Page 1 of 3
LastLast

The Army of the Light and the lightforged Dranei (and by extension the Vindicaar)

I am not so clear on how it all fits together.

I read many posts that seem to throw the whole lot in the Alliance camp. Since Lightforged Dranei are an allied race for the Alliance I can see why the association is made. However, I have not seen any official lore that ties the Army of the Light faction exclusively to the Alliance. The Vindicaar as I understand is a tool of the Army of the Light.

Could someone shed some light on this subject?

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    The Vindicaar belongs to the Draeni, they built it from scraps of the Exodar. The LF army HQ was the Xenedar, which was shot down with comical ease in the first 15 seconds of the Argus intro cinematic.

Well, during the Argus campaign they are neutral. But after they pledge their support to the Alliance. So, technically the Vindicaar is an alliance tool, and home "city" to the Lightforged draenei players.

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Well, during the Argus campaign they are neutral. But after they pledge their support to the Alliance. So, technically the Vindicaar is an alliance tool, and home "city" to the Lightforged draenei players.
    A faction can exist within a race (or that includes a race) and not be tired specifically to the affiliations of this race. The prime example is the Argent Crusade / Argent Dawn. There are many other examples.

I know the Lightforged Dranei are sided with the Alliance - but this doesn't imply the Army of the Light are. I would like to see something official that confirms this. Not player speculation and implied relations.

The Vindicaar has always been the Alliance's. As pointed out, it was the Draenei of Azeroth who built it, Velen says this specifically when you start the ritual to board it.

The Army of the Light really primarily consists of Lightforged Draenei, and their ship was shot down as we enter Argus.

Quote Originally Posted by Azen View Post
    A faction can exist within a race and not be tired specifically to the affiliations of this race. The prime example is the Argent Crusade / Argent Dawn. There are many other examples.

I know the Lightforged Dranei are sided with the Alliance - but this doesn't imply the Army of the Light are. I would like to see something official that confirms this. Not player speculation and implied relations.
    The Army of the Light consists of the Humans, Elves, and Draenei that followed Turalyon and Alleria. Turalyon pledges the Army's support to the Alliance.

A faction can exist within a race and not be tired specifically to the affiliations of this race. The prime example is the Argent Crusade / Argent Dawn. There are many other examples.

Who else is in the Army of the Light besides the Lightforged Draenei?
    Turaylon, who is the one that said he'd bring them in.
    Alleria, who's married to Turaylon and the one training the Void Elves.
    Lothraxion, who...well, I don't know what he's up to. But he seems to be good friends with Turaylon.

The Army of the Light is consisted of basically nothing but Draenei. It's nothing like the Argent Dawn/Crusade, which contains more than just humans and dwarves (even if it started out that way). There are orcs, blood elves, tauren, night elves, and a think some trolls in the Argents, as well as at least 1 undead.

As others stated, the Vindicaar is the Exodar draenei's creation. If not for Illidan's little bitch fit, there may have been more races added into the lightforged (like Turalyon is a lightforged human).

On completing the questline to unlock Lightforged Draenei:

Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon
    High King Wrynn. The Army of the Light is pledged to defend the Alliance.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anduin
    The strength of the Lightforged is most welcome in our ranks, High Exarch.
    Quote Originally Posted by Turalyon
    I have fought beside these draenei in the Twisting Nether for a thousand years. You will find no soldiers who are more skilled, or more loyal.

Thanks. This is what I'm looking for.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Jester Joe View Post
    Who else is in the Army of the Light besides the Lightforged Draenei?
    Turaylon, who is the one that said he'd bring them in.
    Alleria, who's married to Turaylon and the one training the Void Elves.
    Lothraxion, who...well, I don't know what he's up to. But he seems to be good friends with Turaylon.
    Sure, but as I mentioned, these are other examples besides the argent crusade. The Aldor, the Scryers, Thorium Brotherhood etc.

LinkedBlades answer is pretty clear

Yep. They made the Ultimate heroes of the grander story Alliance. GG Blizz. Looks like when we do the void expansion it will be alliance only with Anduin and Velen in command with the Horde sitting at home killing their warchief every year.

Quote Originally Posted by GreenJesus View Post
    Yep. They made the Ultimate heroes of the grander story Alliance. GG Blizz. Looks like when we do the void expansion it will be alliance only with Anduin and Velen in command with the Horde sitting at home killing their warchief every year.
    Don't worry, when we need innocent civilians to get butchered like the refugees from Theramore or Teldrassil, or Draenor I'm sure we can give the Horde a ring.

Nothing harder like the Broken Shore, mind you, don't want to see the Horde screaming "Victory or Death!" as they flee the battle.

10+ Year Old Account
    Nah I'm pretty sure Horde will get a new hero or race tied to the void somehow since Alliance already have the emo elves. Something like a faction of the Ethereals.
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

Deleted
    There are also many Lightforged NPCs who were the Tabard of the Army of the Light.

At this point, yea. The horde as a faction seems kind of irrelevant. Grim but hey, lets see where the story goes.

At least the factions within the horde are still relevant.

The Draenei built the Vindicaar and used it to take us to Argus where we met the Lightforged. The Lightforged ship was shot down, and they are welcomed aboard the Vindicaar. The Lightforged eventually join the Alliance and are allowed to use the Vindicaar as home base.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

10+ Year Old Account
    At this point, yea. The horde as a faction seems kind of irrelevant. Grim but hey, lets see where the story goes.

At least the factions within the horde are still relevant.
    Eh, I would not be so dramatic, if anything it seems Horde is on the rise now, I would not be surprised to see them come very close to Stormwind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaidax View Post
    Eh, I would not be so dramatic, if anything it seems Horde is on the rise now, I would not be surprised to see them come very close to Stormwind.
    Would be a nice change from fighting the Legion from an Alliance spaceship while holding hands
    Last edited by Azen; 2018-03-23 at 07:51 AM.

If there's still any of the rest of the army of the light out there they might be neutral, but the flagship was the Xenedar and they did a pretty huge invasion of Antorus in the background to keep the forces occupied while we pushed in. I would think the current lightforged are about all that's left of the Argus division.

They probably shouldnt have made the Vindicaar/Xenedar into battleships and instead just vessels to travel between worlds because as it stands the Alliance has a pretty advanced flying battleship run by pretty advanced soldiers that can move entire armies in mere seconds anywhere on Azeroth.

But yea it would be cool if Lothraxion gets some character development going forward but I doubt it since he didnt do anything after the Paladin order hall, still anything would be good.