Page 4 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Tbh we switched from PL to ML with an adapted EPGP system,

overall we had more loot distributed to people,
    less time between bosses of people "I could use that, but its only a bit better" "oh I could do with that for x mog" etc.
    unused loot actually got de'd for the bank opposed to people selling to a vendor,
    pre pot up and potting % went to 100% for every member bar one, same with food.
    People actually turned up before raid invites we were in and waiting to pull 15 minutes early.

How we set up the system was fair and prevented hoarding and actually worked. After hearing a majority of negative feedback we switched back to PL.

Boat ton of useless loot each week people vendor instead of donating (its their choice of course, but we provide every enchant completely free to everyone including non raiders)
    More time talking about trading loot
    Prepots and food down
    People straight back to turning up late.

Hoping one day to go back to it, so hoping it stays put
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate

I don't like the idea of taking away options from players. Personal loot is aids because you can't even trade gear if the item level is too high.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kamov View Post
    I don't like the idea of taking away options from players. Personal loot is aids because you can't even trade gear if the item level is too high.
    Well, legendaries do count, so you can pretty much trade any upgrade right now in Legion.

Regarding the OP it's not even clear that they're actually removing it. . .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Veiled Shadow View Post
    Regarding the OP it's not even clear that they're actually removing it. . .
    boy, if this forum made threads solely based off of things that were 100% clear, there would only be a few hundred threads out of the 10+ years this forum has been around

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

lmao all the salty people raging about ML being removed when the statement CLEARLY implies that TIER will not be there come BfA.. They even announced WEEKS ago that there wouldn't be anymore raid tiers..

Honestly people should learn to pay attention..

And some reading comprehension as well..
    Quote Originally Posted by shoc View Post
    Because the random name generator might pump out Lortfanden, which sounds like a pretty generic fantasy Warrior name in English, until you realize it means "Shit Fuck" in Danish.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lotus Victorya View Post
    WoD is worse than leveling in Hellfire Peninsula in a PvP Server where your faction sucks.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by This Sesshomaru View Post
    lmao all the salty people raging about ML being removed when the statement CLEARLY implies that TIER will not be there come BfA.. They even announced WEEKS ago that there wouldn't be anymore raid tiers..

Honestly people should learn to pay attention..

And some reading comprehension as well..
    talks about about reading comprehension and complains about people not paying attention
    is convinced there are no more "raid tiers" in BfA
    literally ignores the 30 second video that makes this no-ML scenario more likely to be an actual reality

? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ? ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    pro tip: there's more than one source in the main post. check out the second one instead of basing your responses solely on the wording of the first two sentence source, and then re-read the thread title and take note of the punctuation being used
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-03-15 at 10:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Dracodraco View Post
    No, they're saying most people use master loot because of tier tokens, which won't be present in BFA.
    If you watch the whole thing he actually says they want to move forward with personal loot because it makes it more difficult on guilds that split clear.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarecrowz View Post
    Trust me.

Zyky is better than you.

Raid leader: Okay, tanks & healers swap to DPS loot specs for this boss because the trinket is amazing.
    Tank: But mah shield...
    Raid leader: Also, everyone trade me all loot after the boss dies so I can RCLootCouncil it.
    Raid: Zzzzzz.

Yeah this isn't going to be shit at all.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    My guild has been using personal loot all of legion and we raid mythic. We have used master loot three times all expac to target tier specifically for certain people. Any double ups for personal loot go to a loot council and we hand it out based on where it will be the best for the guild. We have 0 loot drama and 0 downtime dishing out loot. With no tier in BfA we won't be using master loot at all. Getting 6-12 pieces of loot per boss on personal is too good to give up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bullshit all i have to say.

I approve. I'm happy when I get loot but overall I hate all the drama around it.

I'm not looking forward to all the trading that will happen after kills, but really, there's been so many times where I just wished we had PL instead of ML because people were being super pedantic about the tiniest things, when they thought something was handed out unfairly (sometimes it didn't even involve themselves...) and I dunno I just always thought it was a pain, especially on bosses we've been having on farm for weeks. BIG SIGH

So no more gearing the DPS first? As a healer I understood that the guild was priority and I was willing to wait a few weeks to get gear because it meant killing bosses would be easier. Why are they removing options for guilds to use to distribute loot?

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Strifelol View Post
    That is actually not true at all. If that was the case, not a single mythic raid group would even bother with master loot.
    My guild for most part is running with PL and only switched few times for tiers. The problem was when those tier bosses also dropped some trinket or relic that everyone and their mother wants making ML less effective when it came to non tier items. Unnecessary tensions are unnecessary. ML is statistically better only in very specific situations and only for tiers. And since they are going away...

Oh... and split runs. But if aren't doing split runs you might as well not bother with ML for most of the time.

Here's a thought. If Blizzard ever wanted to get rid of split runs - drop ML.

They're going to purge master loot harder than Arthas purged Stratholme
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonus View Post
    Anyway stop being such an ass fucktard.
    Quote Originally Posted by oblivium666 View Post
    Would you kindly go fuck yourself?

Deleted
    The dumbing down of gear yet again. Lovely.

Deleted
    Master Loot should remain for guild groups (aka. your choice!)

Personal Loot being forced on PuG activities is fine, and removes a lot of the ninja/drama.

Very good. As a casual player, I see no reason to play with any group where there is master loot. If people want to distribute loot, you can still do it with personal loot. It is tradeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Arnoux View Post
    Very good. As a casual player, I see no reason to play with any group where there is master loot. If people want to distribute loot, you can still do it with personal loot. It is tradeable.
    The whole process is just made more tedious for full guild groups. Swapping loot specs before every boss to get the big important drops, having to trade everything to the GM/RL, and then finally doing the loot council as usual...

I understand for casual players like yourself that this is a bit of non-issue, but for the majority of guilds doing mythic progression, this is nothing other than a pain in the arse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Sucks if you're unlucky and relied on systems that rewarded you loot based on your participation and performance.
    You're getting exactly what you deserve.

15+ Year Old Account
    And those if us who have gone multiple runs with not a single drop on pl will sure love this, lol.