Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Brazorf View Post
    True but they could have used the purifier instead anyway. Even the allied Commander in SC2 is called Fenix as another poster pointed out, so using that as a template for heroes wasn't outside the realm of possibilities
    that was mainly for the sake of simplicity.

Depending on what they do with Fenix, Talandar could end up being either his own hero or a skin.

Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    Eventually dead zealots return as well as Immortals, at least that's in SC2 but nvm.

Now give us Draenei alike skin for Fenix!
    The lore behind Immortals is that the facility that created the Dragoon was lost when the zerg took Aiur. So they had to redo the whole thing, and decided to change up the design in memory of what was lost.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nerraw View Post
    The lore behind Immortals is that the facility that created the Dragoon was lost when the zerg took Aiur. So they had to redo the whole thing, and decided to change up the design in memory of what was lost.
    Well... In fact in LOTV campaign we can have both Dragoons and Immortals thanks to Spear of Adun aka Spear of Anoob. xD

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tenjen View Post
    that was mainly for the sake of simplicity.

Depending on what they do with Fenix, Talandar could end up being either his own hero or a skin.
    I'm well aware of that but it's ok let's just be happy that we got our dragoon!

Quote Originally Posted by tristannarutofan View Post
    i think its more likely that it will be that like Leoric he doestn really die.

that while his body/mech repairs or w/e that he can either attack the enemy weakly or rez quickly.

its probably something more unique from DVA and Leoric but i think something like that is MUCH more likely than him being a zealot at any moment
    No, Fenix never died until Kerrigan's betrayal of him and Duke. He's basically a war veteran given a second chance with a mechanical body, so I highly doubt there will be rez shenanigans.
    "It's 2013 and I still view the internet on a 560x192 resolution monitor!"

Looks friggin fun
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Goddammnnnnn the death animation is on-point.

Bravo, Blizzard.

Deleted
    Looks like Zul'jin with some mobility. For me basically the last missing named character I cared for. The paraphrased 'synergizes with Chen and countered by Tracer' from the video is nothing but a provocation without balance changes. Still, will spend 15k gold if he's OP...

Its wonderful to see the dragoon death animation from sc1 back. Really missed that in sc2

10+ Year Old Account
    I won't be really playing him as I just don't like to play range, but I think he will make a noticeable impact on meta.

The hero seems to have good damage, range and on top of that survivability. I think he will be able to play that frontline Valla style without double support which will be huge. However we have to see the actual numbers first, his kit overall seems fine though.

10+ Year Old Account
    I wonder now only if on HGC he will be picked, since as solo laner he may got huge impact in whole match. But people saying he is mobile hero, while is not. Only warp can help him to escape nothing more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DesoPL View Post
    I wonder now only if on HGC he will be picked, since as solo laner he may got huge impact in whole match. But people saying he is mobile hero, while is not. Only warp can help him to escape nothing more.
    What the..?

Sure he is not as mobile as Genji or Tracer, but his mobility seems to be on par with Valla or Li-Ming for example while being fairly tanky in comparison.

Regarding the solo lane, he seems like a hyper carry style Hero and putting him into solo lane just doesn't seem like the best idea as you will be missing a lot in your 4-man. I mean, he might be able to do it but that does not mean it is the best reason to draft him for.

If he can solo lane, we have a reliable counter for Sonya, which was probably overdue. Can't wait to see some ridiculous combo with him and Maiev where hey should annihilate the enemy team. Definitly a great hero to combo with Arthas aswell.

His skin looks pretty great too. I like having non techy alternatives.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ophion1990 View Post
    If he can solo lane, we have a reliable counter for Sonya, which was probably overdue.
    It won't happen, Sonya heals herself while clearing a wave and I don't see Fenix having a fast wave clear nor interrupt.

Quote Originally Posted by RH92 View Post
    It won't happen, Sonya heals herself while clearing a wave and I don't see Fenix having a fast wave clear nor interrupt.
    Depends on how high his AA damage is. If he can clear the 4 backline minions (mage and archers) he should be fine. Sonya heals but she gets poked forever, even with increased range for Fenix. That said, I don't know what his range or attack speed will be(I think it's around 0.9 for the aoe one, maybe 2 for the other). Tough as Nails will definitly be strong against Fenix but shouldn't allow her to outheal AA poke + possible Q damage. He also has his shield to deal with Sonya's spear.

I'm not saying he'll be a Braxxis pick but I can see it work on Sky Temple or Dragon Shire.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how high his AA damage is. If he can clear the 4 backline minions (mage and archers) he should be fine. Sonya heals but she gets poked forever, even with increased range for Fenix. That said, I don't know what his range or attack speed will be(I think it's around 0.9 for the aoe one, maybe 2 for the other). Tough as Nails will definitly be strong against Fenix but shouldn't allow her to outheal AA poke + possible Q damage. He also has his shield to deal with Sonya's spear.

I'm not saying he'll be a Braxxis pick but I can see it work on Sky Temple or Dragon Shire.
    As I said earlier, if you are picking your Hyper Carry to solo lane, you are simply asking for a trouble.

For a solo lane you want a Hero that is pretty difficult to gank. Even though Fenix might be slightly tankier than your usual ranged Hero, his mobility is slightly unreliable due the cast time and he still has no self-sustain.

You definitely don't want to pick him as solo laner on Sky Temple or Dragon Shire. The guy just can't stand and bang on a point control map.

He needs absolutely broken damage in order to do that and if he happens to be extremely overtuned, you are still better with him in 4-man.

On a different note, the Hero is a free kill to any team with Varian after level 13.

As I said earlier, if you are picking your Hyper Carry to solo lane, you are simply asking for a trouble.

For a solo lane you want a Hero that is pretty difficult to gank. Even though Fenix might be slightly tankier than your usual ranged Hero, his mobility is slightly unreliable due the cast time and he still has no self-sustain.

You definitely don't want to pick him as solo laner on Sky Temple or Dragon Shire. The guy just can't stand and bang on a point control map.

He needs absolutely broken damage in order to do that and if he happens to be extremely overtuned, you are still better with him in 4-man.
    You might be right on ST and DS, I still think having someone who can bully the enemy top laner out of the lane is highly valueable, though. Granted that Fenix doesn't have the best clear for the guardians, so you might have to swap for Temple phase either way, IDK. I had Greymane in mind when I thought about Fenix in the solo lane but I guess that won't happen in those 2 maps either way. We'll see how he turns out. I definitly think he's safe enough, though, extra range and a teleport in addition to the shield. Granted that a good enemy gank attempt will still force him to B because he can't heal, I guess (unless they give him a talent for it). If he turns out to just be another flavor of ranged assassin I'll be pretty dissapointed.

On a different note, the Hero is a free kill to any team with Varian after level 13.
    Tracer does just fine, even though she's weak to Taunt. Let's just be happy they cut that absurd Hanzo talent.

The Patient
    7+ Year Old Account
    I might be too optimistic but i can see some fun synergy between him, Murky and Ana, possibly combined with a Nova and/or Artanis. Murky splitpushing with Octograb and Planet Cracker from Fenix to assist, shutting down anyone but warriors from dealing with Murky.

I hope Fenix can become a solid ranged auto attacker, the pool feels a bit weak atm with too many niche/immobile options.

That laser ult seems a bit overtuned , It will see some crazy plays with Zarya and ETC's ultimate
    2Pac Forever !