Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    No matter if FFXIV was remade, it was a major success on consoles. So was TESO. I believe WoW would be an even bigger success on consoles.

And to be frank, being able to play WoW natively with a controler would be really great. You know, games dont need many keybinds to be challenging.
    No, but RPGs suffer if they are dumbed down to 3 spells and not just gameplay wise, even immserion. And while it works kinda in FFXIV, playing classes which have more things to press in their standard rotaion quickly become annoying, especially after Heaven's Ward - not to mention that due to the total scaling in oder dungeons having some outdated skills on your bars of often neccessary as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been using consoleport for ages myself. Honestly i think blizz needs to hire this guy and make it an official feature

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    Bellular is trying very hard to make people enjoy the new leveling system. It's a bit offtopic, but I consider his whole "7.3.5 leveling is so great" crusade quite pathetic. Rose tinted glasses and fanboyism at the very least, geting paid to spout this bullshit at worst. Which one it really is I do not know, but if the guy literally sees nothing wrong at all with the new system something is wrong.

As for the issue of the controller usage in wow alone....just why? K+m controls are so much more reliable, comfortable and offer so much more options. The are games better played with controllers, MMOs are not such games. What's next? Playing wow with wiimotes?
    Ffxiv(which the consoleport mod uses as a base) does it and works GREAT

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by SirCowdog View Post
    I'm actually kind of interested to see how this plays. I'm a pretty hardcore PC-master race type of person, but I can see the appeal of using a controller, so long as it serves with enough buttons. Most wow classes use less buttons these days anyway, so I think it could work. I'm just curious as to how well it holds up under dungeon runs, or PVP, or other areas of higher performance.
    Try it out i say. Consoleports easy enough to install and uses the ffxiv setup/crosshotbar as a base design.

It can cover every keybind and more

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post
    Been using consoleport for ages myself. Honestly i think blizz needs to hire this guy and make it an official feature

- - - Updated - - -

Ffxiv(which the consoleport mod uses as a base) does it and works GREAT
    I definitely think official controller support (and accompanying UI when used) should be made a feature too. It's a viable way to play and more people would make use of the option if it was easily presented in the game. The more ways to play a game, the better, imo.

Elemental Lord
    7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by grexly75 View Post

Not sure this has been talked about before, if not here we go.. Well I came across another BelluarGaming video, and well someone has done it someone has made an program/addon called WoWMapper and ConsolePort that allows you to use a console controller to play the game..

With this being released it could set a precedence and show Blizzard that it is quite plausible for WoW to be ported to consoles, which I am not entirely sure myself but who knows.. But it does make one wonder but for those curious one concern would be what looks like having to have WoWMapper running in the background for this to work and well we all know it is never wise to do that..
    pretty sure the British streamer Kaif was doing this back in Tomb. this is hardly new

Deleted
    For a melee class, this could be pretty fun and might work better than a cluncky keyboard and mouse.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by The One Percent View Post
    It was that same stupid fucking design decision that was one of the factors that ruined Diablo 3. Sacrificed all depth and complexity so you can play it on a fucking controller. Didn't even feel like Diablo anymore.
    Future ref that was more blizz being dumb then anything to do with consoles.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    No, but RPGs suffer if they are dumbed down to 3 spells and not just gameplay wise, even immserion. And while it works kinda in FFXIV, playing classes which have more things to press in their standard rotaion quickly become annoying, especially after Heaven's Ward - not to mention that due to the total scaling in oder dungeons having some outdated skills on your bars of often neccessary as well.
    Agreed on dumbed down rpgs. Buut you don't have to sacrifice much if anything for console play. It is more about how so many companies are going for the casual/action only/fps type of gamer. Not the spends hours on end in a fantasy world kind of gamer.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Deruyter View Post
    For a melee class, this could be pretty fun and might work better than a cluncky keyboard and mouse.
    Works really well as a caster too honestly. Mines setup so l2 and tapping l1 swap targets just as if i hit tab makes multidotting or retarging fast and easy

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by user93d View Post
    Worth mentioning this has been possible for a while now. There's a guy called Apoxiosis who developed this approach some time ago, he's unable to use his hands and now plays better than most able-bodied raiders.
    Ahh k thing was I never kept track of anything like this so when I saw it I thought cool..

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    Want to see how it would work go take a look at Final Fantasy XIV on a controller. With the right UI design you can map a crap ton of ability's to a controller.
    Right.. and... I wouldn't mind seeing it work in WoW. I am trying to figure out what you are trying to say to me.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No criticism meant, Bellular obviously has a very high profile so 99.9% of people would find out about this through him, just thought it was an interesting addition to the conversation.
    Not a problem, I find it interesting how in the vid he seemed to enjoy the setup, I wouldn't as being in action cam mode would get a bit meh after a while..

Deleted
    No criticism meant, Bellular obviously has a very high profile so 99.9% of people would find out about this through him, just thought it was an interesting addition to the conversation.
    It would be nice if he would use his high profile to show off more high level play with a controller. He mostly just seems to show casual leveling type stuff, which just furthers the idea that controllers can't do much else.

I played with a xbox one controller for 8/10M nighthold, and while i can say my dps was fine, thr only issues i saw for it was healing or any ability that uses the reticle circle. I could heal 5 mans fine, but the targetting circle was pretty big and it affected movement, so i dont see it being viable for raiding competitvrly. I also found that heroic leap and other reticle abilities to be alot less reliable for movement, although it was possible to use, very hard to aim.

and 11 years ago we had this:

Quote Originally Posted by Buildapanda View Post
    I've raided mythic with an xbox 360 controller for over 5 years on my mistweaver and have done fine.
    No you haven't.

Inb4 this is shut down by Blizzard because of third-party software and API calls that Blizzard doesn't want you to actually use (See: That AR Addon).

TLDR: Inb4 Blizzard shuts down because they don't want fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    What do you think the massive prune and "streamlining" served to? Not in vain Celestalon talked about playing WoW in a tablet, they must have been doing (or attempting, at least) that internally for quite some time.
    There's never going to be any interest in a console WoW. The expense of making a console-ready version of the shitty 15+ years old engine alone is probably enough to deter Blizzard from ever doing it.

Also FFXIV has generally more skills per class than WoW but is playable on console, so that's hardly a good argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    been done for years, I remember seeing a guy even use a steering wheel for racing games to play wow...

Back in WotLK I used my Xbox controller to raid Icecrown as a Fury warrior. It worked quite well with the use of some cast sequence macros. I suppose now with the amount of pruning it's even easier to do so.

Quote Originally Posted by Sorrior View Post

Agreed on dumbed down rpgs. Buut you don't have to sacrifice much if anything for console play. It is more about how so many companies are going for the casual/action only/fps type of gamer. Not the spends hours on end in a fantasy world kind of gamer.
    Even though a mouse and keyboard can easily be supported by a console, especially these days, it's still heavily frowned upon and no one releases a game that way. Console play is synonymous with controller and will always be vastly different. Wow eating disk space like crazy is also something that probably would annoy alot of people, how big is it these days? Did it already exceed the 100gb?

Quote Originally Posted by Pawstruck View Post
    Yes it's been talked about a lot.

It's cool.

I do it when questing, not raiding.

You sacrifice min-maxing for the comfort of playing while reclining, laying down, whatever.

...We done here?
    Yeah, you've never needed more than like 8-10 buttons or some macro's to do your core rotation. Obviously having a full mouse and keyboard gives you ability to do everything your class does. Yet there are people who seem to think it's some kind of death knell for the game that it can be done with a controller at all. It's quite silly.
    The most difficult thing to do is accept that there is nothing wrong with things you don't like and accept that people can like things you don't.

Quote Originally Posted by Haidaes View Post
    Even though a mouse and keyboard can easily be supported by a console, especially these days, it's still heavily frowned upon and no one releases a game that way. Console play is synonymous with controller and will always be vastly different. Wow eating disk space like crazy is also something that probably would annoy alot of people, how big is it these days? Did it already exceed the 100gb?
    Disagree. Plenty of games both MMORPG and not that genre on consoles.

BDO (soon), Tera (beta), FF14, ESO, Neverwinter, Smite, Paladins, Skyforge, Warframe, Marvel Heroes (shutdown now sadly), DC Universe, Planetside 2 and so on.

Also WoW says 43 GB for me. That's nothing compared to some single player games on console that eat up disk space. FF15 is single player and that is about 10-20% of a PS4s disk space.