Page 8 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Samesnotatroll View Post
    over something else irrelevant.
    You mean the main point of the thread that you're still somehow not getting?

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Well it was inaccurate to say the least, didn't need more response notifications on it lol. I've made my point and eaten my crow in the previous post.

- - - Updated - - -

You're right, I don't get it. Sorry to bother you, enjoy your conversation here.
    That, my friend, is called building an empire.

Quote Originally Posted by Toybox View Post
    Raid leader: Okay, tanks & healers swap to DPS loot specs for this boss because the trinket is amazing.
    Tank: But mah shield...
    Raid leader: Also, everyone trade me all loot after the boss dies so I can RCLootCouncil it.
    Raid: Zzzzzz.

Yeah this isn't going to be shit at all.
    Like i know people think this isnt going to be the case, and "HAHA WELL MEMED FRIEND" but i promise you, this will be the case, on top of that, you can expect people to still run splits. Just requires more altwork in downtime, something i know EVERY SINGLE TOP PLAYER wants right ? :3
    But alas, noone asked for ML removal, litterally noone. The freedom of choice, for some reason has to be removed without doing anything for glameplay. There isnt a new way to prioritize loot, say coins are 100% drops from bosses, or you can prio-specific loot. Nono, Pure RNG-shitfest, wich ALL casuals and raiders alike LOVED in legion, right?

Actually depressing. I have seen many changes since 2005 when EU-WOW released, but this might actually finally make me quit. I cannot bear to think about how someone will outluck me for an entire expansion again.
    If its such a big deal, Atleast make ML available in Mythic... I beg you.

Curious how devs saying "there will be no tiers in BfA" results in 8+ page thread crying about master loot being gone...

Quote Originally Posted by Dziubla View Post
    Curious how devs saying "there will be no tiers in BfA" results in 8+ page thread crying about master loot being gone...
    So many people who just go off what was written... https://clips.twitch.tv/RelievedBetterCrowSwiftRage Ion said it would be a reasonable assumption that PL would be the only loot system going forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Gum View Post
    Like i know people think this isnt going to be the case, and "HAHA WELL MEMED FRIEND" but i promise you, this will be the case, on top of that, you can expect people to still run splits. Just requires more altwork in downtime, something i know EVERY SINGLE TOP PLAYER wants right ? :3
    But alas, noone asked for ML removal, litterally noone. The freedom of choice, for some reason has to be removed without doing anything for glameplay. There isnt a new way to prioritize loot, say coins are 100% drops from bosses, or you can prio-specific loot. Nono, Pure RNG-shitfest, wich ALL casuals and raiders alike LOVED in legion, right?

Actually depressing. I have seen many changes since 2005 when EU-WOW released, but this might actually finally make me quit. I cannot bear to think about how someone will outluck me for an entire expansion again.
    If its such a big deal, Atleast make ML available in Mythic... I beg you.
    Blizzard can't stop guilds from doing whatever it takes to get ahead of the curve. Removing ML is just a placebo effect that will make people think blizzard "fixed" the issue of splits but it wont because guilds will still require you to have alts and possibly even more now so you can chain run the same raid and then bring in the character that gets geared the most.

You're 100% correct, ML isn't a problem in legion, I haven't joined a single Normal/Heroic pug where they had their loot set to ML. Every single one of those groups is set to PL. Why? Well I'll tell you why! "Guild Master Looter takes over for Master Looter in the choice list. It works in the same way, with the difference being that it can only be used in a guild group (which is classified as a group that contains at least 80% of the players from the same guild). In any other party or raid, one of the other options must be chosen". Because of this, ML doesn't need to be removed because most groups that use ML are guild groups and very rarely is used outside of Mythic raids.

Keep PL for lfr/normal/heroic but leave us the option to keep ML in mythic. Also, if you're in a guild that runs ML and you're having issues with that loot option, the problem isn't ML, the problem is the person/people controlling the loot distribution.
    Last edited by Strifelol; 2018-03-16 at 01:14 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Seramore View Post
    Gear trading is an option, but it only really works later in the tier, in other words it'll work exactly like people are doing now. The loss of ML will only significantly impact the first few weeks/months of a tier because people won't be able to trade gear due to the way gear trading works (you can only trade items if it's not an ilvl upgrade). It'll be a problem for a lot of guilds during progression.
    That wasn't a problem this expansion at all as the majority of *using Matt Damon's Retard Voice* myphic waiders already had ilvl above what was being dropped. Will not be an issue in the future because of *using Matt Damon's Retard Voice* titin phorging.
    Quote Originally Posted by Nizah View Post
    why so mad bro

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by munkeyinorbit View Post
    That wasn't a problem this expansion at all as the majority of *using Matt Damon's Retard Voice* myphic waiders already had ilvl above what was being dropped. Will not be an issue in the future because of *using Matt Damon's Retard Voice* titin phorging.
    It wasn't a problem this expansion at all because nobody did progression raiding with personal loot and had access to legendaries that were 15 item levels over the max titanforged cap.
    Last edited by Seramore; 2018-03-16 at 01:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

I'm fine with personal loot, especially with tier being gone. If Blizz made personal loot drop tier tokens versus class-specific tier (which has it's own war/titanforging issues), it really wouldn't have made much of a difference between ML and PL if your entire group is on the same page. Right now it kinda sucks if you get tier on personal loot, as you are forced to give it to the specific class... never really understood why Blizz didn't change it, but it won't matter in BfA.

If you take tier out of the equation, the chances of you getting loot you want won't change. When I used to mythic raid when I had the time, I remember we'd sometimes not have hunters or shamans. With MLing, we'd still see tons of mail drops... and that's basically wasted loot. Or sometimes we'd get three useless tanking trinkets to drop that no one even wants for an offspec. MLing doesn't care what you have in your raid, it just picks randomly from the entire loot table. PL at least yields something that can be used by the players receiving the loot (and unless there's some wonky ilvl issues locking the loot to the person, they can trade it away). If you want to stack your farming raids with specific classes or armor classes, PL can actually yield a ton more useful loot than MLing.

Now if you don't trust your raid members, sure, master loot away. About the only benefit MLing has anymore is that you can specifically gear up individuals as your discretion during the first week or two of progression, albeit at the potential cost of getting less useful loot in total. Again, with tier being gone, trinkets will likely be the main reason anyone would want to ML.

Quote Originally Posted by Nurvus View Post
    Thanks for making my point.
    Again, killing Split Runs will be good for the game.
    Less burnout.

Top end guilds do split runs because it's there - it's a tool available to them.
    Just like people tried to max out Artifact Power when they weren't supposed to, forcing Blizzard to make the cost grow at a much faster rate.

Take away the tools players use to kill their own enjoyment, and as long as everyone is on an even playing field, it'll be more healthy for the game overall.
    Top end guilds lacking the self control to do endless split runs and burning themselves out is their own problem, not the game's. I belong in a casual Mythic guild, we never do split runs, and we are still progressing very nicely (on Coven now).

Self-inflicted burnout is not a problem that Blizzard needs to fix.
    When we looked at the relics of the precursors, we saw the height civilization can attain.
    When we looked at their ruins, we marked the danger of that height.
    - Keeper Annals

Quote Originally Posted by exochaft View Post
    I'm fine with personal loot, especially with tier being gone. If Blizz made personal loot drop tier tokens versus class-specific tier (which has it's own war/titanforging issues), it really wouldn't have made much of a difference between ML and PL if your entire group is on the same page. Right now it kinda sucks if you get tier on personal loot, as you are forced to give it to the specific class... never really understood why Blizz didn't change it, but it won't matter in BfA.

If you take tier out of the equation, the chances of you getting loot you want won't change. When I used to mythic raid when I had the time, I remember we'd sometimes not have hunters or shamans. With MLing, we'd still see tons of mail drops... and that's basically wasted loot. Or sometimes we'd get three useless tanking trinkets to drop that no one even wants for an offspec. MLing doesn't care what you have in your raid, it just picks randomly from the entire loot table. PL at least yields something that can be used by the players receiving the loot (and unless there's some wonky ilvl issues locking the loot to the person, they can trade it away). If you want to stack your farming raids with specific classes or armor classes, PL can actually yield a ton more useful loot than MLing.

Now if you don't trust your raid members, sure, master loot away. About the only benefit MLing has anymore is that you can specifically gear up individuals as your discretion during the first week or two of progression, albeit at the potential cost of getting less useful loot in total. Again, with tier being gone, trinkets will likely be the main reason anyone would want to ML.
    Or you know... just preferring it because it feels like actual raiding with a guild in an MMO vs your mythic raid now feeling like LFR.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    They could make pl give 100% more loot and I still wouldn't use it, it just feels.... wrong. And really bad even more so for people with shit for luck
    And I'm the exact opposite, they could make ML give 100% more loot and I wouldn't join a guild using it. I dealt with enough bullshit loot drama in Classic/TBC/Wrath to go back to that stupidity. It's a relic of a bygone age.

Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    And I'm the exact opposite, they could make ML give 100% more loot and I wouldn't join a guild using it. I dealt with enough bullshit loot drama in Classic/TBC/Wrath to go back to that stupidity. It's a relic of a bygone age.
    Then don't, no one forces you to join ML, they're forcing PL on us.

I mean, weapons in BfA won't have all primary stats so unless you want a MESS of 2-4 out of 36 spec weapons dropping constantly, you're pretty much forced into PL.

It's honestly a really shit system. Instead of, y'know, adding incentive to actually use PL, they're just making it harder to use ML (certain % needs to be guild), or even detriments if you use it (weapon system in BfA).

Then don't ever join a serious Mythic raiding team because none of us will use that garbo PL system that is raw RNG and doesn't reward skill.

PS: The shittiest players ALWAYS get more/BiS loot on PL and the best players ALWAYS get less/WiS loot. PL is shitsauce.
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Then don't, no one forces you to join ML, they're forcing PL on us.
    No, they aren't. You're all reading too much into what he said. I personally hope they do force it on you though, because ML is a stupid system that doesn't belong in a modern game.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    I mean, weapons in BfA won't have all primary stats so unless you want a MESS of 2-4 out of 36 spec weapons dropping constantly, you're pretty much forced into PL.

It's honestly a really shit system. Instead of, y'know, adding incentive to actually use PL, they're just making it harder to use ML (certain % needs to be guild), or even detriments if you use it (weapon system in BfA).

Then don't ever join a serious Mythic raiding team because none of us will use that garbo PL system that is raw RNG and doesn't reward skill.

PS: The shittiest players ALWAYS get more/BiS loot on PL and the best players ALWAYS get less/WiS loot. PL is shitsauce.
    Translation: "WAAAAAH I CAN'T SCAM TRAILS OUT OF LOOT! WAAAAAH I CAN'T ABUSE MY OFFICER POSITION TO GET MORE LOOT!"

No, they aren't. You're all reading too much into what he said. I personally hope they do force it on you though, because ML is a stupid system that doesn't belong in a modern game.
    "doesn't belong in a modern game" what?

- - - Updated - - -

Translation: "WAAAAAH I CAN'T SCAM TRAILS OUT OF LOOT! WAAAAAH I CAN'T ABUSE MY OFFICER POSITION TO GET MORE LOOT!"
    You must have been in some really shitty guilds then, I've literally never had that issues, and I've NEVER been ML and only a couple of times officer.

Deleted
    ML is so 2006

Deleted
    No, they aren't. You're all reading too much into what he said.
    Q:With recent pushes toward personal loot, is there a reasonable expectation that it WILL BE THE ONLY OPTION FOR CURRENTLY LEVEL RAIDS going forward into BFA?
    A:"That is a reasonable expectation"

I don't think he could have possibly made himself more clear there. What exactly is confusing you?

I'm also sorry that you don't like ML and raids acting as a group of people to intelligently sort out loot to the benefit of the guild as a whole, but PL is already an option for people like you who would rather just leave gearing purely to chance. Its your raid, you can do what you like. If I'm raiding, I'd like the loot system to be ML. Why is that so bad?

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am wondering about those whinging and QQing about the possibility of Master Looter being removed, are just bummed that they will no longer be able to Ninja loot and bail..

Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I am wondering about those whinging and QQing about the possibility of Master Looter being removed, are just bummed that they will no longer be able to Ninja loot and bail..
    ML is guild only, you have way bigger issues then the ML/PL debate if your ML is "ninja looting and bailing"