Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    No its bullshit
    the fact that exalted didnt have a base mount, and paragon an epic version, was utter bullshit
    the fact that they said they were going to look at it, and then didnt, was a lie and horseshit

The paragon caches are fine, they do precisely what they should. Give you some reason to give even half a shit about rep once exalted, mounts being in them is also fine. I farmed for years for some of the mounts I have and these are a higher drop chance, so I see no problem.

And I'm probably one of the most negative Blizz jaded pricks you'll find.
    Last edited by FertsBlert; 2018-03-15 at 03:36 AM.
    When I was younger I used to hope bad things wouldn't happen.
    Now I just hope they're at least funny when they do.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Mounts and toys ARE a bonus.
    Not really, they can be only acquired through caches.

Cosmetics aren't a bonus in today's game. Many of us are collectors because they're the only permanent way to improve our characters, with gear being reset every tier and currencies rendered obsolete every expansion.

I don't particularly care about gear, garrison resources, artifact power, or azerite as I know all those things will be going away soon enough. I do care about mounts, primarily, and toys/transmog/pets secondarily. Just how I play the game, YMMV.

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    Not really, they can be only acquired through caches.
    Right, which is a bonus. I'm lost on how a cache isn't a bonus when it has a mount in it. You don't need the mount.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Schizoide View Post
    Cosmetics aren't a bonus in today's game. Many of us are collectors because they're the only permanent way to improve our characters, with gear being reset every tier and currencies rendered obsolete every expansion.

I don't particularly care about gear, garrison resources, artifact power, or azerite as I know all those things will be going away soon enough. I do care about mounts, primarily, and toys/transmog/pets secondarily. Just how I play the game, YMMV.
    Oh please half of the mounts people collect they don't even use if not more than half. Most people use 2-5 mounts and if there was an actual survey of mounts used, a lot of them would coincide with the small exception of rarer ones which of course people use more due to the rarity. Which plays into why these are a bonus in that the rarity factor makes them more desirable to use for some people.

Right, which is a bonus. I'm lost on how a cache isn't a bonus when it has a mount in it. You don't need the mount.
    By items being a bonus I meant that it can be acquired from the other sources. For example - materials/gold/blood of sargeras/resources for the order hall etc.

Actually your argument is kinda nonsencial. You can say the same thing about everything.

Oh please half of the mounts people collect they don't even use if not more than half. Most people use 2-5 mounts and if there was an actual survey of mounts used, a lot of them would coincide with the small exception of rarer ones which of course people use more due to the rarity. Which plays into why these are a bonus in that the rarity factor makes them more desirable to use for some people.
    I enjoyed how you chose to reply to a post ending "Just how I play the game, YMMV."

I don't get why this is an issue?

It's just a nice extra you can get once you reach exalted vs getting nothing at all.

Since when is getting nothing better?

Only problem I have with the current iteration is that the Legion reputations were very lacking to begin with. If they all had a mount at exalted to begin with and a second mount from the paragon cache (armored version or whatever), it would have been more tolerable.

Also, why does Argussian Reach even have a paragon cache? Potentially having a few additional traits while leveling is so meaningless when any semi-decent AP token is enough to get you all of the basic traits as soon as you reach 110? I guess it has it's uses for twink characters that stay at 101.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    Also, why does Argussian Reach even have a paragon cache? Potentially having a few additional traits while leveling is so meaningless when any semi-decent AP token is enough to get you all of the basic traits as soon as you reach 110? I guess it has it's uses for twink characters that stay at 101.
    If I had my druthers, all the paragon caches would be like Argussian Reach. No mounts/pets/toys, just artifact power/azerite, gold, rare crafting mats, and consumables. At that point they would no longer feel mandatory to do, they'd just be little bonuses for continuing to gain rep past exalted, no biggie.

No, I hate them. One of the reasons I'm getting fed up with the game. It is already grindy enough.
    Yes, because of the mounts + toys. Couldn't care less about the other rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    I don't get why this is an issue?

It's just a nice extra you can get once you reach exalted vs getting nothing at all.

Since when is getting nothing better?
    Because you're not a collector, you don't understand.

5+ Year Old Account
    No. Seriously !@#$ that $%&@. Like, for real /roar

Quote Originally Posted by Eazy View Post
    They're nice bonus, but having mounts/toys as a reward is just pure blasphemy.

They should give gold/resources/materials/just some bonus items that you can already acquire from other sources.

They should be treated as BONUS.
    Or at least a constant drop coin if they want mounts in there. I've pretty much gave up on the Storm drake and I farmed rep for that on like 9 toons.
    Me thinks Chromie has a whole lot of splaining to do!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    If they insist on paragon systems I think it should be like PvP, where the rewards are stationed at certain predictable paragon levels you get by building rep. Successfully reach paragon level 5 or 10 or whatever with the Valarjar, get their mount. Stuff like that.
    God, I hope this is meant as sarcasm.

Back to the point, then NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. Fair enough for bonus mats, currencies, resources, etc. But no mounts/toys/any other conceivable collectible.

Add bad luck protection on them and I'm game for another round. Something like 15 court boxes and still no hippogryph.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by KrakinTauren View Post
    God, I hope this is meant as sarcasm.
    What I proposed is a perfectly fine system.

If you just make currencies and resources the reward no one does them. Mounts are the most solid incentive.
    Last edited by Kaleredar; 2018-03-16 at 06:24 AM.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

I think, they'll used everywhere since now, as justifying endless rep grind - is Holy Graal for Blizzard.

I don't care about Wow 11.0, if it's not solo-MMO. No half-measures - just perfect xpack.

15+ Year Old Account
    Things like this are good when you don't pay any attention to it, then one day you're like, "oh, I have an extra box" then you click it and the flying carpet pops out.
    I'm not a vanity collector, so I maybe have one or two good mounts, so this made me really happy.

Sure, I guess you're going to be unhappy if you're opposite of that.

It's something to do. Cry about something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    It's something to do. Cry about something else.
    Sure, because grinding reputation is the most interesting thing you could ever do in this game.