forget the 1% mana per used up pw:s talent just became quite strong

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhaxus View Post
    don't forget the 1% mana per used up pw:s talent just became quite strong
    We may have to dust off our Ingela's Rapture addons if they change it back to having an ICD. Ah, the nostalgia.

I'm cool with it as long as it means that blanket shields aren't an effective playstyle outside of Rapture. I also think the Shield Discipline talent may need to be looked at because it could just provide way more mana than PW: Solace or Mindbender, especially since the shields will be weaker now so good chance to break even with minor raid damage.

I am still holding out hope for a few more changes to the talents but I like it so far.
    Last edited by Rilas13; 2018-03-15 at 10:46 PM.

7+ Year Old Account
    I just miss real talent trees that allowed me as holy to take speed shields with all of holy's aoe goodness, or the reverse, take full blown disc and toss a lil holy in.

we got screwed bigtime by the removal of real talent trees, more than most of you know/remember.

as for sheild spam I hated it, but we do have druid rejuv spam coupled with mobile tranq. whats up with that ?

Will feel better to PW:S for pre-emptive Atonement application, good change. Now we just need that oft-suggested perma-Atonement-on-one-target talent
    Last edited by ttylol; 2018-03-16 at 01:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ttylol View Post
    Will feel better to PW:S for pre-emptive Atonement application, good change. Now we just need that oft-suggested perma-Atonement-on-one-target talent
    Hazzacostas was only yesterday talking about an overall design philosophy of avoiding class homogenisation, so unfortunately theres no way that Disc will ever get pseudo-Beacons.

It sounds like Disc is going to get some major changes (again), despite Blizzard saying it was only really Demonology Warlocks and Survival Hunters that would be getting major revisions. Im fine with Disc going back into the sausage-making machine, after so long I feel like a change in gameplay mechanics.
    Last edited by longxia; 2018-03-16 at 02:40 AM. Reason: The voices told me to

This is a great change since PW: S and Plea were functionally similar, and only made as a kneejerk reaction to the Absorb era. PW: S is not really as powerful anymore without Divine Aegis and Weakened Soul. Plea heal was mostly wasted, and just an inefficient PW: S.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    That's actually a good change. It gives clarity of will purpose and merges plea and PWS into one. Disc looking pretty good imo. They need to do something with solace though, it's completely pointless when pws does the exact same thing and schism is still pointless.

body and soul gonna be straight up broken if they don't add a CD to it
    While I understand your point, Body & Soul + Solace is often played in PvP - so it is actually seeing some use!

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    While I understand your point, Body & Soul + Solace is often played in PvP - so it is actually seeing some use!
    We have dedicated pvp talents for this kind of stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Faylo View Post
    Replace Body & Soul with Reverse Life Grip!

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by longxia View Post
    Hazzacostas was only yesterday talking about an overall design philosophy of avoiding class homogenisation, so unfortunately theres no way that Disc will ever get pseudo-Beacons.

It sounds like Disc is going to get some major changes (again), despite Blizzard saying it was only really Demonology Warlocks and Survival Hunters that would be getting major revisions. Im fine with Disc going back into the sausage-making machine, after so long I feel like a change in gameplay mechanics.

you want real change? http://calculators.iradei.eu/talents/priest

Fix the darn trees. locking us into one spec is horrid, If you want to see what we had, look at 3.3 (2.43 is what I linked, most of it is not applicable given terrible encounter design lately)