Page 1 of 12
... LastLast
    15+ Year Old Account

Officer Involved Shooting (again)

Recently there was an officer involved shooting close to use that has got the communtiy riled up over it. THIS is the video of what went down. I'm not saying that this guy was without fault or fully innocent because he wasn't. He was most likely high on PCP or meth, he ran from the officer, he ran after being tazed, he assaulted the officer, he fought with the two officers after he was maced, and he grabbed the one officer's baton after the officer took it out. However he did not deserve to be shot.

MMO-Champ doesn't like Facebook videos so here's the direct link to it on Facebook

Erm...

Kinda reminds me of Walter Scott.

That's... that's really bad and really unnecessary. Man.

Even though the video goes out of focus and a vehicle momentarily blocks the view, you can see that he was a decent distance away from the officers and did not seem to have a weapon.

I guess it's a bit different because he was combative, and maybe I'm jumping the gun, but I just think in general that officers use deadly force too quickly.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am not a cop boot licker, but having watched what I watched, YEAHHHH!!! You can't swing and cops or decide you want to fist to cuffs, that isn't what they are there for. One of the cops even tried to taz him. I would agree that they could have waited until backup arrived as the mouthy one holding the camera was shouting about, but again that isn't what they do.

This man was not cooperating, and if he he had some medical condition, the cops had no way of knowing that, again this is only going by what is in the video, maybe he was high on PCP or Meth, but then that was his choice. If he had a medical condition, then perhaps this could have been handled a different way, but without knowing what they knew.

All I can say is this was a terrible incident, at least until we know more, the cops did what they were supposed to do.
    Milli Vanilli, Bigger than Elvis

Play stupid games win stupid prizes. Dude could've stopped at any point but no. Got what he deserved.

I cannot expect change until police officers are held accountable. Most people agree it is out of control. But those same people elect the same judges that bail the cop out of responsibility every time. Mostly boils down to R vs D team rah rah instead of actually understanding the issues. It is a big problem. But I until it changes this is all we can expect.

He got what he deserved. As soon as he took the cops baton, he was no longer un-armed. they gave him PLENTY of chances to stand down.

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    He got what he deserved. As soon as he took the cops baton, he was no longer un-armed. they gave him PLENTY of chances to stand down.
    Do you have to put bullets into a guy who took a baton?

Quote Originally Posted by Dacien View Post
    Do you have to put bullets into a guy who took a baton?
    Doesn't really matter what you have to do, armed, violent suspect who has already attacked the police. Justified.

Even though the video goes out of focus and a vehicle momentarily blocks the view, you can see that he was a decent distance away from the officers and did not seem to have a weapon.
    no, he did have a weapon. after the cop swung at him, he snatched the baton/club and he was close to and moving close to the cop with it. it clearly showed he was violent with the cop already, he now had one of the officer's weapons and he had it coming.

Doesn't really matter what you have to do, armed, violent suspect who has already attacked the police. Justified.
    Keep distance, call for backup, keep the suspect contained. You don't need to shoot him to death. That's, like, using a jackhammer to hit a nail.

If he charged the officer, wielding the baton, okay, more leeway, but I guess we don't know for sure. Like I said, maybe I'm jumping the gun, but man, bullets in response to a baton? And there's two officers with more on the way?

I just can't accept that outcome.

Keep distance, call for backup, keep the suspect contained. You don't need to shoot him to death. That's, like, using a jackhammer to install a nail.
    All lengthen the potential danger, for no real purpose. For all intents and purposes this guy suicided.

10+ Year Old Account
    He didn't get what he deserved, he got shot because he took a swing at a cop. Without knowing anything more than you saw, how the hell could you know if that is what he deserved?

15+ Year Old Account
    At the point the second officer showed up, there was still one more taser that could have been used. Yes he was armed for a few seconds before they opened fire on him but it was a damn baton not a gun. They immediately opened fire on him when he took the baton. Non-lethal force could have still been used but they decided to open fire on him instead.

Quote Originally Posted by X Amadeus X View Post
    He didn't get what he deserved, he got shot because he took a swing at a cop. Without knowing anything more than you saw, how the hell could you know if that is what he deserved?
    You take a swing on cops and steal their weapons, you're literally asking to be shot.

10+ Year Old Account
    All lengthen the potential danger, for no real purpose. For all intents and purposes this guy suicided.
    Or he could be mentally disturbed, or he could have been being arrested for something as innocent as walking down the street. I think you can say the cops did what they needed to, without pronouncing that the person fucking dead deserved to die. Especially absent of all the facts.

Were those two cops at risk of dying to a baton attack?

salute the cop.

you did the right thing

Hit in the right place by a guy flying on adrenaline? It could absolutely be a lethal weapon

yes, considering he was already violent, a good swing on that cop and he could snatch that officer's gun and BOOM, both officers could be dead because they were too reluctant to use their guns if they were trying to arrest him the way you are thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    At the point the second officer showed up, there was still one more taser that could have been used. Yes he was armed for a few seconds before they opened fire on him but it was a damn baton not a gun. They immediately opened fire on him when he took the baton. Non-lethal force could have still been used but they decided to open fire on him instead.
    Way too fast with the guns, it's ridiculous.