Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Vol'jin saw sea of salt and thousands of alliance whine-threads. With faint smile he nodded as he thought: "Yes, this will be my last fuck you to this world".

We got trolled.
    Even though he realised it would never come close to the amount of Jaina and Genn whine threads.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigby View Post
    Even though he realised it would never come close to the amount of Jaina and Genn whine threads.
    Are you kidding me ? Sylvanas easily has double if not tripple amount of threads those two generate together. Hell, genn barely ever receives his own threads, and even if he does, sylvanas hijack is almost imminent.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    Actual lore discussion... You mean how the spirits gave Vol'jin a vision, those spirits being the Loa... And the Loa Vol'jin communes with the most, and has the strongest connection to, the one that gives him his abilities, is the Loa of Death Bwonsamdi, who we know, from lore, to be a monumental asshole and selfish prick? That lore?
    And? You have to somehow prove that Bwonsamdi was the one who single-handely wanted Sylvanas to be Warchief. So far, we have "spirits" spoken in plural, we don't even know if Bwonsamdi had a hand in that or no. Vol'jin having a stronger connection to Bwonsamdi means little since he pretty much earned the favor of all Loa and surely is not Bwonsamdi directly granting Vol'jin abilities. Plus, if you would have read Shadows of the Horde you would know that Bwonsamdi may be a prick but he's no villain whatsoever, that's the whole point as for why Vol'jin even care about earning his favor. And if you think Bwonsamdi's fetish for death and souls is a good argument, his spoken distaste for undead is just as good.

On the end of the day, Vol'jin was indeed granted a vision by the Loa like they did several times in the past, both to him and his father Sen'jin. But somehow you want it to be "different" this time because "muh Sylvanas" is involved.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-16 at 12:34 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Thing is Vol'jin would never blindly follow what Loa "commanded" if he himself doesn't see benefit the action in question would bring to the Horde. Considering he's not an idiot I find notion of him being somehow tricked hardly believable.

It could be that all this stirring the pot with Saurfang and Sylvanas is just playing to Vol'jin's "many will not understand" statement he made when giving the title to Sylvanas. It could still be that Sylvanas is somehow important regarding some grand scheme we're not seeing yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    So according to the Wiki, Bwonsamdi thinks the Undead are abominations and in his temple views them as "unbearable taint".
    He says it in BfA at his temple:

Though it's unsure if he's referring to *all* undead, or the undead created by the Blood Trolls and G'huun through the use of Bloodstone relics.
    Last edited by Aucald; 2018-03-16 at 12:39 AM.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Quote Originally Posted by Schattenlied View Post
    He says, as if there is even a shred of evidence to the contrary.

I refuse to believe someone like Vol'jin, who is actually good and honorable, would put a nutbar like Sylvanas in charge unless he was deceived.
    I refuse to believe voljin would be dumb enough to be deceived against his better judgement if he didnt see some good in her.

Honestly, if it turns out that he was tricked, then i will lose all respect for him.

Nothing blizzard writes has to make sense.

Hell, nothing blizzard writes MAKES sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Aucald View Post
    Though it's unsure if he's referring to *all* undead, or the undead created by the Blood Trolls and G'huun through the use of Bloodstone relics.
    ahh ok, are the undead anything like forsaken/scourge?

Also is this just a generic fetch quest for those stones or is there more of a theme going on of him trying to gain power?

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    The "unbearable taint of the undead" sounds generic enough.
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.

10+ Year Old Account

Man, this is gonna be one awkward scene if you are playing undead.

"Da undead be an abominations, but u cool. Wanna do da quests for me"?

10+ Year Old Account
    "Hey boss.

I'm not like those undead.

I'm, like, a totally superior breed of undead."

*raises thumbs and smile, likely with the jaw falling on the floor*

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dagoth Ur View Post
    "Da undead be an abominations, but u cool. Wanna do da quests for me"?
    Its as stupid as questing as undead in dragonblight and being send to emerald dragonshrine, which is said to destroy all undead that try to enter. Somebody doesn't like us.

Seems that Voljin was "trolling" the Horde...

Vol'Jin - "The spirits have granted me clarity. A vision, they whisper a name. Many will not understand, but you must step out of the shadows and lead. You must be Warchief."

Spirts - "NO NO, dammit when we said Windrunner we meant Alleria to bring peace with the Alliance - JESUS CHRIST why did you think we'd make Sylvanas Warchief?"

Vol'Jin's ghost - "OOOOOoohhhhh shazbot"
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    Vol'Jin - "The spirits have granted me clarity. A vision, they whisper a name. Many will not understand, but you must step out of the shadows and lead. You must be Warchief."

Spirts - "NO NO, dammit when we said Windrunner we meant Alleria to bring peace with the Alliance - JESUS CHRIST why did you think we'd make Sylvanas Warchief?"

Vol'Jin's ghost - "OOOOOoohhhhh shazbot"
    I would feel safer with Basic Campfire as Warchief than Alleria.

Its as stupid as questing as undead in dragonblight and being send to emerald dragonshrine, which is said to destroy all undead that try to enter. Somebody doesn't like us.
    No wonder Undead are so moody all the time. They get discriminated left and right.

I think Bwosamdi will warm up to them, he hasn't even met the best race has to offer, like Dumass for example.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeBogina View Post
    ahh ok, are the undead anything like forsaken/scourge?

Also is this just a generic fetch quest for those stones or is there more of a theme going on of him trying to gain power?
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    The "unbearable taint of the undead" sounds generic enough.
    It's a quest he gives at the temple, one of about 4 of them so it's more or less a generic "fetch" quest, yes. It's of note that he doesn't have different lines for Forsaken PC's, at least not yet, so YMMV as to the scope of it.
    "We're more of the love, blood, and rhetoric school. Well, we can do you blood and love without the rhetoric, and we can do you blood and rhetoric without the love, and we can do you all three concurrent or consecutive. But we can't give you love and rhetoric without the blood. Blood is compulsory. They're all blood, you see." ― Tom Stoppard, Rosencrantz and Guildenstern are Dead

Bwonsamdi has literally raised the dead to fight for him before. It was actually in his very first appearance, and he used them to take Zalazane. The Troll dead are his, so he doesn't like it when they're stolen from him. However, he's just fine with undead that work for him.

If you look at Bwonsamdi himself, and all the spirits that work for him, it's literally impossible for him to hate all undead. He is undead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Epic Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Bwonsamdi has literally raised the dead to fight for him before. It was actually in his very first appearance, and he used them to take Zalazane. The Troll dead are his, so he doesn't like it when they're stolen from him. However, he's just fine with undead that work for him.

If you look at Bwonsamdi himself, and all the spirits that work for him, it's literally impossible for him to hate all undead. He is undead.
    I would probably agree - Bwonsamdi in Nazmir is big on making deals, your entire interaction with him is foisted on a deal you make to send him the souls of a million Blood Trolls in exchange for his loyalty to your and Talanji's efforts - so he likely considers a Forsaken PC just fine because they're obviously on his side and willing to make a deal. The undead created by G'huun and his Faceless priests in Nazmir are opposed and actively trying to kill him - so he's no doubt antagonistic to them, especially since many of them are being made from the sacrifices previously offered to him that litter the grounds of his temple-complex.

I don't know if you would call Bwonsamdi undead himself, though - he's a spirit demigod, and his appearance is essentially a choice on his part.