Page 23 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Ever notice how every time something bad happens to the Horde it's "shit storytelling"?

Quote Originally Posted by Harbour View Post
    I love the form Saurfang arc shapes into. I like honorable characters, and even more i like guile heroes who dont let their honor to blind them.
    Saurfang has all my support. I hope sylvanas dickriders wont prevent Blizzard from doing the justice to him.
    Which applies oh, so much to Broxigar copy that wants to die in honorable combat at all costs.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-03-15 at 11:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

Anduin was able to make his peace with Garrosh; Saurfang is easy after that, especially since Saurfang had that "moment" with Varian in Icecrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Tauror View Post
    Really, can you bring any argument to a forum debate? Because I'm all still waiting for your counter-argument regarding Saurfang.
    Something something your post history durr.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    There is only one question,

Why the fuck would they do that.
    To avoid MoP rehash with a plot that leads to WotLK rehash, of course!
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Conflict between leaders in the horde is good writing, not bad. The forsaken don't mesh well with orcs, it's not a surprise that Saurfang is saying this. If no one challenges Sylvanas then we will get another Garrosh arc and no one wants that. It would be much better if Sylvanas was shamed into leaving the Horde as a result of her leadership. Hope that's where Blizzard are going with this anyway. Maybe have the next warchief be a bit more permanent though?

Quote Originally Posted by Combatbulter View Post
    He called out Anduin, before being Palpatined too.
    Well, a character consisting of "muh Sylvanas, muh vengeance" and "Anduin!/Varian!" isn't that much better than a character consisting just of the former.

Quote Originally Posted by Zelk View Post
    Conflict between leaders in the horde is good writing, not bad. The forsaken don't mesh well with orcs, it's not a surprise that Saurfang is saying this. If no one challenges Sylvanas then we will get another Garrosh arc and no one wants that. It would be much better if Sylvanas was shamed into leaving the Horde as a result of her leadership. Hope that's where Blizzard are going with this anyway. Maybe have the next warchief be a bit more permanent though?
    I might actually be interested in playing Horde again if Saurfang or even Thrall were warchief. As it is now, I just play the bare minimum needed to keep a Horde alt raiding LFR. Tired of the wannae hardcore badasses and goth kids running the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Dudas View Post
    And then he throws a mana bomb on Theramore OMEGAHONORABLE!!!!!!
    Bombing a city being set up as a military front for invasion a stones throw from two major capitals...why would he do something like that? Garrosh mighta gone crazy but it wasn't in Cataclysm that's for sure.

Sylvanas, like Garrosh, has been doing right by the Horde regardless of what people think. Her methods definitely are questionable at times and she needs to be kept on a leash and no one is better at doing that than Saurfang; it doesn't mean she needs to be betrayed so I really hope the story doesn't go that way.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Thing is, Saurfang is not solving anything. So far he's acting like a big baby staying in a jail cell sulking while the people he has responsibility to are left leaderless. So much for his selective "honor".

Quote Originally Posted by Stelio Kontos View Post
    Ever notice how every time something bad happens to the Horde it's "shit storytelling"?
    You mean events in a game chock full of shit storytelling are also shit storytelling? Who'd have thunk?! Meanwhile in the Alliance: everything (not just bad things that happen to them) = HORDE BIAS (including, in some more flavorful example I recently read, "Blizzard shitting down Alliance players' throats").

Having tension is one thing, but when the horde fights itself more than their opponent, then something is wrong.

But we got Garrosh arc because everyone challenged Garrosh and in the process triggered his daddy issues that made him crave acceptance of his peers (and his daddy's ghost). First he sought out more and more grandiose ways to impress the Horde leaders, which culminated in Theramore, and once that failed, he went into a downright spiral of not coping with his awesomeness not getting the applause he thought it would get and instead decided to burn everyone around him down.

And the problem with Saurfang isn't him disagreeing with Sylvanas. No one complained about that when we saw Before the Storm's preview. The problem is him dealing with this problem by just jumping ship on the entire Horde, which runs contrary to his characterization.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    The fact that you posted that, and you still don't see the problem is telling.
    The Problem I have is that Alliance Heroes constantly get taken away from the Alliance. I don't care if Cairne is dead and Magni is alive, Magni is no character of the alliance anymore, he will never do anything especially for the alliance anymore, he doesn't care for the Alliance anymore so that he can be all friendly and neutral to the Horde.

Thats worse than death. Cairne at least died as a Horde Character. His Legacy is that of a Hero of the Horde. Magni on the other Hand is no character the Alliance has a claim to anymore. He is the King of Ironforge who gives a damn about Ironforge anymore.

Love the Slyvanus fans freaking out. This makes the playable fatties much more bearable. Both factions will suffer.
    Last edited by Tripzzz; 2018-03-16 at 12:05 AM.
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

I'm thinking Blizzard is using the events of BfA and decisions of characters like Saurfang BfA to open up faction betrayal story lines. As it stands, we're already getting a nice little contingent of Blood Elves leaving the Horde, and now it's looking like Saurfang might leave the Horde as well. Perhaps by the end of the expansion we'll see players given the ability to pick their faction independently of their race? Or maybe we're going to see a faction become the dominant power in Azeroth and conquer the other faction?

I mean, it's all speculation at this point but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities now.

Quote Originally Posted by Lythelia View Post
    I'm thinking Blizzard is using the events of BfA and decisions of characters like Saurfang BfA to open up faction betrayal story lines. As it stands, we're already getting a nice little contingent of Blood Elves leaving the Horde, and now it's looking like Saurfang might leave the Horde as well. Perhaps by the end of the expansion we'll see players given the ability to pick their faction independently of their race? Or maybe we're going to see a faction become the dominant power in Azeroth and conquer the other faction?

I mean, it's all speculation at this point but it doesn't seem out of the realm of possibilities now.
    That'd be fun. I'd love to bring my Orc warrior and Troll hunter into my Alliance guild.

Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    Sylvanas, like Garrosh, has been doing right by the Horde regardless of what people think. Her methods definitely are questionable at times and she needs to be kept on a leash and no one is better at doing that than Saurfang; it doesn't mean she needs to be betrayed so I really hope the story doesn't go that way.
    Even Baine would be better at that. Look at the datamined information about Undercity battle so far, before he gets captured and receives an epiphany that honor equals abandoning the Horde, including the Orcs he was leading. He complained about muh honor in regards to the Blight deployment and when Sylvanas asks him for a honorable alternative he says nothing. He complains about muh honor when Sylvanas wants to use Azerite weapon against siege towers, because siege towers lives matter. And then goes full muh honor and wants to essentially commit suicide and has to get schooled by Sylvanas who points out to him his concept of honor stems from him idolizing death while knowing little about it on a personal level and that wasting Horde lives is stupid, because from the perspective of a Horde leader the Horde should be worth saving.

Saurfang got reduced to Aggra in BfA, with the difference being that he says "honor" all the time rather than "Go'el". And fucked up perception of honor at that. And it also makes the quote from your sig quite hilarious.

---snip---

Infracted.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-03-16 at 12:14 AM. Reason: Received Infraction
    "Father, is it over? I see only darkness before me."

Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    And the problem with Saurfang isn't him disagreeing with Sylvanas. No one complained about that when we saw Before the Storm's preview. The problem is him dealing with this problem by just jumping ship on the entire Horde, which runs contrary to his characterization.
    Exactly. I am kinda amazed people think leaving your people leaderless and conspiring with faction yours is in war with is being honorable. He's acting like a freaking baby instead of coming home and trying to solve what he thinks is the problem from within.

Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    Thing is, Saurfang is not solving anything. So far he's acting like a big baby staying in a jail cell sulking while the people he has responsibility to are left leaderless. So much for his selective "honor".
    Technically he didn't do much in the role of Orc leader. He did what, appear in the prestige 2 quest in Undercity?