Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I was 100% right, this means the quest unlocking Zandalari will introduce Paladin for them, and same for Kul'trians and the Druids.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    its a cool form, but personally the normal kul tirans aren't too exciting. I don't like the human animations or the way gear looks on them, at least as a druid you could stay in a cool wicker form most of the time.
    Vrykul are much cooler looking imo
    They aren't finished with customizing them yet either, keep that in mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I was 100% right, this means the quest unlocking Zandalari will introduce Paladin for them, and same for Kul'trians and the Druids.

- - - Updated - - -

They aren't finished with customizing them yet either, keep that in mind.
    yeah, I appreciate that. Its just a personal preference they're just too plain and human like for me. Good to see they're giving them the work they put into zandalari druids though

Quote Originally Posted by SkyTides View Post
    yeah, I appreciate that. Its just a personal preference they're just too plain and human like for me. Good to see they're giving them the work they put into zandalari druids though
    I can understand why some people may be disappointed, but players like me which there are a ton of never liked regular humans and this gives us a reason to try a human race. I really just hope they get peg leg and eye patch options.

I can't even imagine what balance form will look like. These obviously aren't Emerald Dream druids, so no need to use Boomkin. Could be anything!

Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I can't even imagine what balance form will look like. These obviously aren't Emerald Dream druids, so no need to use Boomkin. Could be anything!
    wasn't there some evil crow/raven in the woods while leveling? A wicker crow form might look nice - may use the arakkoa skeleton again

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I want to see it animate.

I NEED The other forms.

GIMME

Anyone who claims Zandalari druids prove Blizz Bias is just... LOOK AT THIS!
    to be fair it did, but now that we know alliance is also getting these new cool forms there is still horde bias, however zones not races (as yes the horde zones are much better...)

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    True, though you'll find more bodybuilders than weightlifters online so people will get confused and ask for aaaaaaabs. Since I actually looked, here are some pics for the delight of the whiners:

correct, people look at the models and go "look how stupidly fat they are" but then dont look at the kultiran male arms for example, fat is flat and long, it goes from beginign of limb to end of limb with out much change, either curbing in or out that is it. Muscle, not so much, look at the kultiran arm, does that look like muscle, or fat? however the female body is quite abit differant and for them depending on the build can look "fat"

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    correct, people look at the models and go "look how stupidly fat they are" but then dont look at the kultiran male arms for example, fat is flat and long, it goes from beginign of limb to end of limb with out much change, either curbing in or out that is it. Muscle, not so much, look at the kultiran arm, does that look like muscle, or fat? however the female body is quite abit differant and for them depending on the build can look "fat"
    The women need a few cool and confident faces to give them some personality. They need to be vicious, stern, ruddy, sultry, arrogant, angry, battle-scarred. For now they only have the one generic face, which is normal for this stage of development - but try to get the crybabies to understand that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    I can understand why some people may be disappointed, but players like me which there are a ton of never liked regular humans and this gives us a reason to try a human race. I really just hope they get peg leg and eye patch options.
    They already got a face with a glass eye and scars. No eyepatch though. Peg leg seems unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    They already got a face with a glass eye and scars. No eyepatch though. Peg leg seems unlikely.
    I hope they get the peg leg, that is the ultimate pirate fantasy for a Combat Rogue lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Coconut View Post
    The women need a few cool and confident faces to give them some personality. They need to be vicious, stern, ruddy, sultry, arrogant, angry, battle-scarred. For now they only have the one generic face, which is normal for this stage of development - but try to get the crybabies to understand that.
    The issue isn't the faces. It's that they completely lack muscles and look like they belong on a couch not the battlefield.

Female bodybuilders are shaped evenly or like a thick hourglass because of where muscles are and aren't. They don't look like pears, which is what KT females are.

There seems to be a bit of confusion over a bodybuilder's physique vs a powerlifter's physique. Generally speaking, bodybuilders are like Arnold, muscles upon muscles, with no fat showing because it's all about the presentation. Kul-tirans are more like powerlifters physique with muscles but still have a higher percentage of body fat.

7+ Year Old Account
    if the boomkin form is a leshen, i might consider maining one.

that guardian form alone blows all other druid forms away, even zandalari.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    The issue isn't the faces. It's that they completely lack muscles and look like they belong on a couch not the battlefield.

Female bodybuilders are shaped evenly or like a thick hourglass because of where muscles are and aren't. They don't look like pears, which is what KT females are.
    Because they're people that spend their lifes doing physical work, not sculpting their muscles like bodybuilders do.
    Bodybuilders aren't trained for strength, they're trained for a specific body shape. Bodybuilders aren't actually particularly strong, and bodybuilders in competition shape are necessarily malnourished and underweight for their build, because getting there involves starving to reduce body fat.

Kul Tiran females are what a woman with actual muscles and sufficient calorie intake looks like. If anything, they're actually a bit underweight. Go look at the pics Coconout posted.

5+ Year Old Account
    Some women, whether they're powerlifters or not, are pear shaped. It's in their genetic structure.

Just like how some guys are broad chested, others are barrel-chested, and others are sunken-chested. Even if they spend a decade working out they're never going to change their Bone Structure with Muscle Mass.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Some women, whether they're powerlifters or not, are pear shaped. It's in their genetic structure.

Just like how some guys are broad chested, others are barrel-chested, and others are sunken-chested. Even if they spend a decade working out they're never going to change their Bone Structure with Muscle Mass.
    It's generally the other way around, even. These body types tend to lend themselves better to powerlifting and such, as they have an easier time building the proper muscles for it and not starving in the process.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Where's the proof they'll be an allied race? Where's the proof they will be druids who are in tune with nature magic while humans aren't? (So far every race that can be a druid is in touch with nature in some way) Where's the proof that this picture is a spell that Kul Tirans are using & that its not a random NPC with a variety of colors (like the inconspicuous bears in Silverpine Forest which also have druid marks on their shoulders and are SKINNABLE)? Where's the proof of ANYTHING about them other than a datamined picture and pure speculation?
    • The inconspicuous bears in Silverpine Forest are literally worgen druids. When they die they revert to their worgen forms.
    • The model name labels it as Kul Tiran.
    • The model is used by a pair of Kul Tiran NPCs wearing druid gear who shapeshift using this bear form.
    • Kul Tirans are descended from Gilneans, whose harvest witches practiced primitive druidic magic.
    • House Waycrest formed a pact with the drust to learn how to use their ancient druidic death magic.
    • It has four variants and the crescent marking, just like every other druid bear form.
    • If they just wanted to use it for a couple generic NPCs, there's no need to go through all the extra work. They have wicker hound models, they have other bear models that would work sufficiently, such as the existing worgen bear form, or the Claws of Ursus appearance.

Is this amount of evidence sufficient to persuade a reasonable person that Kul Tiran druids are a thing, playable or otherwise?

I would say yes, it should be.

And if they're putting this much work into an NPC race (multi-faceted customization options, establishment class option justifications), I would consider that strong evidence of Blizzard's intention to eventually introduce them as an Allied Race.

More importantly, the lack of other prominently featured races on Kul Tiras heavily narrows down what options will be available for Alliance races. Combining that factor with the amount of work they've already put into the race makes me think they'd have to be incredibly stupid not to go the extra few yards it would take to make them playable.

At this point, thinking they won't eventually be made playable is far less logical.

And if you accept that they probably will be playable, then you have to look at the fact that they're clearly establishing a presence of Kul Tiran druids as strong evidence to that also eventually being a playable class for them.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Arafal View Post
    if the boomkin form is a leshen, i might consider maining one.
    So far all the boomkin forms have maintained a bird-like quality, which I expect to be maintained if they get a boomkin model.

I would expect something similar to leshen, but perhaps with a crow's skull head and feathered arm-wings, maybe using the same high arrakoa skeleton that the Zandalari boomkin form uses, or perhaps even the arrakoa outcast model to give them that "hag" vibe that the Kul Tiran witches use.

Quote Originally Posted by Dannihilate View Post
    What I'm hearing is that the new bear form is Drust, Drust wouldn't ally with the Alliance, therefore Drust are Horde and Horde get yet another Druid race! Confirmed!!
    Well not really that either since Drust would not have liked Horde coming in either. They'd be more inclined to want to be left alone to their land.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Well not really that either since Drust would not have liked Horde coming in either. They'd be more inclined to want to be left alone to their land.
    Pretty sure that when the Horde lands on Kul Tiras they semi-ally with the drust and the witches.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Pretty sure that when the Horde lands on Kul Tiras they semi-ally with the drust and the witches.
    Wrong. Broadcast text says they hunt and kill them.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Well, there aren't really many drust left. Only one is actually in the game that I've seen.

Most of the enemies you see in Drustvar are actually Kul Tiran witches and hags that are part of the Heartsbane Coven.