7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    https://www.nytimes.com/2018/03/15/u...er-russia.html

Let's see if Trump is dumb enough to back up that "red line" threat.
    Mueller knows that Trump is about to try to have him fired, so he's going into overdrive.

Quote Originally Posted by Akaihiryuu View Post
    Mueller knows that Trump is about to try to have him fired, so he's going into overdrive.
    Considering the media rumblings and reports that Trump's cabinet shakeups are leading to a Sessions replacement, it's likely. It would be suicidal, but Trump is a moron.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bullettime View Post
    Considering the media rumblings and reports that Trump's cabinet shakeups are leading to a Sessions replacement, it's likely. It would be suicidal, but Trump is a moron.
    Yep, Mueller is about 10 steps ahead of Trump. He knows exactly what's going on, and he's just timing his indictments for maximum impact. He's using Trump's stupidity to make his job easier. I think he's actually baiting Trump to try to fire him now. It's like the whole Dirty Harry "Do you feel lucky, punk?" moment.

And Mueller just Subpoenaed the Trump Organization for financial records.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/15/polit...sia/index.html

10+ Year Old Account
    I expect an attempted Mueller firing in the coming weeks. Really not too far away now from seeing how this will all play out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    And Mueller just Subpoenaed the Trump Organization for financial records.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/15/polit...sia/index.html
    This would be funnier if it were not true:

Trump administration finally announces Russia sanctions over election meddling

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/15/polit...hin/index.html
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    Every damn thing you do in this life, you pay for. - Edith Piaf
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell
    No amount of belief makes something a fact. - James Randi

Shit's about to get real.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dug View Post
    I expect an attempted Mueller firing in the coming weeks. Really not too far away now from seeing how this will all play out.
    I don’t think so... with Trump finally putting up sanctions and enforcing them against Russia, the same day Trump Organization is subpoenaed... I think he might go the other direction and start targeting Russia. It looks like Muller finally hit a note that has Trump changing his tact... but, it’s Trump... every day is a new adventure...
    Folly and fakery have always been with us... but it has never before been as dangerous as it is now, never in history have we been able to afford it less. - Isaac Asimov
    The party told you to reject the evidence of your eyes and ears. It was their final, most essential command. - Orwell

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    This would be funnier if it were not true:

Trump administration finally announces Russia sanctions over election meddling

https://www.cnn.com/2018/03/15/polit...hin/index.html
    Will Putin finally drop the pee tapes? Let's find out

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Felya View Post
    I don’t think so... with Trump finally putting up sanctions and enforcing them against Russia, the same day Trump Organization is subpoenaed... I think he might go the other direction and start targeting Russia. It looks like Muller finally hit a note that has Trump changing his tact... but, it’s Trump... every day is a new adventure...
    If I'm understanding the article right the trump organization was subpoenaed a couple of weeks ago and surely Trump knows that. But this recent chemical attack kind of shoved him into a corner if he didn't play ball with EU/UK in retaliating against RU. So maybe a combination of investigation pressure and global pressure. Either way knowing the way Trump thinks he probably thinks playing ball now and being hard on Russia will absolve him of any crimes he's done.

10+ Year Old Account
    I doubt it... I also doubt Trump had much choice, due to pressure from Muller on Trump Organization and with what UK just did, which shouldn’t anger Putin too much.

It's meh.

Prigozhin was already sanctioned way-way before that, as did all spy/security agencies, and those people who travelled through US are simple IRA workers, not anyone serious.

Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It's meh.

Prigozhin was already sanctioned way-way before that, as did all spy/security agencies, and those people who travelled through US are simple IRA workers, not anyone serious.
    Unfortunately Shalcker is right here. Trump enforcing those sanctions isn't what it appears. It's specifically sanctioning a few of the spy and security agencies and not actually strengthening core sanctions that were supposed to be imposed in the bill.

It's basically Trump saying "hey guys I'm doing something against da trolls!" and ignoring the remaining parts of the sanctions bill. The actual ramifications are pretty much nonexistent as the targets he's enforcing them on aren't exactly big fish to begin with for the effects to be felt by the Russian government. It's basically a show with no real teeth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    From my perspective it is an uncle who was is a "simple" slat of the earth person, who has religous beliefs I may or may not fully agree with, but who in the end of the day wants to go hope, kiss his wife, and kids, and enjoy their company.
    Connal defending child molestation

10+ Year Old Account
    If I'm understanding the article right the trump organization was subpoenaed a couple of weeks ago and surely Trump knows that. But this recent chemical attack kind of shoved him into a corner if he didn't play ball with EU/UK in retaliating against RU. So maybe a combination of investigation pressure and global pressure. Either way knowing the way Trump thinks he probably thinks playing ball now and being hard on Russia will absolve him of any crimes he's done.
    I think for Trump it’s 100% investment. What is Trump, if he isn’t rich? Yeah, he can live off the SAG pension and he will get 200k a year, as a presidential pension. But... Trump without billions, is like the hearthstone player Trump, without hearthstone... just a random dude... who was now president... /facepalm

I think his staff pushed the sanctions, because it’s been obvious Trump had no intention to do it, even if it would have softened the attacks on Trump being weak on Russia. His defense of Russia, has been absolutely idiotic... even according to Bannon, when he was still Trump best bud.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well that's a shame...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    It's meh.

This is a very good point actually. A lot of these sanctions already existed. As this post points out, this is to some extent Trump grandstanding to pretend he is tough on Russia... but, it isn’t all new. Good call...

Whatever sanctions Trump is pushing now is more or less a show.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadowferal View Post
    Whatever sanctions Trump is pushing now is more or less a show.
    Yep, I just didn’t want to be the first to say it like that. But, when someone I disagree with as much as @shackler is saying it, I felt it was unbiased enough to mention. Was going to ‘beat around the bush’ to avoid calls of bias...

10+ Year Old Account
    So has anything been happening in this fake Russia-ghazi investigation as of late? Haven't heard anything.
    Eat yo vegetables

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    So has anything been happening in this fake Russia-ghazi investigation as of late? Haven't heard anything.
    But you never hear anything, almost as if you refuse to listen.
    It is by caffeine alone I set my mind in motion. It is by the beans of Java that thoughts acquire speed, the hands acquire shakes, the shakes become a warning.

-Kujako-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by PRE 9-11 View Post
    Well, I noticed a couple of articles pop up just today. One of them was about Mueller issuing a subpoena for some Trump organization documents, and the other was about how someone who is cooperating with Mueller is a convicted pedophile (which I don't really get? How can you be convicted for thoughts? We have other words to describe potential crimes...)