ElfKiller

I wonder where that spell appears. It's instant too.

@Zulkhan
    I miss Mists of Pandaria

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Jesus Christ. What the hell they had to pick when the factions aren't fighting each other and are entirely focused on the dreadful common enemy? Again, your atrocious reasoning once again implies that every single member of the factions who fights the common enemy without killing members of the other at the same time are "neutral". That's not how it works, it never did and never will.

Seriously, go pick a dictionary and don't bother me any further until you didn't.
    I don't count the "Army of the Light" as an Alliance/Horde Faction. Hell, it's a pretty neutral Faction. Well, it WAS a Neutral Faction. Same went with the Armies of Legionfall. Same went with your Orderhall's.

Hell, the Nightfallen were Neutral, until after Legion.

NONE OF THEM CHOSE SIDES UNTIL AFTER LEGION! NEUTRAL= NOT TAKING PART OF EITHER SIDE DURING A WAR!

None of those Factions took side of either the Alliance/Horde during Legion (Other than the Nightborne, during Patch 7.1).

I still stick to my idea that Sylvanas and Saurfang are meant to reach a compromise after the initial clash. There's no point in repeating MoP to the tee with Saurfang pulling a Vol'jin and "liberating" the Horde from Sylvanas. In fact, there's really nothing to liberate: Sylvanas isn't in the condition to keep anyone enthralled like Garrosh did to Orgrimmar, nor Sylvanas seems to have a fanatical following comparable to the MoP's Kor'kron.
    I hope so, but I’m definitely in the wary mindset.

I’d personally consider it more likely that Blizzard is purposely adding red herrings and these dialogue lines aren’t intended to hit live.

I still stick to my idea that Sylvanas and Saurfang are meant to reach a compromise after the initial clash. There's no point in repeating MoP to the tee with Saurfang pulling a Vol'jin and "liberating" the Horde from Sylvanas. In fact, there's really nothing to liberate: Sylvanas isn't in the condition to keep anyone enthralled like Garrosh did to Orgrimmar, nor Sylvanas seems to have a fanatical following comparable to the MoP's Kor'kron.
    ...0 Chance.

Hell, Geblin slaying SARGERAS has a higher chance of happening.
    Last edited by TheFirstOnes; 2018-03-15 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    what?

no Zandalari and Dark iron are coming at the start of the expansion just like they advertised months ago. and orcs and humans are coming later
    That was not what was announced, they stated unlocking Z and DI were linked to completing the story in Zandalar and Kul Tiras respectively.
    The point is that the announcement never made sense as DI have seemingly no link to the new zones thus their being unlocked after a leveling experience in Kul Tiras seemed random. That coupled with the art choices for the collector's mounts, the druid form for KTs point to them and Zanda being the linked pair of unlocked allied races through zone questing. They will only be available at the start of BfA in the sense that technically they can be unlocked after everyone burns through the questing experience. It won't be a day 1 availability for the majority.

Quote Originally Posted by ArgusTheUnmaker View Post
    I don't count the "Army of the Light" as an Alliance/Horde Faction. Hell, it's a pretty neutral Faction. Well, it WAS a Neutral Faction. Same went with the Armies of Legionfall. Same went with your Orderhall's.

NONE OF THEM CHOSE SIDES UNTIL AFTER LEGION! NEUTRAL= NOT TAKING PART OF EITHER SIDE DURING A WAR!

None of those Factions took side of either the Alliance/Horde during Legion (Other than the Nightborne, during Patch 7.1).
    The factions maybe but certainly not Alleria, Turalyon, and Velen.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Makorus View Post
    How am I trolling, exactly?

How is what Sylvanas is doing on Kalimdor any different than what the Alliance did? They obviously didn't joke around either considering they just burned a Horde camp down and planned to take down Orgrimmar with a sneak attack.
    You know that is BS right? Why didn't they dismantle the horde at the end of siege if that was what they wanted? A rogue group might have wanted that, but they would never have suceeded.
    Varian never schemed any taking down of the horde.

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    it makes sense how i said it weeks ago.

the zandalari came to the HOrde for help, despite the racism the leaders are open to an alliance because they need help with the blood trolls among other problems. meanwhile Moira has been one of the most active members of the Alliance recently and its about time she solidify her rulership. So it makes since both of those come first they are easy to ally with

Kul tirans are a possible ally but they have no reason to want to . so we go to kul tiras our champions stop Av-whatever her name is, stop the evil sea cult and participate in their culture. with many alliance heroes ingrain in their culture near the end of 8.0 Kul tiras will be an official ally. During that time Saurfang having his crisis of faith will have gone to draenor. Similar to the dark irons in 8.1 or the end of 8.0 we will go with him on a quest to draenor and see him posture and talk to the other orcs about how they betrayed their ideas in the past and they owe it to azeroth to remind them of the mistake the Horde is making now, and the Iron horde made then.

think of it like caticorner handholds. uneven but equal

The Horde and alliance are equal.

the alliance allies with the Dark iron making them more powerful
    so the Horde allies with the zanadlari, getting an ally AND a navy
    So finally the alliance convinces the kul tirans to join their cause getting a navy to match the zandalari
    and then saurfang brings orcs into the fold

at each point in time the power isnt balanced, and then it shifts to the other side

at the end each has 2 new allies and 1 navy

- - - Updated - - -

i mean if you dont like them being like the sith then saurfang needs to replace sylvannas..

- - - Updated - - -

what?

no Zandalari and Dark iron are coming at the start of the expansion just like they advertised months ago. and orcs and humans are coming later
    You mean just like Nightborne, Highmountain, Velves, and Lightforged right?

I’m still convinced that DIDs and Draenor Orcs come at some point before BFA launches because it’ll be the only place in the story that it makes sense to add them. And circumstantial evidence in Alpha showing the AU having come over and DIDs fully in the Alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by Ningjinq View Post
    The factions maybe but certainly not Alleria, Turalyon, and Velen.
    You mean the same people that went against the Faction Conflict just to take on the Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

How am I trolling, exactly?

How is what Sylvanas is doing on Kalimdor any different than what the Alliance did? They obviously didn't joke around either considering they just burned a Horde camp down and planned to take down Orgrimmar with a sneak attack.
    Sylvanas burned down THOUSANDS of Innocent People. She also took down the Capital City of the Night Elves.

The Alliance took down a CAMP, and they PLANNED to destroy the Capital City. Though, that was PLANNED! Never actually happened.

Oh, and an ENTIRE TREE WITH MILLIONS OF INNOCENTS is a WAY greater casualty than a simple Horde CAMP!

The thing is, those similiar names are kind of... weird? If one is the Allied Race Mount for the Dark Iron Dwarves, and the other is the long-due Paladin Dwarven mount for the "Ironforge Dwarves", why the extremely similiar names?

- - - Updated - - -

Securing a home for her people is any different how?
    Because she wants us to be loyal to her not the Horde. And that’s a very dangerous mindset because then she’ll be willing to do far more dangerous things to keep herself alive and the expense of everyone else.

- - - Updated - - -

You mean the same people that went against the Faction Conflict just to take on the Legion?

- - - Updated - - -

Sylvanas burned down THOUSANDS of Innocent People. She also took down the Capital City of the Night Elves.

The Alliance took down a CAMP, and they PLANNED to destroy the Capital City. Though, that was PLANNED! Never actually happened.

Oh, and an ENTIRE TREE WITH MILLIONS OF INNOCENTS is a WAY greater casualty than a simple Horde CAMP!
    I’m pretty sure the Alliance would do the same with Lordaeron. If they had captured it without it being blighted they weren’t going to let the Forsaken live there. And we don’t know if civilians die in Teldrassil. (And if they do it’s because the Alliance looking incompetent makes them more lawful good). The Horde evacuates all their citizens from Lordaeron.

That’s not a good example. Other examples are better.

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m pretty sure the Alliance would do the same with Lordaeron. If they had captured it without it being blighted they weren’t going to let the Forsaken live there. And we don’t know if civilians die in Teldrassil. (And if they do it’s because the Alliance looking incompetent makes them more lawful good). The Horde evacuates all their citizens from Lordaeron.

That’s not a good example. Other examples are better.
    I'd think civilian kills would be off the table(UNless you're Genn then maybe that's "acceptable losses")
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather

What's this noise?

Seriously, go pick a dictionary and don't bother me any further until you didn't.
    Sorry, I can't hear you.

...0 Chance.

Hell, Geblin slaying SARGERAS has a higher chance of happening.
    And that's because you say so? You'll forgive me if yours ain't an opinion I particularly care about.

So according to you Anduin is neutral because he tried to convince Jaina about not fighting the Horde while the Legion was the bigger threat?

Well guys, you heard it here first: the leader of the Alliance is neutral!

Sylvanas burned down THOUSANDS of Innocent People
    Which were apparently so unimportant that Anduin didn't feel like mentioning them before rallying the Alliance against Lordaeron.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-15 at 03:17 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

So they abandoned the alliance and then rejoined?

Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    I'd think civilian kills would be off the table(UNless you're Genn then maybe that's "acceptable losses")
    I’m not talking about killing them, more that they’d be displaced. Like the Night Elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Which were apparently so unimportant that Anduin didn't feel like mentioning them before rallying the Alliance against Lordaeron.
    Let's be fair, I'm sure he cares, just dialogue not fully representing that. Either way while we know the attack on Teldrassil was going to happen by Sylvanas, we still don't know what causes it to be burned/on fire.

I’m not talking about killing them, more that they’d be displaced. Like the Night Elves.
    Well there's always Theramore ruins if they needed to(I know disucssing hypotheticals isn't very important but just thoughts).
    Last edited by Aeluron Lightsong; 2018-03-15 at 03:18 PM.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

That may be wishful thinking. People behaving like adults and working out their problems maturely rarely happens in Warcraft.

Saurfang had better not be Alliance friendly is all I'm saying. Having the Orc leader go neutral would suck, but I could bear it. If he starts sucking Anduin's dick along with everyone else, then I'll be pissed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    Let's be fair, I'm sure he cares, just dialogue not fully representing that.
    The point is that "people losing their homes" is utterly irrelevant compared to "people being slaughtered en masse". If the latter happened, there would be no reason to gloss over the first.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jastall View Post
    Saurfang had better not be Alliance friendly is all I'm saying. Having the Orc leader go neutral would suck, but I could bear it. If he starts sucking Anduin's dick along with everyone else, then I'll be pissed.
    That's unlikely because Saurfang has clearly no respect for Anduin either, although for drammatically different reasons. Still, if all he intends to do is stay all sullen in a cage I'm going to be annoyed as well. One Orc with crippling depression (Thrall) is enough, we don't need a second.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-15 at 03:27 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    So they abandoned the alliance and then rejoined?
    ...Yeah, basically. They couldn't go back to the Alliance, they joined up with the Army of the Light, and they've fought the Legion throughout countless ages.

In fact, I don't even think they thought they WERE coming back, it was that crazy.

That's unlikely because Saurfang has clearly no respect for Anduin either, although for drammatically different reasons. Still, if all he intends to do is stay all sullen in a cage I'm going to be annoyed as well. One Orc with crippling depression (Thrall) is enough, we don't need a second.
    He's got no respect for Anduin now. But if the writers want him to start worshiping the ground that Prince Mary Sue walks on, he damn well will get on his knees stat.

Now I don't think this will actually happen, my guess is more that this is the excuse used to make him sit the Horde story out until the inevitable confrontation with Sylvanas happens. What happens then depends on Blizzard's creativity, which is an uncertain prospect to me. All that said I've not lost all hope nor am I going to be angry at early datamined text.

@Zulkhan

1. Alleria and Turalyon fought for the Army of the Light during that time. They were apart of their OWN FACTION! Anduin fights for the Alliance, no matter what threat he faces. Same (In a sense) goes for Velen.

2. Even though the Battle for Lorderon happens RIGHT after Teldrassil. -_-