Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

WoW needs a different direction, the old one is boring.

You level up
    Gear up
    Do raids or PvP. - Pretty much the whole core of Wow since 2004.

Leveling process of each new expansion is the same, you do quests, finish a zone go to a different one and repeat til you reach max level. This is now boring. Majority of the players don’t even read quest text and rush through the leveling content as quickly as possible. The fact that people rush through leveling content needs to be adressed and changed.
    I’ll admit, bonus objectives and chests were fun when they got introduced in WoD, but the rewards they give is just bad and this repeated in Legion.

Back in the ol’ days gearing was the most fun part of this game, now its so easy to get gear that created a mindset of "*sigh* lets get this over with" I believe this mindset developed over time. Gearing up was the staple of Wow’s experience, but it continued for many years and I think it needs to change. The cycle of repetition caused this mindset.

Raiding / PVP was always the end game, why not introduce something different? Do you guys ever wonder why subs are declining since cata? Well some left because the hardcore crowed hated the casual changes, but the problem is that even if this game is all time casual, casual players are still qutting the game, so making the game even more casual will not change attraction of the audience.

The core philosophy of WoW needs to change, because what worked in 2004 will not work now. God Of War is coming out in a month or two and seeing by the interviews etc, they changed quite a bit,almost a different game, but the story is the
    same. Companies are adapting to the 2018 audience and thats how a game will be a successful.

10+ Year Old Account
    I find it enjoyable still, as does many others.

How about you just quit or take a break for a while and find something you actually enjoy
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    The core philosophy of WoW needs to change, because what worked in 2004 will not work now. God Of War is coming out in a month or two and seeing by the interviews etc, they changed quite a bit,almost a different game, but the story is the
    same. Companies are adapting to the 2018 audience and thats how a game will be a successful.
    How can you compare an MMO with a single player, action adventure story based game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nutri View Post
    How can you compare an MMO with a single player, action adventure story based game.
    I am comparing the fact that companies adapt to the new era of gamers, blizzard is not with Wow.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am comparing the fact that companies adapt to the new era of gamers, blizzard is not with Wow.
    Then what would you expect that doesn't take it away from RPG's, MMO's or their identity? Singleplayer games are easier to change the course on.

Changes are after all what made people chant for classic.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2018-03-16 at 12:08 PM.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

I would argue gearing up is much more fun now because it's fast, though the game could use some serious reeling in on catch up mechanics to bring it into line.

Every expansion adds new systems but very few stick around. I'm betting world quests and mission tables are here to stay. Stuff like order hall line are at least small improvements to leveling by adding something more unique to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Kenasan View Post
    I believe what you're looking for is a new game.
    To controversial threads, controversial replies. And this one never gets old.

Sorry if you feel like that dude, but you're free to take a break and come back to WoW when you feel like that. Radically changing the game will not solve issues, if anything will drive even more people away.

7+ Year Old Account
    yes, but they are making new games, not just updating the old game over and over.
    if they ever wanted to make such a huge change like that ,they would need to make a new game, not just update wow.
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Like the alliance becoming the bad guys for once would be a change of fun
    Quote Originally Posted by Tennisace View Post
    In other countries like Canada the population has chosen to believe in hope, peace and tolerance. This we can see from the election of the Honourable Justin Trudeau who stood against the politics of hate and divisiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Is that so? We keep hearing the game has changed too much to appeal to the new casual brand of gamers and that is why everyone wants Classic.

But if you are reducing WoW to "level up, gear up, raid or pvp"...there really is no talking to you. How about "you press buttons and click the mouse...every game is so 1985"

Highly doubt it that the new era of gamers are keen for Wow nowadays. Blizzard made the game casual, yet casual gamers are qutting, so I guess it was not worth the change? According to nostalrius around 200,000 players were active on the servers, its hardly ‘everyone’

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    yes, but they are making new games, not just updating the old game over and over.
    if they ever wanted to make such a huge change like that ,they would need to make a new game, not just update wow.
    I am not talking about other games, I am just talking about Wow. A company should adapt, make a new definition of mmorpg, but nope, stay with the same philosophy from vanilla

Quote Originally Posted by Kuthe View Post
    I find it enjoyable still, as does many others.

How about you just quit or take a break for a while and find something you actually enjoy
    As evidenced by all the WoW-related sections on this forum, ranting and crapping on the game seems to be a far more popular past time than the healthy alternative you recommend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OneWay View Post
    They did not expect WarCraft to last beyond Burning Crusade, look where it is now. It is not a wonder why subs are in decline, it just the nature of product. People that love the game will probably always come back to continue and follow the story if nothing else and as long as there are players like that, WarCraft will continue to exist.
    Source? As far as I can remember, from the retrospective documentry made with blizzard, Mike stated that he did not expect for vanilla to be succesful yet they were shocked after 500,000 / 1 mill mark.

My only guess why subs are dropping is because Wow has experienced the cycle of repetition and the new era of gamers like different fast fps games
    Last edited by mmoc49214b0649; 2018-03-16 at 12:22 PM.

Mythic+ is exactly what you are referring to. Working on Mythic Argus atm, but I dont really see it as the ultimate goal/difficulty anymore - Mythic+ offers a much higher difficulty to beat and a lot of variety in both affixes, dungeons, and their combinations.

The game is turning from "beat the latest raid on mythic" and farm 25 times for mounts to a constantly competitive "push keys as high as possible". This is their solution to PvE's inability to be turned into esports.

Good thing you aren't running their business. Why break the goose laying the golden egg.

Warchief
    7+ Year Old Account
    WoW doesn't need to change, you just need a new game.

But this:
    "Back in the ol’ days gearing was the most fun part of this game, now its so easy to get gear..."
    Seems to be the crux of the argument, and it's a tired one.
    If you want the good ol days, wait for Classic servers then have fun farming gear for months on end on a single toon, maybe one alt, because trying to gear any more than that is going to require several hours a day if you want to be raid-ready. Oh, and don't forget your fire resist pots.

WoW, at its core, is an MMORPG and always will be.
    They've thrown in some "action-y" things, some "platform-y" things, but ultimately, it's a story of a hero rising up to conquer the next challenge, and it always will be.
    You level up, you get gear, you beat the boss, get more gear, beat the next boss.
    With M+ being added, plus other avenues of "things to do" (pet battles, etc), WoW offers plenty and does so in such a way that it's been the most successful MMO ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jujudrood View Post
    WoW doesn't need to change, you just need a new game.

But this:
    "Back in the ol’ days gearing was the most fun part of this game, now its so easy to get gear..."
    Seems to be the crux of the argument, and it's a tired one.
    If you want the good ol days, wait for Classic servers then have fun farming gear for months on end on a single toon, maybe one alt, because trying to gear any more than that is going to require several hours a day if you want to be raid-ready. Oh, and don't forget your fire resist pots.

WoW, at its core, is an MMORPG and always will be.
    They've thrown in some "action-y" things, some "platform-y" things, but ultimately, it's a story of a hero rising up to conquer the next challenge, and it always will be.
    You level up, you get gear, you beat the boss, get more gear, beat the next boss.
    With M+ being added, plus other avenues of "things to do" (pet battles, etc), WoW offers plenty and does so in such a way that it's been the most successful MMO ever.
    But Jujudrood.... <puts hands dramatically on you shoulders and looks at you intently>.... WoW is dying.

Deleted
    I'll stick to the same response that is valid for 99% of all threads on these forums:

The game is boring for you. Not for me, nor many other players - so none of what you said holds true as it is the perspective of you alone.

You level up
    Gear up
    Do raids or PvP. - Pretty much the whole core of Wow since 2004.
    I wholeheartedly agree. It needs a reboot. Azeroth needs to be destroyed and all of the races band together to save as many as possible and we find ourselves in a totally new world. This time we are the refugees... no longer great heroes with artifact weapons, greens and blues create ooohs and ahs.

It's one of the reasons I am so excited for Classic... and feel it will outperform expectations. Even though it's a completely known story and quests... there is something to be said for starting fresh... the economy is new, gear has meaning again, you have something worth working toward.

When you have nothing, the littlest thing has value to you. When you have everything, nothing has value at all.

I doubt we will ever see a WoW 2.0... and to be honest, I do not trust the existing dev team is capable of doing it justice... they truly are clueless s to what made WoW great. Typical story of the spoiled kid inheriting the business his father labored to build, and wasting it away in his ignorance and hubris.

So I remain hopeful that Classic will give me a couple more years of true gaming satisfaction... that is... if the devs don't manage to somehow screw it up.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Drayiicha View Post
    I'll stick to the same response that is valid for 99% of all threads on these forums:

The game is boring for you. Not for me, nor many other players - so none of what you said holds true as it is the perspective of you alone.
    It IS boring for ME and many others. And since more people have stopped playing than are currently playing, it is safe to assume you are in the minority.

Well, as much others have already said. The problem is not the game.

Wow works the way it is, been working for more than a decade.

Its much easier for you to change the game instead of the game to change for you. There are alot of other options out there, for both MMOs and Not as Massive.

I Tried ESO, GW2 and some others. sincerely i only found out that WoW is much better than any MMO, but i also learned that for me to enjoy it i have to play it more casually and spare most of my time doing other things and/or playing other things. like Overwatch, PUBG, Fortinite, Diablo or even Single player games(recently been late to the party and playing Batman Arkham Knight and Metal Gear Solid V and having a really good time)

TL;DR: Enjoy yourself, if you are not enjoying yourself then do something else instead of expecting what you doing to become enjoyable.
    Signature was infraaaaaaaaaacted. Need a new one!

Scarab Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    They need to take more chances with lore and story rather than serve the same bland predictable nonsense time and again. If RPG aspects come first it can't go completely wrong when they bake and marry MMO aspects into it. Like the original reasoning behind the game-tag.

That said I can imagine you'd be bored after playing the same game since 2004. It's alright to take a break and explore the rest of the market
    You're free to shop around and you can always come back. Be aware of your own options instead of closing the doors.
    If you knew the candle was fire then the meal was cooked a long time ago.