Page 9 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post
    I am wondering about those whinging and QQing about the possibility of Master Looter being removed, are just bummed that they will no longer be able to Ninja loot and bail..
    I'm wondering if you've ever been in a serious guild in your life

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    ML is guild only, you have way bigger issues then the ML/PL debate if your ML is "ninja looting and bailing"
    Which has happened to me a couple of times when I went into a pug raid, killed Blast Furnace in Blackrock Foundry, tier item for hunters drops ML (ML is a hunter also) says roll we roll another hunter in the group wins the roll but does not receive the item because the ML took the item for themselves and leaves the raid..

There is nothing wrong with Personal Loot, and if the item is no good to you and you are able to you can trade it to someone else.. The main problem with ML is that you waste time rolling and giving out loot which could be better spent making your way to the next boss.. The other good thing about PL is that there is less drama when it comes to loot..

Don't care about it for normal raiding. I do care about it for older content, though.

Which has happened to me a couple of times when I went into a pug raid, killed Blast Furnace in Blackrock Foundry, tier item for hunters drops ML (ML is a hunter also) says roll we roll another hunter in the group wins the roll but does not receive the item because the ML took the item for themselves and leaves the raid..

There is nothing wrong with Personal Loot, and if the item is no good to you and you are able to you can trade it to someone else.. The main problem with ML is that you waste time rolling and giving out loot which could be better spent making your way to the next boss.. The other good thing about PL is that there is less drama when it comes to loot..
    Which can't happen anymore... it's a non-issue. PL ruins raiding for me, and other people, and there's really zero good reason to remove it from guilds choice.

My guild uses master loot and bids so the people who have been raiding longer has a better shot a WF/TF gear. If the leave the forging as is or close to it you'll see a need for master loot.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Which can't happen anymore... it's a non-issue. PL ruins raiding for me, and other people, and there's really zero good reason to remove it from guilds choice.
    Well if PL ruins raiding for you then all you were doing raiding for was just for the loot and nothing else.. The whole point of raiding was to band together with friends/family/guildies and rise to the challenge of downing a boss or three.. As soon as you make it about just for the loot then you may as well stop raiding, quit the game and go do something else..

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darleth View Post
    Its not just death to split raids (which there would probably be easier ways to balance that)... its basically fucking people over who are having bad luck most of the time with getting gear.

Thinking about in this way: Player A comes to every raid, doesnt get jack shit because Persoloot oh LULZ, Person B is there every 2 or 3 weeks because he has to work a lot or whatever and he gets lucky a lot of times; boom, he is probably one of the best geared players in your raid just thanks to pure luck. It's going to be a fucking nightmare for raids that actually want to progress (outside of the World top 10 realm that is).

Personal loot for raiding guilds is basically super shit. Also his reasoning for "Lootmaster is used because of tier mostly" is bullshit because tier sets dont exist anymore, while other things like weapons (which are coming back mind you) and trinkets are also always heavily rolled for in a raid.
    Um do you even know a damn thing about personal loot? Loot obtained from bonus rolls is NOT tradeable but loot obtained from every other source is tradeable INCLUDING personal loot.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomzy View Post
    It's harder to down that boss when the person you just recruited won the trinket off a boss and then gquit instead of it dropping and you being able to give it to someone that would actually stay and help the guild progress.

This is why master loot and loot council are things and why the highest end guilds use them. PL would make sense if everyone was raiding casually, but they aren't. People are investing 9+ hours a week and they and their guilds should have the final say over where their hard work goes.
    Well you can't stop people from being tools, but the the problem is that all modes of loot distribution have their own problems that does not affect someone in some way.. In my guild we tried ML but we dumped it in favour of Need/Greed, to get moving through the raid faster, but even then that mode has its issues as well..
    Last edited by grexly75; 2018-03-16 at 03:33 AM.

Well if PL ruins raiding for you then all you were doing raiding for was just for the loot and nothing else.. The whole point of raiding was to band together with friends/family/guildies and rise to the challenge of downing a boss or three.. As soon as you make it about just for the loot then you may as well stop raiding, quit the game and go do something else..
    People raid for different reasons, it's an RPG... I've raided 13 years mostly for loot and the character progression it brings.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Um do you even know a damn thing about personal loot? Loot obtained from bonus rolls is NOT tradeable but loot obtained from every other source is tradeable INCLUDING personal loot.
    If it's even a 1 ilvl upgrade the system tags it as untradeable, even if the stats are shit.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Again if you are a casual player, which anyone who is using Need/Greed is, then the loot system doesn't matter, but when you raid for progression it does.
    We raid for progression, but we found Need/Greed better, still made loot tradeable and a lot less fuss..

10+ Year Old Account
    They aren't going to remove ML at any point. Could they possibly give even more benefit to PL, maybe, but they won't remove ML as it would be bad publicity. I feel there are merits to both systems, and no matter how optimized there will also be flaws. However, they aren't going to remove the choice at any point, because that would be a terrible business decision.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

There are mythic guilds out there who do strictly personal loot only and have been since the inception of personal loot system.

They don't have loot drama. At all. Multiple ppl wanted same item that someone doesn't need? Roll, end of story.

Several guilds I've been in have lost people due to loot rage. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I don't care about the system because tier tokens are gonna be gone and that was the major reason teams still do Master Loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Noah37 View Post
    They aren't going to remove ML at any point. Could they possibly give even more benefit to PL, maybe, but they won't remove ML as it would be bad publicity. I feel there are merits to both systems, and no matter how optimized there will also be flaws. However, they aren't going to remove the choice at any point, because that would be a terrible business decision.
    The way he said it was about as definitive as it gets without saying "we're removing masterloot", that's why it's important to get your thoughts out so they don't

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Weeps View Post
    There are mythic guilds out there who do strictly personal loot only and have been since the inception of personal loot system.

They don't have loot drama. At all. Multiple ppl wanted same item that someone doesn't need? Roll, end of story.

Several guilds I've been in have lost people due to loot rage. I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one.

I don't care about the system because tier tokens are gonna be gone and that was the major reason teams still do Master Loot.
    I think that was what the main reason for ML was because of tier gear/tokens, but as you said with them gone the main reason for ML is somewhat lessened..

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Except when it is an ilev upgrade. There are lots of times where item drops with higher ilev than you have but is totally useless, either it has the wrong stats or is just a bad/situational trinket for example. With forced personal loot you are unable to trade it and theres nothing you can do to prevent it.

In Legion this isn't a big deal since there are legendaries for nearly all slots, which covers this massive weakness in the personal loot system because it means you can trade any item that drops in a slot you have a legendary in. But come BFA this obviously wont happen so it will become a lot more prevelant.

The thing is ML now is only in guild groups so people that don't like ML just don't join those guilds that run it. I dislike how blizz is changing something just because the top 0.1% of guilds abuse it, why should such a small minority of players playing the way they want, affect so many others who prefer ML.

Yeah that's not true at all...

Idk where the fuck Ion got the idea that people only used ML because of tier but that's a super ignorant perception.
    I would image it is true from his perspective and experience and not true from yours. Both are likely pretty valid. I have been in the same guild since BC so truth be told I could care less.

But talking straight here the only reason someone would be firmly outraged by a change like this would be because somehow they get an advantage from it and then in return others become disadvantaged. Other wise it honestly wouldn't matter.

10+ Year Old Account
    PL = more overall loot, and the ability to get it to the right people. That means a larger potential per boss kill to increase the overall effectiveness of your raid. If you have stingy people in your raid that would rather increase their throughput by small percentages rather than increase the raid as a whole via large ones, then get better people for your raid.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    PL = and the ability to get it to the right people.
    What? That is literally the opposite of PL, 1 ilvl upgrade but shit for you? Untradeable.

Master loot may be good thing for guild that are focusing on world top rank or realm first. but rest guild which makes majority(guild that cannot get CE before next tier release) it is a cancer. Their are some guild which uses ML is correct and fair manner but most of ML system in guild is unfair and close friends comes first in making loot distribution decision
    Personal loot will just remove loot distribution drama.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    PL = more overall loot, and the ability to get it to the right people. That means a larger potential per boss kill to increase the overall effectiveness of your raid. If you have stingy people in your raid that would rather increase their throughput by small percentages rather than increase the raid as a whole via large ones, then get better people for your raid.
    ML = better chance of not wasting an item drop because its poorly itemized for the player it dropped for but is 5ilvls higher so it can't be traded.

"If you have stingy people ... get better people..." you do realize that for some guilds and realms it's incredibly hard to recruit players right? You just want them to keep ditching players that don't want to trade their loot drop?

If they ease up on the trade restriction or remove it completely most of the problem will be eliminated but it will still have its flaws.