Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wries View Post
    Sacred 10'000 25 year-old lore is being tampered with! Blasphemy!
    To be fair that's a quarter century.

For the sake of simplicity, Blizzard is referring to similar magics under the same name. Sunwalkers aren't Paladins. Blood Knights aren't Paladins. Dwarves and Draenei aren't Shamans, etc.

It would be nice if Blizzard simply referred to each class by their lore name, but then it would be also odd considering that all these different classes have the same spells and animations.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    I wonder why Draenei cant be druids. They should be allowed to chose that destiny. If they were able to find the elements, they surely could go one step further.
    Can't wait to transform into a battlegoat.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Deleted
    KT are not druids neither are Zandalari
    Zandalari are dinomancers and KT are witches.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    To be fair that's a quarter century.
    Warcraft 3 introduced Night Elves and Druids, with the Horde having (Orc & Tauren) Shamans as well, and that was only sixteen years ago. Far fewer than 25!

10+ Year Old Account
    I want gnome druids. Am i a bad person now?
    I.. kinda... want them, just because of how silly it'd be..
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

I like that there's more options for druids nowadays, which fits with the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by matheney2k View Post
    You realize since day 1 of Warcraft 1 it was all for the check book right? That's what companies do. They make money.
    I don't even understand why you want to be upset about this? How dare they give us new stuff and more options??
    You realize you misjudged me being upset at all? I don't care one bit either way. Just pointing out Blizzard will always take the option that offers more monitization.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    But druids are fun!

No, races dictating available classes is a concept of the past and it'd be better to just make all options available at this point.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    And the Lore nerds are coming out of the woodworks. Lovely.

It's Blizzard's game, they can retcon and change shit in favor of gameplay to Argus and back, and you lot will just have to keep whining on the forums about your arbitrary rules for what the lore should and shouldn't be.

What, someone that's excited about playing the game? What a shocker...
    Discuss ideas/events in the OP or start your own thread discussing people.
    Are people not allowed an opinion anymore?
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-03-15 at 07:25 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doffen View Post
    Kul Tiran Druids ftw!
    ^
    Last edited by Dellis0991; 2018-03-15 at 07:31 PM.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yggdrasil View Post
    No doubt they want to make cool beasts. Get druids to race change. Money money. Or oh look at the lore. Money is going to win for them. It always will. I wish they made for the game decisions but they don't. Its all for the check book.
    I mean, they are a for-profit business...

But the reality is, opening up more race/class combos opens up variety, even if those classes are the same amongst them, you get the visual variety as well as racials (which are lol right now anyway), it's the option that matters.
    If they did stick to their guns and say "Nelfs and cows are druids, that's that", there would be tons of people even more upset than the small corner of the community who cry "but teh lore!".
    Furthermore, if they stuck with "Alliance Paladin" and "Horde Shaman" only, the outrage would be even greater, so expanding is only good for the majority as it offers more options, even if those options aren't game-changing technically.

And objectively speaking (because I really don't care one way or the other, TBH), but at this point in the game's run, opening more combos is the way to go for the reason above, but also because it makes sense.
    Live with a race that practices druidism and you, Mr Human or Dwarf, could learn druidism and hear the call of nature.
    Shamans, Paladins, they all have a calling of sorts and all it takes is the ability to hear it.
    In teh paladin campaign, there's a Nelf paladin follower (I think follower option, maybe just a mission fetcher, can't remember), so there is precedence for bleed over.
    Blizz stated before that the players are just cogs in the machine, whereas NPC lore characters are the ones meant to stand out, yet players just arose to the highest possible seat within their Orders (read: class), so are we not on the same level as these lore characters, thus allowed to break the mold?

TL;DR Side rant aside, I am okay with more race/class combos because it offers more options to the playerbase.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiwack View Post
    Discuss ideas/events in the OP or start your own thread discussing people.
    Are people not allowed an opinion anymore?
    Thank you for your incredibly useful contribution I guess? Of course people are allowed to have their opinions, and I shared mine about this topic with my first post which you saw fit to quote. The one attempting to police here, is you.

- - - Updated - - -

No doubt they want to make cool beasts. Get druids to race change. Money money. Or oh look at the lore. Money is going to win for them. It always will. I wish they made for the game decisions but they don't. Its all for the check book.
    Oh booh hoo, nice victim mentality you got there.

Guess what? They won't grow money and keep the game going unless they at the same time make a game that players want, and give the playerbase features that they crave and have been craving for years. If you believe that they're making decisions in a vacuum of figures spinning past on a screen rather than a whole range of factors including player feedback, then you must be willfully blind. Which is probably the case with such victim mentality.

If their only goal was money, then they could've continued with WoD-style development and kept raking in 800 million USD on a bad year. Players would've kept being unhappy, but they only make the game for money, 'member?

To many similar Druids, I would rather we have a diversity of Druids instead of Tauren =/= highmountain.

Me and my friends would always joke about gnome druids. They wouldn't be actual druids, they'd just be gnomes piloting mechs of the druid forms.

Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    I like druids from the lore to the class and when Cataclysm was released I was a little perplexed why Blizzard randomly decided to add Troll and Worgan as druids but I let it be. However now with BfA we have Highmountain, Zand Troll and Kul'Tiran druids (the latter being double WTF) - I don't know it just feels a little like Blizzard pissing on the original druid lore just to try and make as many different 'cool looking' beast forms. It's not a huge issue granted just a mild annoyance
    Considering there's more people who care about faction balance than actual near-irrelevant lore details like that, it's a smart move.

Also nothing prevents them from explaining through the lore why these classes learn to be druids. After all, they duct taped some gigantic fucking unbelievable bullshit with pandas, we travelled through time, they can do whatever the fuck they want.

Thank you for your incredibly useful contribution I guess? Of course people are allowed to have their opinions, and I shared mine about this topic with my first post which you saw fit to quote. The one attempting to police here, is you.

- - - Updated - - -

Guess what? They won't grow money and keep the game going unless they at the same time make a game that players want, and give the playerbase features that they crave and have been craving for years. If you believe that they're making decisions in a vacuum of figures spinning past on a screen rather than a whole range of factors including player feedback, then you must be willfully blind. Which is probably the case with such victim mentality.

If their only goal was money, then they could've continued with WoD-style development and kept raking in 800 million USD on a bad year. Players would've kept being unhappy, but they only make the game for money, 'member?
    You seem pretty worked up over this. Sorry I hit a nerve.

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account

- - - Updated - - -

Could've sworn the one trying to police was you. I just wanted to point out the awesome atmosphere you're putting into this thread! Keep it up
    Last edited by Tiwack; 2018-03-15 at 07:57 PM.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.

You seem pretty worked up over this. Sorry I hit a nerve.
    Not to worry, people being willfully ignorant are a trigger to me and will continue to be. Sorry about that.

Not to worry, people being willfully ignorant are a trigger to me and will continue to be. Sorry about that.
    Good thing I was right and your triggering was based upon your ignorance.

Good thing I was right and your triggering was based upon your ignorance.
    Hahah, that doesn't even make sense. You're not right, just pissy and sporting a very bad victim cardigan.

Go figure. You keep on doing you, at least I'll know for future reference.