Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FertsBlert View Post
    Yeah we've seen female Ogres, they're everywhere. The only difference is 'under the loincloth' if you wanted to look......
    (not canon but well within the bounds of reason more than a few species have very little differentiation between genders)
    Karrga

So, well, yeah. They're pretty hard to tell apart if you don't know and they're not making an effort to show it off.

I wouldn't mind a race or two that have different gender dimorphism than ISO human standard or a different number of genders.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Magister of Quelthalas View Post
    Ogres will be gender-locked, for me atleast.
    No they won't, there are female ogres they just aren't represented in game....

5+ Year Old Account
    I wouldn't be happy with a "Monogender" or "Genderless" race and I'll express why pretty simply:

There are no Genderless Races in gaming. They're all coded masculine or feminine and presented as one or the other. Asari? Genderless. They're all hot blue chicks. Warforged? Genderless. They're all big robot dudes with broad shoulders and tiny hips. Even voice-coding exists to ensure that even if a given race is meant to be "Genderless" it has a clear gender presented. This is because our society is -incredibly- Binaristic. We think of everything in opposition because of our grammatical structure and history. Where there is no dichotomy we -create- a dichotomy.

It's super frustrating. Particularly for nonbinary individuals.

As to a monogender race (All Girls or All Guys): I hate playing men in videogames. I can't immerse myself in them because I get uncomfortably dysphoric. And all-female races are almost invariably portrayed in an overtly sexualized manner, like the Succubi and the Shivarra posted upthread. Because they're monogender people seem to feel the need to exaggerate their gender and because most people think of gender and sex as intertwined: BAM! Sexy as can be.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ophenia View Post
    Have we ever seen female Ogre ?

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You're joking, which is cool, but I don't understand people who seriously think this way. Yes, male Blood Elves are narcissistic and metrosexual (with long hair to boot), but look at how freakin' RIPPED they are. The muscles, broad shoulders, chiseled chins, and not thin waists make them stand out as very male to me.
    Giving warrior class for them was mistake.

Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    Dont forget Mogu. There are only 2 females amongst them.
    There WERE only 2

Quote Originally Posted by Backero View Post
    What would your reaction be like, if Blizzard would introduce an Alied race with only one gender option?
    Well. I only play male characters so I'd either play it or not but I don't have any political stance on it.
    My Collection
    - Bring back my damn zoom distance/MoP Portals - I read OP minimum, 1st page maximum-make wow alt friendly again -Please post constructively(topkek) -Kill myself

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Giving warrior class for them was mistake.
    How so? Everyone has warriors, warriors are just fighters. In WC3 they had High Elven Footmen and Captains, those are Warriors. Spellbreakers are arguably Warriors too.

Quote Originally Posted by kraid View Post
    The idea of gender locked classes comes from some Free to play games like TERA and some other korean MMOs
    Blizzard has had this themselves in Diablo 2 already, every class was gender locked.

Yes, I think this is possible but it will make sense only with some races. The most obvious choices would (or could) be:

- satyrs (males) for the Horde
    - ethereals (actually I think a genderless option would be the best for them although the current models clearly resemble males) as a neutral race
    - harpies (females) for the Alliance

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    What next? Gender locked classes? WoW become F2P with slut costumes in gameshop?

People you really nutz. With Allied Races its already not likely we will ever see standalone full races. Now you want make already lazy Blizzard become even more lazy by releasing one gender races? WTF wrong with you?
    Only if they have slutty black, lacy teddies, with thighhigh boots, and a riding crop. :3

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by The Stormbringer View Post
    You're joking, which is cool, but I don't understand people who seriously think this way. Yes, male Blood Elves are narcissistic and metrosexual (with long hair to boot), but look at how freakin' RIPPED they are. The muscles, broad shoulders, chiseled chins, and not thin waists make them stand out as very male to me.
    Have you ever listened to their jokes, they even talk about "Needing a Scrunchie".

10+ Year Old Account
    I personally really dislike how people demand sexual dimorphism in this game (err... RPG/fantasy games in general)

The demand for "they don't have a female version!!!1!" Gives us stupid shit like Arakkoa with boobs, Mantid with boobs, Vulpera with boobs.

Even across other games, like Elder Scrolls for example, we're given Argonians with boobs, literally lizard people, and the devs even had to CREATE LORE for why they have boobs (Hist-Sacs, or something).

Not every race needs to have tits, why... why are people even invested in lizard tits, bird tits and monkey tits? (Lookin' at you, Hozen). Can you people just accept that non-mammalian humanoids shouldn't have mammaries? Has the furry community truly poisoned the Internet?

They can make Hozen an allied race and the only difference in male/female can be hairstyles, or jewelry, but even then I truly wouldn't care if they were the exact same model with just a difference voice or something in-game.

The target audience for female playable characters should be female gamers. Not sorry I said it.

Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ya, just be careful the trans rights activists will be up your ass.
    Literally lol

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I wouldn't be happy with a "Monogender" or "Genderless" race and I'll express why pretty simply:

There are no Genderless Races in gaming. They're all coded masculine or feminine and presented as one or the other. Asari? Genderless. They're all hot blue chicks. Warforged? Genderless. They're all big robot dudes with broad shoulders and tiny hips. Even voice-coding exists to ensure that even if a given race is meant to be "Genderless" it has a clear gender presented. This is because our society is -incredibly- Binaristic. We think of everything in opposition because of our grammatical structure and history. Where there is no dichotomy we -create- a dichotomy.

It's super frustrating. Particularly for nonbinary individuals.

As to a monogender race (All Girls or All Guys): I hate playing men in videogames. I can't immerse myself in them because I get uncomfortably dysphoric. And all-female races are almost invariably portrayed in an overtly sexualized manner, like the Succubi and the Shivarra posted upthread. Because they're monogender people seem to feel the need to exaggerate their gender and because most people think of gender and sex as intertwined: BAM! Sexy as can be.
    Well at the genetic level at least in humans, you are either a male or female period, regardless of what you "feel" you are. Though there will be gene therapy soon enough that will be able to convert someone at the genetic level so people chopping shit off or adding shit are retarded to do that with that kind of tech on the way.
    Lead Game Designer

YouTube Channel

https://www.youtube.com/@Nateanderthal

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nevcairiel View Post
    Blizzard has had this themselves in Diablo 2 already, every class was gender locked.
    Oh I thought we were talking in the context of an MMO where you choose to create a character avatar, in diablo 2 you play an already stablished hero with its own story, shall we go back and include some ole' CRPGs too?

Quote Originally Posted by Big Mama View Post
    Yes, I think this is possible but it will make sense only with some races. The most obvious choices would (or could) be:

- satyrs (males) for the Horde
    - ethereals (actually I think a genderless option would be the best for them although the current models clearly resemble males) as a neutral race
    - harpies (females) for the Alliance
    Some of the Shadowguard Ethereals actually have clearly female voices. So they all look the same.

It's not just me that really wants to play as a Harpie then? Don't know why but I've always wanted to for years.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

why is this a thread?

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Well at the genetic level at least in humans, you are either a male or female period, regardless of what you "feel" you are. Though there will be gene therapy soon enough that will be able to convert someone at the genetic level so people chopping shit off or adding shit are retarded to do that with that kind of tech on the way.
    Yeeeeah... no.

First, you clearly have a high schooler's understanding of genetics. Second, you're talking to one of those "retarded" people. Third, you're taking a discussion of videogame genders and branching out to insult trans people in political discourse which is against forum rules.

So... Bye.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don’t see any problem with a single gender race for gameplay purposes. I played FFXI and they had 2 single gender races. The way they handled it in lore was that the other gender did exist, but at a greatly diminished rate. Think for every 99 females of the race a male was born. That way it made sense that the player could only play as a single gender.