Page 95 of 105 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    It's a good sign, just show them that its something you and others really want it then you'll have it. Seems simple enough to me.
    Okay cool so Alliance is getting High Elves then?

I usually don't jump to conclusions but if they had no intent on making them available they would just say no.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by zito View Post
    Probably because they want to tell a story instead of just being out right paladins. Di paladins and shamans is the norm there isn't much explaining needed but a troll paladins has a huge window to fill
    There's absolutely no norm of DI paladins. And well, they did originally state, that the original plan for allied races was that "Shaman EQUALS Horde" and "Paladin EQUALS Alliance", which then after showing that Dark Iron can be shamans, but not showing that zandalari can be paladins, is unsettling.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by General Zanjin View Post
    a might is not a yes
    Once twitchchat is over, watch Ion's response to the first question directly asking about Zandalar Paladins. It's not a YES because they don't want to spoil the whole story, but its coming.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There's absolutely no norm of DI paladins. And well, they did originally state, that the original plan for allied races was that "Shaman EQUALS Horde" and "Paladin EQUALS Alliance", which then after showing that Dark Iron can be shamans, but not showing that zandalari can be paladins, is unsettling.
    No such thing was originally planned. The man just said class balance per horde and alliance side is based on lore not equal numbers

And yes DI paladins is the norm. It has been since forever

Just because it wasn't data mined til recently doesn't mean it wasn't a planed thing
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    So from the sounds of it there gonna explain rather they can be pallys or not though the quest where we unlock them?

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    No such thing was originally planned. The man just said class balance per horde and alliance side is based on lore not equal numbers

And yes DI paladins is the norm. It has been since forever

Just because it wasn't data mined til recently doesn't mean it wasn't a planed thing
    There has never been a single DI member of the Silver Hand, nor is there any mention ever of them worshipping anything but Ragnaros, nor a single mention of a monastic warrior order of DI dwarves. And yes, such a thing was planned, they even tweeted it a few months ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    There has never been a single DI member of the Silver Hand, nor is there any mention ever of them worshipping anything but Ragnaros, nor a single mention of a monastic warrior order of DI dwarves. And yes, such a thing was planned, they even tweeted it a few months ago.
    Hmm it's almost if the dark iron wasn't a race that was on the side of the alliance til recently

Hmm
    Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Once twitchchat is over, watch Ion's response to the first question directly asking about Zandalar Paladins. It's not a YES because they don't want to spoil the whole story, but its coming.
    its a might.
    how many "might happen" things never did happen?
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

15+ Year Old Account
    Hard confirmation that Zandalari Prelates are Paladins, and that the story arc isn't complete and could lead to them being playable.

I think a cool way to handle it might be if the Zandalari Prelates discover the teachings of the Freethinkers and reform that order, drawing the Light purely from their strength of faith rather than a specific Loa's blessing.

Deleted
    its a might.
    how many "might happen" things never did happen?
    None.

If blizzard says "might" it will happen, otherwise they arent shy to deliver a strict No. If there is anything I've learnt about blizzard, then its that if they dont flat out deny something, then its true. Their pokerface sucks.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Hmm it's almost if the dark iron wasn't a race that was on the side of the alliance til recently

Hmm
    Well they have been since MoP... However, what is your point? You are trying to establish a lore-based reason, however you haven't even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by VileGenesis View Post
    None.

If blizzard says "might" it will happen, otherwise they arent shy to deliver a strict No. If there is anything I've learnt about blizzard, then its that if they dont flat out deny something, then its true. Their pokerface sucks.
    dance studio.
    Anemo: traveler, Sucrose
    Pyro: Yanfei, Amber, diluc, xiangling, thoma, Xinyan, Bennett
    Geo: Noelle, Ningguang, Yun Jin, Gorou
    Hydro: Barbara, Zingqiu, Ayato
    Cyro: Shenhe, Kaeya, Chongyun, Diona, Ayaka, Rosaria
    Electro: Fischl, Lisa, Miko, Kujou, Raiden, Razor

My take is that he's saying "wait and see" because the restoration of Zandalari Paladins after the Prelates of Rezan lose their power probably a fairly major part of the Horde 120 quest experience (or even 8.1 if Zandalari and KT humans aren't unlocked immediately) and they don't want to spoil it.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krothare View Post
    Okay cool so Alliance is getting High Elves then?
    Only if Horde gets ogres, so no.

Deleted
    That wasn't a might. He literally said "they used the light once, they can do it again" it's a yes without spoiling it

Deleted
    dance studio.
    So a niche, never really cared for feature that was talked about during a time when Blizzard were still unsure of what features were plausible? Cool. I'm talking about Blizzard today, not during WoTLK/Cata when they promised the moon and delivered rocks.

Doesnt change the fact that if they werent adding the Zandalari Paladins, they would just say so. Whenever Blizzard goes out of their way to not say no, its pretty confirmed.

15+ Year Old Account
    dance studio.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    Not saying "no", and heavily hinting at "bringing them back in line". I also read a "yes" between the lines.
    This is true.

If he did not wish to give this sort of hope, he would not have chosen to answer the question. You really do have to read between the lines sometimes as you said.

I now believe Zandalari Paladins will be a thing once they join the Horde.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Only if Horde gets ogres, so no.
    They confirmed Kul Tirans as the fourth Alliance allied race in the same manner as they confirmed mag'har orcs in the previous Q and A, an offhand comment.

Now that we know the Kul Tiran model is designed to be playable, I can easily the model being modified for a future Ogre Allied race but that could be in an entirely different expansion for all we know right now.

As for High Elves, no, they are part of the Horde as confirmed by Ion in a previous interview.

The real battle for azeroth is going to come with the fifth tranche of races, who is getting Vulpera?

Guessing part of the Zandalari allied race unlock/Zandalar finale involves the prelates getting their power back, which might be why they didn't want to spoil the story arc?