Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Too many druids!

I like druids from the lore to the class and when Cataclysm was released I was a little perplexed why Blizzard randomly decided to add Troll and Worgan as druids but I let it be. However now with BfA we have Highmountain, Zand Troll and Kul'Tiran druids (the latter being double WTF) - I don't know it just feels a little like Blizzard pissing on the original druid lore just to try and make as many different 'cool looking' beast forms. It's not a huge issue granted just a mild annoyance

Well ****ing done, you just figured out they are pissing on the class lore?

Welcome to what they have done with lore in general in this game for several years! and still is doing today!

The Lightbringer Highlord Hanibuhl's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Lol.. it's the same with Horde paladins and Alliance shaman...

Kul Tiran Druids ftw!

It's literally the exact same as Tauren Paladin, Undead Priest, Blood Elf Paladin, etc. Just because it's called a "Druid" in game, doesn't mean it actually is, they're just not gonna make a completely separate class for 1 race when they can clump them together as there's barely any difference between them outside of the theme. KT aren't Druids, they're Wicker Witches, just like Gilnean Druids are Harvest Witches.

This hints that the quest introducing Kul'Trians will be Druid related and that leads me to believe that Zandalari Paladin will also be part of the Zandalari race introduction quest. It makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Hanibuhl View Post
    Lol.. it's the same with Horde paladins and Alliance shaman...
    Yes, my thoughts as well.

So many people say:
    - night elves were the original druids. Blizzard is ruining them.
    - humans were the original paladins. Blizzard is ruining them.
    - shamans should remain in the horde. Damn, Blizzard.

Well, this is an MMO, and unfortunately gameplay choices usually sacrifice the main lore of the story. I don't agree with many gameplay choices (i think faction system is one of the things that prevents lore conflicts to grow and be more interesting than they are today), but I believe some changes really are necessary for diversity and to keep the game interesting.

The original warcraft druid conected to the emerald dream is indeed night elf (warcraft 3), although blizzard had used druid concepts before (diablo 2, i believe?)
    i guess they needed a horde druid race and made Tauren. Then they made worgen because, well they already mutate between human and wolf anyway (and the balance Sythe artifact lore), and trolls because Zul'Gurub / Zul'Aman happened. So the story evolves to give the Gameplay what it needs to keep growing. My first character was a night elf druid, and I will never race change him, because night elf lore from wacraft III is what I most liked (also loved the Sylvanas, Arthas and Kael'thas warcraft 3 plots as well).

I also believe that paladin class should "theoretically" be renamed to Holy Knight. Humans should be the only Paladins from the Holy Knights. Blood elves would be renamed Blood Knights, Draenei and LF Draenei to Vindicaars, Tauren to Sunwalkers, Zandalari to Prelates, and so on, all different orders belonging to the Holy Knights section. But the class has been named paladin for such a long time, that changing the name won't be productive.

Also Shamans were always considered the tribal priests / paladins of the horde, being Thrall and Vol'jin the characters that personificated them in warcraft 3.

So I understand that we need to keep the identity of the original class concepts, because that is what makes them special. But at the same time we need to bring new updates to the game to keep him alive. This balance isn't easy to maintain, and tough choices also need to be made. I guess expanding the wow races that can become druids is one of them.
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-15 at 03:33 PM.

I’m in favor of more options and new lore. I’m excited about kul tiran druids because now I can stay on the alliance instead of switching to zandalari

Deleted
    The more druids, the better, i'd say. I was getting tired of the boring new looks, as for the lore, something new doesn't hurt!

Quote Originally Posted by Ret4resto View Post
    I’m in favor of more options and new lore. I’m excited about kul tiran druids because now I can stay on the alliance instead of switching to zandalari
    Because Blizzard know people like this play the game.

And the Lore nerds are coming out of the woodworks. Lovely.

It's Blizzard's game, they can retcon and change shit in favor of gameplay to Argus and back, and you lot will just have to keep whining on the forums about your arbitrary rules for what the lore should and shouldn't be.

Quote Originally Posted by Emode View Post
    Because Blizzard know people like this play the game.
    What, someone that's excited about playing the game? What a shocker...

You mean Kul'tiras new allied race?

No doubt they want to make cool beasts. Get druids to race change. Money money. Or oh look at the lore. Money is going to win for them. It always will. I wish they made for the game decisions but they don't. Its all for the check book.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sacred 10'000 25 year-old lore is being tampered with! Blasphemy!

7+ Year Old Account
    Can we separate gameplay classes from "lore"... it doesn't make any sense and only ruins gameplay. I personally think whole, who can get what class is just old now. Also blizz don't care about lore for a long time, whole class/race divide is just relict of the past.

I play what I like and would like to have a choice to play how I like...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I like druids from the lore to the class and when Cataclysm was released I was a little perplexed why Blizzard randomly decided to add Troll and Worgan as druids but I let it be. However now with BfA we have Highmountain, Zand Troll and Kul'Tiran druids (the latter being double WTF) - I don't know it just feels a little like Blizzard pissing on the original druid lore just to try and make as many different 'cool looking' beast forms. It's not a huge issue granted just a mild annoyance
    Well, Blizzard DID have lore points to them all. The big WTF for me is the Troll druids, we've basically been killing troll druids before we knew they were druids in Cataclysm. As for the Kul Tiran, it is the same story as the Gilnean, Harvest Witches having learnt more. The Highmountain Tauren makes sense as almost all the tauren can be druids. And the Zandalari was explained to actually be Dinomancers.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

just more cats for the patting :3

If anything i hope horde gets even more choice for druid races.

10+ Year Old Account
    We needed more Alliance Druids anyways. QQ more
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    We needed more Alliance Druids anyways. QQ more
    Actually, you did. You needed cooler druids. Night Elves are bleh, worgen are okay unless you wanna play a female, so new changes are welcomed. And at that, people complained when Horde was given two druid classes.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..