Page 38 of 92 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    So our counter to Mag'har is McDonalds race.

Sethrak is only hope left.

Hope you guys will get them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post

I know people who want Sethrak don't want to hear this, and I hope I am wrong for their sakes, but the Sethrak model seems too far out of proportion for Blizzard to seriously consider making it a playable allied race.

They are like Naga in that regards. A desired race rendered impossible by their very bodies.

I always feel asking simple questions can help answer questions the devs haven't elaborated on.

Mine with Sethrak still stands.

If Sethrak were going to be playable, why did Blizzard give them those helm defying heads?

That doesn't mean I am going to argue they SHOULDN'T be an Allied race.

They do look awesome and it would be awesome if they were playable.

I am just stating why I do not believe it will come to pass.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2018-03-15 at 07:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post

I'm hopeful we our allied race counterpart to vulpera isn't the thin human models, I would actually quit playing Alliance side.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    I'm hopeful we our allied race counterpart to vulpera isn't the thin human models, I would actually quit playing Alliance side.
    It will be last nail in Alliance Allied Races coffin. ROFL.

They're so amazing I want them. I'd pay $100, don't care. I just want them playable.
    MAGA - Make Alliance Great Again

Quote Originally Posted by Obelisk Kai View Post
    I know people who want Sethrak don't want to hear this, and I hope I am wrong for their sakes, but the Sethrak model seems too far out of proportion for Blizzard to seriously consider making it a playable allied race.

They are like Naga in that regards. A desired race rendered impossible by their very bodies.

I always feel asking simple questions can help answer questions the devs haven't elaborated on.

Mine with Sethrak still stands.

If Sethrak were going to be playable, why did Blizzard give them those helm defying heads?

That doesn't mean I am going to argue they SHOULDN'T be an Allied race.

They do look awesome and it would be awesome if they were playable.

I am just stating why I do not believe it will come to pass.
    We keep coming back to that, but at this point we've pretty much discussed it's a non-issue, a lot of helmets can be distorted to fit a Sethrak's head, and yes it'll look bad, but look at a Tauren and Worgen in pretty much any headgear, they look goofy in 95% of them, so it'll be a small sacrifice.

The only ones I can see looking real funny would be mid-tier levelling gear that go around necks and gear with collars on them, but even then I wouldn't say that's a solid reason to say we wouldn't get them.

- - - Updated - - -

Something I didn't think about that could be a legitimate concern for Sethrak's playable future is Ophidiophobia, fear of snakes.

I have an acquaintance who I linked a Sethrak to to nerd out with him over and he freaked out, demanded I delete the image and wouldn't even entertain the thought, saying they'd probably drive him to quit WoW if they became playable in a situation he couldn't kill them (as an Alliance main).

I could, but really don't want to, see Blizz passing them up for playable for the sake of not putting one of the more common phobias in the game into player's faces.
    Last edited by Veluren; 2018-03-15 at 08:04 PM.

Surely more people are afraid of spiders, but they're all over the place. There's even a quest where you harvest their eggs off rotting, half-dead bears.

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Starling View Post
    Surely more people are afraid of spiders, but they're all over the place. There's even a quest where you harvest their eggs off rotting, half-dead bears.
    I've known friends who have extreme phobias to do model replacers, in WoW, Skyrim, GW2, ect. I could see replacing Sethrak with female Worgen, but Blizz may crack down on model replacers that alter PCs, over NPCs

Well, today's Q & A opens Sethrak up to everyone again. Neither Vulpera, nor Sethrak are currently intended as PC races, as the current planning goes, so we just have to see what all the storylines give us (Hell, Horde could help the Vulpera and be stabbed in the back for all we know). Hell, we could see other races being pulled out from different areas, like Arrakoa.

Yay! Let open speculation begin again!

Quote Originally Posted by Veluren View Post
    I've known friends who have extreme phobias to do model replacers, in WoW, Skyrim, GW2, ect. I could see replacing Sethrak with female Worgen, but Blizz may crack down on model replacers that alter PCs, over NPCs
    Eh, people have been model replacing for a good while without repercussion. It'll never be legal in the rules, but as long as there's no blatant advantage coming out of it, I don't think they'll crack down. Either way, I hope they don't compromise their artistic vision because a small minority of players are deathly afraid of snakes. They made a spider mount, even if it costs an exuberant amount of gold, and I imagine that's a far more common phobia.

Oh my god that's too much, aaaaa

Let's see some huge jiggling snake titties.
    Chicken fried rice is delicious!

Thinking about it more, the last thing I would want is for female sethrak to have breasts and other mammalian features. I think playing a reptile race should come with the experience of well, being a reptile.

Besides, think of how interesting Blizzard could make the sethrak birth/lifestyle. I don't know much about snakes, but it would be interesting if they were raised in hatcheries and taught combat from a little after they hatch. Argh, now I really want to see a baby sethrak!

Really, all animalistic races should be at least a little animal in behavior...
    But this is a world of magic and even in the real world just because something looks like a reptile doesn't mean it is one. The way I kinda see it is that most Wild Gods/Loa create humanoid races for a reason, if they wanted em to just lay eggs and eat shit they wouldn't have made em more Titan like. (I say Titan like because I assume they would be more opt to mimic them than the elves or humans.)

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    But this is a world of magic and even in the real world just because something looks like a reptile doesn't mean it is one. The way I kinda see it is that most Wild Gods/Loa create humanoid races for a reason, if they wanted em to just lay eggs and eat shit they wouldn't have made em more Titan like. (I say Titan like because I assume they would be more opt to mimic them than the elves or humans.)
    Worth mentioning there are Ovivaporous (Live birthing) snakes out in the wild, but no milk, they're born ready to hunt and the mother just ditches them.

Eggs or live though, it'd be easy to see them as a warriors-from-birth society.

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Wild Gods are animals that were empowered by Freya, despite being sapient, I see no reason why they would not want to endow their "children" with their same animalistic characteristics.

Wild Gods are animals that were empowered by Freya, despite being sapient, I see no reason why they would not want to endow their "children" with their same animalistic characteristics.
    They look like animals tho not animal human hybrids. Well most are.

Can't see them being a Alliance ally with the lore they have so far. Unless Blizz do a "they was human in snake form this whole time" setup.
    Allies Race Wishlist: ALLIANCE: Tuskarr and Vrykul HORDE: Gnoll and Mok'Nathal
    New Class Wishlist: Blademaster, Tinker, Necromancer, Bard

Quote Originally Posted by The BrewCity Monk View Post
    Can't see them being a Alliance ally with the lore they have so far. Unless Blizz do a "they was human in snake form this whole time" setup.
    There's wiggle room unless you've found broadcast text that hasn't been posted yet.

Quote Originally Posted by sweatshopkids View Post
    Let's see some huge jiggling snake titties.
    Venom sacks....but same placement.