... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    British people say aluminum "Al-oo-mini-um"

argument invalidated.
    Actually its Al-U-min-yum

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    ....."should of...." (instead of "should have") wins that for me.
    This is one of the worst things possible and warrants a fist placed into their face, along with the word "prolly".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    Actually its Al-U-min-yum
    No, it's Ah-loo-mean-yoom.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Candy specifies a certain kind of sweet. A pastry is a sweet, but it is not candy. For me, as a person who limits the amount of sweets, I say exactly that specify that it doesn't matter if it is candy, pastry, or any sort of sugary food or drink. If offered candy, I would say, sorry I don't really eat sweets.
    To me candy is something like this

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas82 View Post
    No, it most assuredly isn’t. I wish Americans understood English better.

The biggest pet peeve I have with all English speakers is using of when they mean to use have.
    Meh here is equal to " "I really do not care enough to argue or explain it." or the short version, " who cares?" I mean, it may not mean that to you and in the US, there is a lot of regional slang words spoken.
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

Deleted
    No, that most assuredly is now how anyone pronounces the word.
    Regional West Yorkshire

The ground floor of a building is floor 0, so one floor up is 1, one down is -1.

"I could care less" means you care some finite amount, it doesn't say whether that's a small amount or a lot.

The main thing that Americans say that annoys me though is "on accident" instead of "by accident."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    Just so you know we’re not converting to the metric system. Even living in Canada they had to learn the hard way.
    I think the metric system is better but, I won't change my mind, 'cause I don't have to. 'Cause I'm an American. I won't change my mind on anything, regardless of the facts that are set out before me. I'm dug in, and I'll never change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    Meh here is equal to " "I really do not care enough to argue or explain it." or the short version, " who cares?" I mean, it may not mean that to you and in the US, there is a lot of regional slang words spoken.
    Even if so that's still the opposite of I could care less

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostpanther View Post
    No, "meh" is an expression of disappointment. It didn't turn out the way you wanted or expected.

Deleted
    Then you need English lessons, because that is most assuredly not the correct pronunciation in anybody’s world.
    Are you somehow new to regional dialects

Then you need English lessons, because that is most assuredly not the correct pronunciation in anybody’s world.
    I don't think you get to decide accents.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Some of those are just silly. You're really annoyed that Americans use different words for certain things?

Here's a Britishism that annoys the British: Soccer.
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I know there's a british guy in my gfs guild that gets triggered everytime she writes ''Honor'' instead of ''Honour'' (or any other word where American english have removed the ''u''). So I guess thats a point!
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fat Mac View Post
    I think the metric system is better but, I won't change my mind, 'cause I don't have to. 'Cause I'm an American. I won't change my mind on anything, regardless of the facts that are set out before me. I'm dug in, and I'll never change.
    I like you Fat Mac. You have a can do attitude. I agree with everything you’ve said.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Quote Originally Posted by Dispraise View Post
    Here's a Britishism that annoys the British: Soccer.
    God damn I hate the sport and can never not bite at this! It's how to rest of the damn world sees it!
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Deleted
    https://dictionary.cambridge.org/pro...lish/aluminium

I am pronouncing it like that

al-u-min-yum

The Unstoppable Force Ghostpanther's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Even if so that's still the opposite of I could care less
    For the Brits maybe or even with the dictionary. That is the issue here in the US. For example, down in some parts of Kentucky, if someone asks you if you want a beer? and you reply " I ain't caring." It really means, Yes!
    " If destruction be our lot, we must ourselves be its author and finisher.." - Abraham Lincoln
    The Constitution be never construed to authorize Congress to - prevent the people of the United States, who are peaceable citizens, from keeping their own arms..” - Samuel Adams

To me candy is something like this

are those.... buttplug lollypops?
    The reports of my death were surprisingly well-sourced and accurate.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    my gfs
    I stopped reading there, it invalidates your entire argument.