Page 1 of 10
... LastLast
    Deleted

Mag'har Orc Class Lineup?

There may have been a post on this already so I am sorry if there is.

I wonder about which classes I will be able to make when the Mag'har becomes available? I have a Blood elf Warlock that I would like to race change at some point. Now do we know if Mag'har will have warlocks. I can imagine the Frostwolves and probably Warsong is surely no but what abut the rest. Bleeding Hollow I am not sure on since they would no like Kilrog being turned into a Fel Orc and killed. I imagine the Shadowmoon clan would not purely on Nerzhul being dead and his mate ruling the clan and not wanting anything to do with it. I can imagine the Laughing Skull and Shattered Hand would probably accept warlock on the basis that they obey certain rules.

We can asume that they will have Warriors, Hunters, Rogues, Mage's?, Monks?, Shamans of course, I seriously doubt that Death Knights would be, and possibly priests because of the Shadowmoon Clan.

Would appreciate peoples thoughts on this.

Keep it Civil. Thanks.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    They are Mag'har, which means uncorrupted, so warlock would make no sense whatsoever. So probably Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Rogue and possibly priest because of Shadowmoon indeed.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

7+ Year Old Account
    A long time ago in a galaxy far, far away
    Warrior, Rogue, Hunters, and Shaman ... 4 classes only.

Shadow magic is frowned on by the Shadowmoon clan so Priests are not lightly as Void use is forbidden and they haven't used Light.

Monks are tied to Pandaren right now, so it is unlikely.

Mages possible.

Warlocks no ... they are Mag'har uncorrupted.
    Peace is a lie. There is only passion. Through passion I gain strength. Through strength I gain power.
    Through power I gain victory. Through victory my chains are broken. The Force shall set me free.
    –The Sith Code

Deleted
    I agree on it. Wish I could have the warlock because Mag'har look so cool but since its not likely. I thought of a Monk because many races already are. Horde trained the Nightborne and since Orcs in general can be maybe the Mag'har can. I have a hunter and a Shaman so that could still work if i wanted to.

I'm just happy I can finally have a proper Laughing Skull orc

I would go for:

Warrior (classic orc)
    Hunter (classic orc hunter with wolf pack)
    Shaman (classic orc class as well)
    Rogue (Garona... need to say more?)
    Mage (draenor orcs are mages as well, i believe)
    Warlock (just because they are mag'har / fel untouched, doesn't go against them being able to use warlock specs like affliction and destruction with normal fire)

Maybe:
    Priest, probably more shadow, as their main healing class is shaman (i think)
    Monk, if blizzard wants to
    Last edited by RangerDaz; 2018-03-16 at 11:38 AM.

Deleted
    I see only 4 classes for them: Warrior, Hunter, Shaman and Rogue. And that would be okay of course if DIDwarves OR Kultirans would also be 4-class races, but for now both of those races have too many "must-have classes", so besides these 4 I would see also MAYBE Monk, Mage, Warlock or DK for them (Mag'hars).

Deleted
    Warrior, hunter, shaman, rogue and priest.

Considering priests are playable by literally every other main race of the game and all have their unique types, I think we can stop discussing how the last race isn't light-oriented enough. Theres enough lore justification in WOD for them, and it gives the mag'har a bit of unique flair since their classes would otherwise be pretty obvious.

IF they are from Outland, I would play a shaman or a warrior probably.
    There is a chance they ll be able to play as a priest, too. There was that one guy in Garadar with priest buff on him. He may be in Shadowmoon Valley(Outland), too.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    People, Priests would not make sense.

The Shadowmoon of WoD did use Void magic, but it's a forbidden form of magic, outlawed since it's discovery. I don't think the clans would start accepting Void magic after witnessing Ner'zhul almost destroying Karabor with it. The Shadowmoon Orcs who did use it, joining this united Mag'har group? I think it's unlikely - otherwise, we would have Mag'har Warlocks too.

Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    People, Priests would not make sense.

The Shadowmoon of WoD did use Void magic, but it's a forbidden form of magic, outlawed since it's discovery. I don't think the clans would start accepting Void magic after witnessing Ner'zhul almost destroying Karabor with it. The Shadowmoon Orcs who did use it, joining this united Mag'har group? I think it's unlikely - otherwise, we would have Mag'har Warlocks too.
    And the forsaken literally can't use light extensively without killing themselves, lore clearly gets thrown out the window for gameplay purposes. Seeing as essentially the entirety of the Shadowmoon Clan revolved around shadow/void magic it's probably pretty fair to assume we might see Mag'har priests, forbidden or not

Yes, there's a thread on this topic. Regardless, why is this a question? Since we're dealing with the remnants of the Iron Horde, your answer should be rather obvious: warrior, hunter, rogue, shaman, and mage. Now, if they were feeling frisky, you could toss in the priest and/or the monk, but given their lore, neither option makes a lot of sense (and the Shadowmoon were shamans... not priests).

5+ Year Old Account
    Clearly, they will be the following several classes:

Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Druid, Monk, Paladin, Priest, and Warlock.

*insert trollface here*

The Orcs (specifically Gul'dan) created the first Death Knights from the slain essences of the Shadow Council and the Necrolytes (Which we killed in WoD)

We've also seen Fel-Infused Orcs, not just Fel Orcs but big winged demon-people Orcs, so they've got the -ability- to use Demon Hunter techniques.

With the planet's destruction averted, the local Wild Gods (Anzu, Sethe, Rukhmar, potentially others) could spend 30 years teaching the Orcs to tap into Life magic.

As to Monks, we already know they've got Blademasters on Draenor, lightly armored warriors wielding a single weapon or two and performing dazzling feats.

30 years between Au Draenor's time and Modern WoW? The Draenei can teach them to be Paladins and Priests.

And while the Iron Horde is defeated, and the Legion's horde destroyed, there are still demons, and there will always be those who seek to harness their power as Warlocks.

Literally any class can be "Lore'd" into place with a little finagling. Let's wait and see!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valrok View Post
    And the forsaken literally can't use light extensively without killing themselves, lore clearly gets thrown out the window for gameplay purposes. Seeing as essentially the entirety of the Shadowmoon Clan revolved around shadow/void magic it's probably pretty fair to assume we might see Mag'har priests, forbidden or not
    The entirelly of Shadowmoon Clan revolves around shamanistic stuff, prophecy and stargazing.

They didn't use Holy magicks, and only the most vile - the followers of Ner'zhul - used Shadow magicks (and we fucking butchered those Orcs), defiling their customs and sacred grounds. Rulkan's followers still dance by the old ways.

If they make Mag'har Priests will come the day Mag'har Warlocks come too.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Magister of Quelthalas View Post
    IF they are from Outland, I would play a shaman or a warrior probably.
    There is a chance they ll be able to play as a priest, too. There was that one guy in Garadar with priest buff on him. He may be in Shadowmoon Valley(Outland), too.
    They are WoD orcs, Ion confirmed that last night.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

I would guess every Orc race aside from Warlock and maybe DK.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm thinking no to Warlock (because Mag'har = uncorrupted by fel), but maybe yes to Priest for the Shadowmoon Clan, who drew power from a Naaru.

Maybe Mage, because elemental mastery and teaming up with draenei, but mainly just for the sake of having a couple cloth options.
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-03-16 at 05:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    They are WoD orcs, Ion confirmed that last night.
    Ew. Well that s one allied race removed from plans for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    I'm thinking no to Warlock (because Mag'har = uncorrupted by fel), but maybe yes to Priest for the Shadowmoon Clan, who drew power from a Naaru.

Maybe Mage, because elemental mastery and teaming up with draenei, but mainly just for the sake of having a couple cloth options.
    I can see Priest over Mage due to the shadowy elements of the Shadowmoon Clan. So maybe all Orc classes minus Warlock/DK, and add Priest?

Realistically Warrior, Hunter, Shaman and Rogue are the only four classes that fit the race. But that's a really short list and I expect Blizzard to shoehorn in a couple more.

If they had been Outland Mag'har, you could have added Death Knight and Monk to that list....