Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    I have huge issue with DH dps challenge for some reason :/ and the easier i have done is the ww monk >.> it took me 3 tries without looking at guide (but i overgear it im 940ilvl).

Quote Originally Posted by kary View Post
    I mean, I did the tank challenge I want to say 7 months ago, and tanked every raid @ heroic and nearly every M+ dungeon at 15+ but sure.
    I have 3/3 on my monk and 4/4 on my druid.

Tanking is about interrupting, positioning and doing damage, as much as it is about holding threat. Holding threat at this point is secondary, probably even tertiary as far as your jobs go.
    Every fucking dps have an interrupt, it's not more of a tank job than a dps job in any way shape or form. Doing dmg is something but again, a dps job, no one really gives a shit how much dmg a tank does except people who are jealous when they think tank dmg is too high for their fragile taste. Positioning is, again, something everybody does, what a tank does that no other job does is positioning the mobs, which we can't even do with the most important mob of the challenge who just doesn't even move, completely stupid.

What a tank does that no other roles do is pulling mobs in a way the creates and manages the pace of the run and positioning mobs to facilitate the job of the group because they cannot position anything and they will die if they pull. Also a tank has to mitigate constant incoming dmg taken, plan cooldown usage and estimate the correct use of cooldowns. Also using LoS, sur it can be done by any roles but it's more important for the tank as they usually are the target so it's more impactful. None of these things are present in the tank challenge, why the fuck is it not there?

1. No pulling/pacing; everything comes with a timer like the worse dungeon in the game: violet hold, that place is shit, the tank challenge is designed like that so it makes it shit as well.
    2. No relevant dmg mitigation; you either dance around it like a dps does or simply have your health pool inevitably shrinked by something 90% out of your control.
    3. No cooldown management; you can take them out of your bar, it's pretty much useless as this plays like a dps challenge.
    4. No LoS; there's a ton of rocks and shit around the place but we can't even use them for gameplay purposes.
    5. No mob positioning since the main mob cannot be moved, completely retarded.
    6. No one actually cares about Kruul, once you get there the challenge is pretty much over, the annoying part is the cock sucker caster rooted in place.

It was a badly designed challenge.

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Let's talk about the infernal ground slam because in my view it's the one mechanic that's absolutely horseshit.

For ANY other challenge mechanic, valkyrs on sigryn, eggs and totems on feltotem, runes on brothers, etc. There's usually reaction time for the player to do something, and they usually seem to occur around the same time. The infernal ground smash is 1) hard to see 2) casted totally random and most importantly 3) has a 1 second or less reaction time window. The reaction window is so small, that the strategy ends up being just run in a circle to avoid.

Another huge issue I have with it is the infernal that just suddenly resurrect and instant casts it out of nowhere.
    I agree with this 100%. I've done the tank challenge on Druid, Death Knight, Demon Hunter, Monk, and Paladin, and it was by far the easiest on Druid and Demon Hunter because of Feral Charge/Infernal Strike. Demon Hunter is even more cheesy because you can double jump in the middle of the knockback to negate it. I don't die to Kruul, I don't die to the Inquisitor, I don't get knocked back by the eyes, and I don't die from the parasite adds. As you said, the challenge teaches you to strafe in a circle because if you move forward or backward or stand still for even a second, you're getting knocked off.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Every fucking dps have an interrupt, it's not more of a tank job than a dps job in any way shape or form. Doing dmg is something but again, a dps job, no one really gives a shit how much dmg a tank does except people who are jealous when they think tank dmg is too high for their fragile taste. Positioning is, again, something everybody does, what a tank does that no other job does is positioning the mobs, which we can't even do with the most important mob of the challenge who just doesn't even move, completely stupid.

What a tank does that no other roles do is pulling mobs in a way the creates and manages the pace of the run and positioning mobs to facilitate the job of the group because they cannot position anything and they will die if they pull. Also a tank has to mitigate constant incoming dmg taken, plan cooldown usage and estimate the correct use of cooldowns. Also using LoS, sur it can be done by any roles but it's more important for the tank as they usually are the target so it's more impactful. None of these things are present in the tank challenge, why the fuck is it not there?

1. No pulling/pacing; everything comes with a timer like the worse dungeon in the game: violet hold, that place is shit, the tank challenge is designed like that so it makes it shit as well.
    2. No relevant dmg mitigation; you either dance around it like a dps does or simply have your health pool inevitably shrinked by something 90% out of your control.
    3. No cooldown management; you can take them out of your bar, it's pretty much useless as this plays like a dps challenge.
    4. No LoS; there's a ton of rocks and shit around the place but we can't even use them for gameplay purposes.
    5. No mob positioning since the main mob cannot be moved, completely retarded.
    6. No one actually cares about Kruul, once you get there the challenge is pretty much over, the annoying part is the cock sucker caster rooted in place.

It was a badly designed challenge.
    For people who are stuck in the vanilla mindset, i totally agree.
    You know you don't have to stand in the puddle, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    Let's talk about the infernal ground slam because in my view it's the one mechanic that's absolutely horseshit.

For ANY other challenge mechanic, valkyrs on sigryn, eggs and totems on feltotem, runes on brothers, etc. There's usually reaction time for the player to do something, and they usually seem to occur around the same time. The infernal ground smash is 1) hard to see 2) casted totally random and most importantly 3) has a 1 second or less reaction time window. The reaction window is so small, that the strategy ends up being just run in a circle to avoid.

Another huge issue I have with it is the infernal that just suddenly resurrect and instant casts it out of nowhere.
    It is very poorly made and also a glaring issue when it comes to progression through that challenge. You are stuck to dpsin'g a stationary mob, which greatly reduces your range of motion to do this dps race which shouldn't exist in a tank challenge. So when Kruul actually comes out, you can move around with him and suddenly everything is 70 to 80% easier because you don't have to pay attention to the 5% change in hue of the ground to detect semi-invisible smoke that tells you you're about to get thrown into outer space.

Every other challenges were insanely easier than the first part this crap.

- - - Updated - - -

For people who are stuck in the vanilla mindset, i totally agree.
    You know you don't have to stand in the puddle, right?
    And take 5 months to kill that cunt? Sounds fucking fun, it's already longer than most challenges, why not make it even longer. Great idea.

Quote Originally Posted by onesBronson View Post
    Guardian Druid is my main on alliance side (ilvl 930), and I been blowing all my crystals at that challenge everytime mage tower comes up. Then I go watch some guy on youtube run it on one of his successful attempts and he beats it like it was nothing, granted his ilvl is fairly even with mines with no legendaries.
    Save all your CDs for phase 2 and just chain pop them. I had no idea what was happening in P2 but back to back CDs while spamming everything just wins.

I was lucky enough to get Luffas as my 1st legendary. You just spawm thrash.

It is very poorly made and also a glaring issue when it comes to progression through that challenge. You are stuck to dpsin'g a stationary mob, which greatly reduces your range of motion to do this dps race which shouldn't exist in a tank challenge. So when Kruul actually comes out, you can move around with him and suddenly everything is 70 to 80% easier because you don't have to pay attention to the 5% change in hue of the ground to detect semi-invisible smoke that tells you you're about to get thrown into outer space.

Every other challenges were insanely easier than the first part this crap.

- - - Updated - - -

And take 5 months to kill that cunt? Sounds fucking fun, it's already longer than most challenges, why not make it even longer. Great idea.
    If you haven't beat it yet, the problem is 100% you.
    You do know that you have ranged abilities, and dps cooldowns, right?
    Like... you can use bloodboil and blooddrinker as a dk... shield as a paladin
    Like... you know you can watch the duration of the debuff and let it reset while using these abilities, right?
    Like... you know you can pop dps cooldowns to do as much damage as possible while standing in the puddle, right?
    Like... you can learn how to play, it's really not hard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Uncommon Premium
    I smokedddd the first challenge with HPal at 909ilvl, barely even saw mechanics on Ret at 929 ilvl, but it took my dumbass 959ilvl to get the prot pal done... I’m 973 hpal-for-pvp right now for highest ilvl, but with 4 set on that offspec.. took me until literally a few days ago. One thing btw... I’ve only ever played tank on Warrior.. but prot was a cool try out for this challenge.

Keep at it!! Youll get it <3

Quote Originally Posted by Ragnarohk View Post
    Save all your CDs for phase 2 and just chain pop them. I had no idea what was happening in P2 but back to back CDs while spamming everything just wins.

I was lucky enough to get Luffas as my 1st legendary. You just spawm thrash.
    Thrash with balance affinity (no luffas) can hit him outside the puddle. Thrash and moonfire. Tons of moonfire.

If you haven't beat it yet, the problem is 100% you.
    You do know that you have ranged abilities, and dps cooldowns, right?
    Like... you can use bloodboil and blooddrinker as a dk... shield as a paladin
    Like... you know you can watch the duration of the debuff and let it reset while using these abilities, right?
    Like... you know you can pop dps cooldowns to do as much damage as possible while standing in the puddle, right?
    Like... you can learn how to play, it's really not hard.
    Dude, you're quoting me saying how easy the second phase is. Why would you even think I haven't beaten it? Actually there's not one thing I said that points to me not beating the challenge. I simply stated the fact that it's not well designed and harder than other challenged, because it is. It's not too hard or impossible to do in any way shape or form, hell maybe I even beat it before you.

You sound like these guys in trade chat who go crazy when someone says "hunter is easier to play than mage" and you go "all classez are ez pz!" no one gives a fuck everybody knwos all classes are easy but when you COMPARE THEM one is harder than the other without actually being hard to play. Same shit here, it's not impossible to beat, it's just harder than other challenges.

And yeah, every knows everything you listed there, nothing new, doesn't make the challenge any more fun or designed for tanks.

Dude, you're quoting me saying how easy the second phase is. Why would you even think I haven't beaten it? Actually there's not one thing I said that points to me not beating the challenge. I simply stated the fact that it's not well designed and harder than other challenged, because it is. It's not too hard or impossible to do in any way shape or form, hell maybe I even beat it before you.

You sound like these guys in trade chat who go crazy when someone says "hunter is easier to play than mage" and you go "all classez are ez pz!" no one gives a fuck everybody knwos all classes are easy but when you COMPARE THEM one is harder than the other without actually being hard to play. Same shit here, it's not impossible to beat, it's just harder than other challenges.

And yeah, every knows everything you listed there, nothing new, doesn't make the challenge any more fun or designed for tanks.
    It's not hard, though.
    And it's likely you got it before I did, because I tank as an offspec and I think the werebear looks stupid as shit.

But it was designed for tanks. Not vanilla mindset tanks, unfortunately.

H

Only P1 of the healer one is hard. After that it's faceroll with current avarage ilvl.

It's not hard, though.
    And it's likely you got it before I did, because I tank as an offspec and I think the werebear looks stupid as shit.

But it was designed for tanks. Not vanilla mindset tanks, unfortunately.

H
    Can you like, stop being wrong? I mean I prove you wrong and you just come back with the same stupid shit. What are you expecting from this?

It's not hard, it's harder than other challenges, which if you knew how to use words, would understand that "harder" doesn't even describe something as being "hard". It's a comparison. Running uphill is not hard, but it's harder than running on flat ground. See how it works? Another exemple for the road: Arguing with you is not hard, but it's harder than arguing with someone who understands the basics.

You can change the word "harder" with "not as easy as" if that helps with your confusion.

As someone who has played healer the last time in classic I have problems with beating any of the healer challenges. The others were kinda easy once I got the gist of them and played the mechanics (or just out-geared them, like the Unholy Challenge were my Valkyr basically soloed Agatha).

Can you like, stop being wrong? I mean I prove you wrong and you just come back with the same stupid shit. What are you expecting from this?

It's not hard, it's harder than other challenges, which if you knew how to use words, would understand that "harder" doesn't even describe something as being "hard". It's a comparison. Running uphill is not hard, but it's harder than running on flat ground. See how it works? Another exemple for the road: Arguing with you is not hard, but it's harder than arguing with someone who understands the basics.

You can change the word "harder" with "not as easy as" if that helps with your confusion.
    You've literally never proven me wrong.
    Tanking meta has changed. Tank challenge is a tank challenge.
    You're getting hung up on irrelevant semantics about word use instead of tackling the issue that the tanking challenge is holding aggro and not standing in shit. Who cares if it's harder than something else, neither are hard. Relative difficulty is irrelevant in the discussion we were having about whether or not the challenge tested tanks in their role.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    As someone who has played healer the last time in classic I have problems with beating any of the healer challenges. The others were kinda easy once I got the gist of them and played the mechanics (or just out-geared them, like the Unholy Challenge were my Valkyr basically soloed Agatha).
    The challenges aren't about raw hps, they are more about using your entire toolkit. If you start digging up spells you forgot you had, the challenge becomes progressively easier.

The challenges aren't about raw hps, they are more about using your entire toolkit. If you start digging up spells you forgot you had, the challenge becomes progressively easier.
    Yeah, that is especially true for the healer challenges. I haven't tried them that often and I'm sure that once I go really into them they'll become easier but so far they are the hardest challenges for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubbl3 View Post
    Yeah, that is especially true for the healer challenges. I haven't tried them that often and I'm sure that once I go really into them they'll become easier but so far they are the hardest challenges for me.
    Which one are you having problems with? I can prob give you some pointers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alteiry View Post
    zero on my DH. Goddamn DHs. .
    Ugh DH. I one shotted it and just made myself feel bad about my ability to play a paladin. >.<
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

it might be hard for some, but it's definitely doable with your gear at virtually all ilvls
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rjg_6j6_ua8

Just wanna say that lock cookies can be used if you find a lock before you go into the scenario and those lock cookies dont share CDs with pots.

That 1 lock cookie saved my DH attempt