Poll: Which plot device will restrain Draenei/Lightforged technology?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Pandragon View Post
    All of the Lightforges technology requires Argunite to work. Azeroth doesn't contain these types of crystals. On Argus they kept running low and we had to go salvage some to keep their weaponry active. Once everything moves back to Azeroth, all of the Lightforges technology will slowly start to die.
    Yea this.

The poll is kind of pointless since there is already an explanation for this.

Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    Yea this.

The poll is kind of pointless since there is already an explanation for this.
    The vindicaar is not Lightforged technology and it's now being powered by the crown, that's how you blast into Antorus.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyforge1 View Post
    These poll results make me sad, it shows how little faith we all have in Blizzards writing
    Precisely this. No point in participating in such a thread when the OP obviously has such contempt for the game's lore.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    I read what you wrote. I disagree. Every time the blight has been employed - Wrathgate, Southshore, Gilneas - Blizz has written NPCs to be horrified. You may decide in your head cannon that no one minds, but that simply isn't supported in game.
    No, it's your headcanon making you see things that don't exist. People are at most concerned or terrified, because it can be an effective weapon indeed. But there's not even a single NPC in-game questioning the Blight on a moral level, even less within the Horde.

"The New Plague,[1][2] also known as the Forsaken Blight or blight (not to be confused with the original blight), is the Forsaken's altered version of the powerful Plague of Undeath, which led to the creation of the Undead Scourge. The Plague of Undeath had the effect of transforming normal humans into mindless undead in the service of the tyrannical Lich King. Some members of the Forsaken, including their queen Sylvanas Windrunner, were once pawns of the Lich King, but were later freed. The Forsaken's aim is to create a new plague that would annihilate the Scourge itself, and ultimately, during the Northrend campaign, this is successful. However, the Forsaken's plague was usurped by the treacherous Grand Apothecary Putress, who proceeded to unleash it upon the Scourge, the Alliance and even the Horde. As such, the Forsaken's allies have deemed it unethical to be used again at its full potency." https://wow.gamepedia.com/New_Plague
    Even though it's a fantasy game, it is written by people who live in the real world. Poison gas is always portrayed in movies as something the villains use
    The entire paragraph is unsourced and the part in bold outright false. We know why the Blight was "banned", it was explained back in Silverpine. There's no other source handling the subject, nor other Horde NPCs further commenting it.

Sounds like a vote for "Technology won't matter, because magic."
    Considered how Draenei's technology is itself magical, magic has all the means to counter it.

Oh I wouldn't single it out. I agree there are many horrifying things portrayed in WoW. The blight is just one of them
    War itself tends to be a horrifying business and, to quote Lincoln, "there are no honorable ways to destroy, no gentle ways to kill". Wrecking people with laser beams isn't more "ethical" than killing them with poison gas.

It was banned because it killed indiscriminately
    And once again you make it sound like the Wrath Gate was an "accident" and not an act of betrayal. It didn't kill indiscriminately, it killed all the targets Putress wanted to kill ("Death to the Scourge and death to the living!")

You're not "disagreeing" with what I wrote, you're simply turning your gaze away from it.

Your reasoning would make sense if the Blight was used by regular Forsaken troops against the Scourge and that ended up killing everyone in the process. That's not what happened and you fucking know it.

Note that it doesn't say "the Forsaken's allies have deemed it unethical to be used again on allies", it says "to be used again at its full potency."

That's how Blizz is writing it, not me. Apparently even in WoW, some weapons are deemed to be to horrible.
    Except your quote is unsourced and clearly not written by Blizzard at all.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-15 at 12:56 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    No, it's your headcanon making you see things that don't exist. People are at most concerned or terrified, because it can be an effective weapon indeed. But there's not even a single NPC in-game questioning the Blight on a moral level, even less within the Horde.

The entire paragraph is unsourced and the part in bold outright false. We know why the Blight was "banned", it was explained back in Silverpine. There's no other source handling the subject, nor other Horde NPCs further commenting it.

Considered how Draenei's technology is itself magical, magic has all the means to counter it.

War itself tends to be a horrifying business and, to quote Lincoln, "there are no honorable ways to destroy, no gentle ways to kill". Wrecking people with laser beams isn't more "ethical" than killing them with poison gas.

And once again you make it sound like the Wrath Gate was an "accident" and not an act of betrayal. It didn't kill indiscriminately, it killed all the targets Putress wanted to kill ("Death to the Scourge and death to the living!")

You're not "disagreeing" with what I wrote, you're simply turning your gaze away from it.

Your reasoning would make sense if the Blight was used by regular Forsaken troops against the Scourge and that ended up killing everyone in the process. That's not what happened and you fucking know it.

Except your quote is unsourced and clearly not written by Blizzard at all.
    You make a good defense lawyer. Will you be available toward the end of next expansion?
    That's about when Christie Golden will be writing "War Crimes II".
    Baine will probably recuse himself; he has Forsaken living in his basement.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by Every Pwny View Post
    The vindicaar is not Lightforged technology and it's now being powered by the crown, that's how you blast into Antorus.
    Ah I missed that. I was under the impression that we as players have been actively powering it with Argunite.

Sounds like a vote for "Technology won't matter, because magic."

- - - Updated - - -

Oh I wouldn't single it out. I agree there are many horrifying things portrayed in WoW. The blight is just one of them.
    Less that, I didn't say magic would stop the tech.

Only that WoW is full of big power weapons or people capable of widespread destruction just nobody does it. The Draenei getting one doesn't change much since every faction already had their own options for just fucking up everything.
    World needs more Goblin Warriors https://i.imgur.com/WKs8aJA.jpg

Ah I missed that. I was under the impression that we as players have been actively powering it with Argunite.
    wouldn't make much sense since Argunite wasn't available until AFTER we used teh Vindicaar to travel to teh place that provides it

Speaking of otherwordly materials.

Perhaps azerite cannons can simply shoot through the Vindicars shield? The ship now being rendered useless for anything but transport in the face of greater firepower.

Quote Originally Posted by Toppy View Post
    Less that, I didn't say magic would stop the tech.

Only that WoW is full of big power weapons or people capable of widespread destruction just nobody does it. The Draenei getting one doesn't change much since every faction already had their own options for just fucking up everything.
    Ok, but that's still kind of what I was thinking with that option. Maybe I didn't word it the way you would have, but basically that you don't feel their tech would make them stronger anyway.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

I don't see how it would be impossible to take down? Very powerful sure, I bet it was expensive to make as well. But especially since Azerite is now the equivalent of nuclear weapons on Azeroth, I would say it has the power to take down a spaceship. So yeah, magic is the answer then?

And considering how easily the Xenedar was taken down by the Legion once it was within their range or how the draenei have crashed all their spaceships, I don't think they are the answer to defeating the Horde. Who pays for those anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    wouldn't make much sense since Argunite wasn't available until AFTER we used teh Vindicaar to travel to teh place that provides it
    It is bit a shadow of its current state at this point. Even at risk of being destroyed by the first giant demon that it encounters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zendhal View Post
    It's called Sylvanas
    /\this/\

indeed, that's why.

It is bit a shadow of its current state at this point. Even at risk of being destroyed by the first giant demon that it encounters.
    Other way around, its more powerful than its ever been since it got the not-triforce shoved into it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the same plot device employed to stop the nightelves from using the Horn of Cenarius again or the blood elves from making another mana bomb. Blizzard's short memory.

Draenei tech is a mix between tech and magic so i guess it can easily counter via magic!

They will crash again. For sure.

Why can't we have void Draenei druid pallies?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    You make a good defense lawyer.
    Either that or the accuser is out of shape.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Prophet Velen: "Goddamit Rommel, stop crashing these fucking ships. You of all people should know how hard they are to build."
    Grand Artificer Rommel: "Hic... You should have seen this coming. Hic."