5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Leksa View Post
    Too bad they did not say in the Q&A at what level the next allied races start
    I don't think there's a reason to assume they'll start at any level other than 20, is there?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aeluron Lightsong View Post
    You know, there are people who actually like the Lightforged and Void Elves right? Or is that too much to comprehend?
    Agreed, I used to think the LF Draenei were kinda crap till made a mage one, little aesthetics really do it for me.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekkle View Post
    Agreed, I used to think the LF Draenei were kinda crap till made a mage one, little aesthetics really do it for me.
    That's just it, I don't think Lightforged are too interesting visually(I mean they're more devoted righteous Draenei) BUT that doesn't mean others won't. I don't like trolls as a race(Sorry Zulkhan) but yet their lore interests me and well live and let live.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi View Post
    If they truly researched and looked into what many Alliance players wanted, they would have given High Elves with, for example, Nozdormu models.
    Blizzard obviously don't give a shit about high elves, otherwise they would have added them. If they gave into every popular demand this game would be an abomination.

Blizzard about Alliance Allied races:

We know that many in the Alliance want High Elves, so let's give them Blood Elf silhouette and animation that those from the Alliance were fine to change, but make this new elf race as different from High Elves as possible in every other way possible because that makes sense.

We also know that many wanted Wildhammer Dwarves but as they are too similar to normal dwarves, we decided to implement a less requested Dark Iron Dwarves instead who would provide a more different experience to the players. At the same time, let's give Alliance an almost identical race to Draenei that barely anyone wanted because that makes sense.

Also we would like Kul'Tiran humans to be a playable race as well but we understand that passing off differently built humans as a separate race would be controversial so we decided to make their models ugly. Because that also makes so much sense.

It's as if Blizzard tries to give Alliance as terrible options as possible to see what they can get away with.
    We already know they are being made according to lore. HE's don't really exist in large enough numbers anymore to even consider being playable. Doesn't really matter what some players want. I Play Alliance and am fine with VE's.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    I don't think there's a reason to assume they'll start at any level other than 20, is there?
    Indeed, giving later AR a higher starting level would rate them prematurely.

I even expect (think I mentioned this before) they'll eventually enable this for classic races as well, an option to skip the first 20 levels, possibly unlocked on a race-by-race basis, giving each a certain unlock requirement, or for all of them, for e.g. having X characters above level Y - 5 and 110 or 10 and 60, you catch my drift, I hope.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by boyzma View Post
    Thing is though, you want it to sound like Blizzard is intentionally giving Alliance "bottom of the barrel" races because they like Horde more. Pretty sure out of the huge huge team that are working on this expansion, many of them play Alliance....would be interesting to see the actual numbers. I really don't think they're playing favorites for either faction. Look at Legion and all the people crying Blizzard bias for Alliance, now look at BfA......people crying Horde bias. So there ya go...they even things out. Seriously, I really think people need to just cool their jets on the ally races and wait and see. AND if they don't get what they want...just.....stop....quit....both factions.....it's annoying. I'm done
    I don't actually think that they intentionally doing this, rather they are doing it unintentionally. And while their dev team is huge, the team that actually makes decisions like what Allied Races to implement is not huge at all.

Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    HE's don't really exist in large enough numbers anymore to even consider being playable.
    Quote Originally Posted by SirBeef View Post
    am fine with VE's.
    Except there are even less VE than HE.
    Last edited by mmocbe30b8209e; 2018-03-16 at 07:27 PM.

Deleted
    I don't actually think that they intentionally doing this, rather they are doing it unintentionally. And while their dev team is huge, the team that actually makes decisions like what Allied Races to implement is not huge at all.
    As the saying goes, never attribute to malice what can be attributed to stupidity. Like you I don't think they intentionally gave the Alliance the bottom of the barrel races its just the Alliance really didn't have any 'major picks' like the Horde did with Zandalari Trolls and AU Orc clans. There was High Elves but I get the feeling they really didn't want to give the Alliance Blood Elves but with blue eyes and so created the Void Elves to get around that considering their lore and their sudden introduction really feels like an asspull just to get around that.

What they are is kind of schizophrenic. They're willing to barely change a race just to add tattoos and horns (Lightforged and High Mountain) as long as their kept within the same faction but not do the same for races that aren't...yet they are since the Nightborne are pretty much Night Elves...so...yeah...no explanation there.

Just got invited to the alpha today.

Homophobia is so gay.

Did someone check the code of the website if new races are present?

7+ Year Old Account
    I found my favorite NPC in BfA.

Flynn Fairwind
    "Love all, trust a few,do wrong to none."

Quote Originally Posted by Jellykiss View Post
    OMG, I got alpha! *doing a happy dance*
    I've been active since vanilla and I have BfA.(just for reference)
    Same lol funny enough, it rolled out to half of my raiding guildies too.

WHEN are we getting idle poses? They've developed at least twenty or so.

7+ Year Old Account
    Here is another angle from another area. I really hope they give him a VO. I enjoyed his quests so far.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ilir View Post
    Just got invited to the alpha today.
    Congrats! What class do you plan on testing?

Here is another angle from another area. I really hope they give him a VO. I enjoyed his quests so far.
    Gotta like how the shovel is bigger than that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Ddi
    Blizzard about Alliance Allied races:

We know that many in the Alliance want High Elves, so let's give them Blood Elf silhouette and animation that those from the Alliance were fine to change, but make this new elf race as different from High Elves as possible in every other way possible because that makes sense.

We also know that many wanted Wildhammer Dwarves but as they are too similar to normal dwarves, we decided to implement a less requested Dark Iron Dwarves instead who would provide a more different experience to the players. At the same time, let's give Alliance an almost identical race to Draenei that barely anyone wanted because that makes sense.

Also we would like Kul'Tiran humans to be a playable race as well but we understand that passing off differently built humans as a separate race would be controversial so we decided to make their models ugly. Because that also makes so much sense.

It's as if Blizzard tries to give Alliance as terrible options as possible to see what they can get away with.
    You're not the only one seeing it like this.

The point is that there'll always be enough players to make even the most ridiculous additions profitable. Others will resort to their service out of desperation(ie high elf fans changing their characters' race to void elves because they'll take anything at this point; vrykul fans possibly takin the Kul Tiran ogre-men and so on).

10+ Year Old Account
    SNIP

=D
    give up dat booty
    Quote Originally Posted by Pendra View Post
    <3
    For the matriarchy.

Quote Originally Posted by Hammerzeit View Post
    Congrats! What class do you plan on testing?
    Shadowpriest, Demonology warlock and survival hunter first since I'm playing them currently.

But I'll do all the specs eventually ! But in the end I'm mostly invited to the alpha/beta because I always find some odd translations (i play in french) and I spent most of my time reading all of the dialogues etc

Well I have no proof it is the reason why i'm always invited.... but I'm pretty sure that's it.

Homophobia is so gay.

7+ Year Old Account

/tenchar