Quote Originally Posted by dope_danny View Post
    Seriously? you know its got a great distance closing melee attack and can block roars and blinding flashes right?
    You can also just roll through those things. Yeah though I've always hated sword and board in everything, pretty much always tend to go for dual wield when its an option in games. Just never liked shields.

I found the concept of CB kinda neat, but yeah, shield.
    ..and so he left, with terrible power in shaking hands.

Quote Originally Posted by stellvia View Post
    If you know you're going to be taking on Diablos, you can also aim for food buffs like Felyne Riser or Felyne Feet. Flinch-free helps with knockback and Tremor resist helps with getting staggered by him going past underground. Also if you use shrieker pods as he's burrowing it will cause him to be in KO status for like 10 secs. Lastly, if you don't like fighting him in a certain area, you could also try dung and see if you can push him into or lead him into a more favorable area.
    I decided to just take a go at Diablos yesterday on low rank in my endgame bow gear and...he was kicking my ass. I was getting so mad I was about to ragequit. Then I just took a chill pill, didn't try to get in every last hit and prioritized dodge over damage. He died...for shits I went for high rank Diablos and he never even touched me. 5-6 kills taking zero damage later I saw Black Diablos..."I've got this"...I...didn't have this.

So he is now my new frustration. He seems like he has a bigger hitbox than the stupid one Diablos already had. Nothing even remotely near me and I get hit, and was that asshole stearing himself when charging or am I crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by EyelessCrow View Post
    I decided to just take a go at Diablos yesterday on low rank in my endgame bow gear and...he was kicking my ass. I was getting so mad I was about to ragequit. Then I just took a chill pill, didn't try to get in every last hit and prioritized dodge over damage. He died...for shits I went for high rank Diablos and he never even touched me. 5-6 kills taking zero damage later I saw Black Diablos..."I've got this"...I...didn't have this.

So he is now my new frustration. He seems like he has a bigger hitbox than the stupid one Diablos already had. Nothing even remotely near me and I get hit, and was that asshole stearing himself when charging or am I crazy.
    Black diablos is a charging bull. Sometimes he will curve the charge. Your best bed is to run towards him but to the side. Remembering the direction you are pulling the charge as it could cart others you run towards.

10+ Year Old Account
    Black diablos is a charging bull. Sometimes he will curve the charge. Your best bed is to run towards him but to the side. Remembering the direction you are pulling the charge as it could cart others you run towards.
    Quite accurate.
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathandira View Post
    Quite accurate.
    actually inaccurate black diablos cant be a he thay are all female.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutler View Post
    actually inaccurate black diablos cant be a he thay are all female.
    Well, that is true. lol
    RIP Genn Greymane, Permabanned on 8.22.18

Your name will carry on through generations, and will never be forgotten.

\

*She. Her tail swipe has a VERY large range, and she does a lot more charges than burrows. She also laughs at dung pods.

15+ Year Old Account
    Devil jho makes its debut on the 22nd of march cant wait.

Sig by Elyssia "When you do things right people won't be sure you've done anything at all"

Yep, there's a bit more than just the Deviljho overall.
    http://www.capcom-unity.com/monster_...-fest-and-more

Most important to me-
    Attacks from allies no longer interrupt you during the carving animation. Additionally, players are now immune to all hit reactions, including bombs, during carving animations after quest completion.
    I have friends who love to "accidentally" hit you while you're carving.

worst one for me was when i needed one dodogama tail, went to carve it and a Urugaan rolled through and knocked me over a one way cliff and it timed out before i got back. I was pretty sodium rich that day.

worst one for me was when i needed one dodogama tail, went to carve it and a Urugaan rolled through and knocked me over a one way cliff and it timed out before i got back. I was pretty sodium rich that day.
    How about in ancient forest and rathalos coming in and doing his stupid ass pickup and throw down 3 floors right as what we're fighting dies.

How about in ancient forest and rathalos coming in and doing his stupid ass pickup and throw down 3 floors right as what we're fighting dies.
    How about getting ready to carve Kushala Daura and some asshole rando uses bombs to set off the waterfall?

This salt mine is deeep.

Tried Black Diablos quest again, noticed it was trapping. Didn't see any signs of weakness as I was sticking her with arrows...she died. Damned near flipped my coffee table lol.

On a side note, ALL she did was burrow. She never charged once.

Tried Black Diablos quest again, noticed it was trapping. Didn't see any signs of weakness as I was sticking her with arrows...she died. Damned near flipped my coffee table lol.

On a side note, ALL she did was burrow. She never charged once.
    Yeah one minor criticism of world compared to 4U is some monsters will just do one thing on repeat. I had a Negigante stand completely still and use its tail slam 12 times. Not fun when you want the tail cut but as a boss fight kind of lame y'know?

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah one minor criticism of world compared to 4U is some monsters will just do one thing on repeat. I had a Negigante stand completely still and use its tail slam 12 times. Not fun when you want the tail cut but as a boss fight kind of lame y'know?
    That's been a problem throughout the series. I've had Rathians tail swipe 6 times in a row. I've had Daimyos do the pace back and forth with the slight swipe at the end repeatedly. AI is always going to have weird cases like that. I wouldn't say it's any worse in World. I've actually probably seen less of it personally.

Quote Originally Posted by Poppincaps View Post
    That's been a problem throughout the series. I've had Rathians tail swipe 6 times in a row. I've had Daimyos do the pace back and forth with the slight swipe at the end repeatedly. AI is always going to have weird cases like that. I wouldn't say it's any worse in World. I've actually probably seen less of it personally.
    I've definitely seen more monsters just scream back to back to back to back to back than I have in any previous game, and I haven't even put nearly as much time into world yet.

Nothing is now frustrating than having a monster scream 20 times just to instantly fly away.

Its weird, I haven't really run into the spam monsters but boy have I seen some videos of mobs clearly glitching out and just doing things on repeat.

I feel like I experienced that more in 4u where like poppins said I'd have a rath just spin around for a while whipping its tail around or something in that vein.

We get any word on what skills the pickle sets gonna have? It looks so gud I'm praying that its not worthless. Especially the belt and legs, because I freaking hate nergi coil B and dober boots are pretty eh.

For capture quests I recommend using the tranqs first, as their debuff lasts a good minute or more, then drop the trap and blow them up until their hp is in capture range if it isn't yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    We need G rank

Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    We need G rank
    and transmog!

Basically we need monster hunter world XX