Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Castrum View Post
    You want a Human Druid, you play a fattie. Get used to it.
    or you dont.

gilneans say hi.

Formerly known as Arafal

Quote Originally Posted by Sharkins View Post
    Orcs are all the same models with different skin colors. You're talking about giving three models to one race. That's completely different.
    The Orcs got now 2 different Skeletons with 2 different Fitting meshes. You have no idea what you're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by RangerDaz View Post
    Roll a Worgen Druid... use bear form. There you go!
    Not the same.
    "Lack of information on your part does not constitute bias on mine."

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Tauren were pretty popular in Vanilla too.
    Even if you look at current population numbers, you have as many night elf druids as tauren and troll combined, and I don't expect Highmountain druids did much to shift those numbers.

At any rate, I think it's pretty obvious that the extra love they gave Horde druids (two races, Zandalari being very unique) was an attempt to attract more Horde players to the class and hopefully balance out the disparity a bit.

I think it's perfectly reasonable to give the option to use the bulky model or the standard human model. Not all Kul Tirans are the big guys. It would also probably make them much more popular and thus get Blizzard more money for absolutely zero extra work. I don't know why they wouldn't do it.

Quote Originally Posted by RobertMugabe View Post
    The Orcs got now 2 different Skeletons with 2 different Fitting meshes. You have no idea what you're talking about.
    but he said model

Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    but he said model
    "The Orcs got now 2 different Skeletons with 2 different Fitting models. You have no idea what you're talking about."

Fixed it then kek.

BTT: It's quite pathetic how some people are whining here about how this idea would be unfair. The irony is that I remember some of the names here from the 1000 zandalari model threads and there they had a different idea of Fairness lol

The Unstoppable Force Lorgar Aurelian's Avatar
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    "I want human druids with unique culture, but I don't wanna play a fat guy ;_;"

Three player models for one race? Never happening.
    Atleast you can be a bear in more then one way now.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Biotec View Post
    There's still a lot of work to be done on KT humans. Right now they have clipping issues, no voice work, no facial rigging, and are way too big (female KT humans are almost twice the size of normal humans).
    Oh god the clipping issues. I was playing around in the dressing room and shoulderpads clip like nobody's business right now.

Also they had most of their faces removed last build, now it's just the glass eye face in regular or scarred flavor.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

"The Orcs got now 2 different Skeletons with 2 different Fitting models. You have no idea what you're talking about."

Fixed it then kek.
    Well i see only one model with 2 skeletons...

Fixed it then kek.

BTT: It's quite pathetic how some people are whining here about how this idea would be unfair. The irony is that I remember some of the names here from the 1000 zandalari model threads and there they had a different idea of Fairness lol
    Upright orcs and standard orcs have the same model, the skeleton is also the same, but the posture has been adjusted for some animations (not even all).

And draenor orcs are just different skins, hairstyles and beards. More or less on the same level as lightforged draenei.

So while it'd be cool to see other races get something comparable to upright orcs, thin humans and vrykul'tirans are too unique looking for a barbershop option, and on a completely different level than mag'har orcs and upright orcs.

Quote Originally Posted by lordsesho View Post
    Well i see only one model with 2 skeletons...
    Hunched and Straight are two different models. Technically wise.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Soulwind View Post
    Upright orcs and standard orcs have the same model, the skeleton is also the same, but the posture has been adjusted for some animations (not even all).

And draenor orcs are just different skins, hairstyles and beards. More or less on the same level as lightforged draenei.

So while it'd be cool to see other races get something comparable to upright orcs, thin humans and vrykul'tirans are too unique looking for a barbershop option, and on a completely different level than mag'har orcs and upright orcs.
    Models do looks the same in appearance but its different models tech wise.

And this line and the next are different, technically.

But it took me a second to copy and paste the second one. Let's not compare making a brand new model (probably based on the vrykul model, but still) to slightly modyifing a few bones (none from the face) from the existing orc skeleton.

10+ Year Old Account
    Exactly. A model's default pose for all model is the exact same T shape. This is literally just telling the model "follow animation set B, not A"

But it took me a second to copy and paste the second one.
    Well go use toolkit and check youself.

No no no... WoW's Skeletons aren't that "advanced"... they are in fact different models and different skeletons (also unique set of animations).

btw the original post doesn't mention vrykuls. Not sure if anyone has suggested vrykuls as a barber shop Option, only one Person suggesting them as a standalone race.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Time Sage View Post
    Exactly. A model's default pose for all model is the exact same T shape. This is literally just telling the model "follow animation set B, not A"
    No it's "literally" not. That's not how models work ffs

Well go use toolkit and check youself.
    Again, the model may be stored independently, that doesn't mean it was created from scratch, which it obviously wasn't.

So think a bit about what you're trying to argue here, is it about development time? Or is it about how files are stored in the game? Because the latter isn't relevant to the discussion.

No no no... WoW's Skeletons aren't that "advanced"... they are in fact different models and different skeletons (also unique set of animations).
    WoW skeletons aren't advanced or old, they're like every other animation skeleton out there, a bunch of lines in a 3D environment that the model has to follow.

Copying the existing model and moving the neck and back joints for the prebuilt walking and running animations is what it took to create this brand new upright orc.

Sure, it takes some time to adjust it to look right, but considering most combat animations and emotes weren't touched, and that the most complex part of the new skeletons, the face bones, is the exact same, is not comparable in any way to the work needed to make the kul'tiran models, or the vulpera, to give another example.

btw the original post doesn't mention vrykuls. Not sure if anyone has suggested vrykuls as a barber shop Option, only one Person suggesting them as a standalone race.
    I said vrykul'tirans, to refer specifically to the big ones. The males seem modelled and textured based on the vrykul model.
    Last edited by Soulwind; 2018-03-15 at 09:28 PM.

Let's not compare making a brand new model (probably based on the vrykul model, but still) to slightly modyifing a few bones (none from the face) from the existing orc skeleton.
    The same Can be interpreted the other Way around....

- - - Updated - - -

Models do looks the same in appearance but its different models tech wise.
    But the point isnt the tech used, but on what you get in-game the bulky and the thin humans models are totally different, is like using barber to turn into another person.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Utigarde View Post
    Well it's a good thing you aren't playing a fat caster, because Kul Tirans aren't fat. The men at least.
    Gonna have to agree here. They're fucking beefy as hell, and basically only have a beer gut. I don't think a beer gut makes someone fat, while they're otherwise rippling with muscles.

The females look all soft, though. No muscles at all, then again, I haven't seen any screenshots of them in their undies, but they certainly don't look to have the same level of muscularity that the guys have.