Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

why "kultiran" and not Vyrkul for the alliance

all of the alliance races are complete ass pulls with the exception of the dark iron dwarves, void elves and light forged draenei came out of nowhere, no previous lore.. nothing. meanwhile the horde gets the zandalari which we've hear from for years and the nigthborne that had basically half of an expansion expanding and telling their story... Wtf is a void elf... how when and where are light forged draenei made. We get all but a 30 sec intro telling us this. Now we get kultiran human, that has everything to do with the new expansion but nothing to do with the lore before other then jainas people, so if jaina is from kultiras whyisnt she fat like the "kultiran" human model. This all seems very one sided, kinda of frustrating tbh

i'd guess it has something to do with us being in the Kul'Tiras expansion

That much is obvious to almost everyone. Three asspull races and one proper race(DI dwarves). I'm happy that at least the Horde didn't get the same treatment, although the nightborne are a borderline asspull too, but they've at least had a proper introduction.

The reason why - at this point - could only be that it makes more sense, because it looks like they're actively looking for ways to add something that doesn't make sense to have.

Too big.

Not relevant to the expansion.

Limited class options.

Kul Tirans being in this expansion PLUS Vrykul = two "big humans" = shitfit.

Valajar/Odyn/Stormheim not received well.

Why would Vrykul be opposed to the horde? Vrykul for alliance makes as little sense as Arakoa for alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    Why would Vrykul be opposed to the horde? Vrykul for alliance makes as little sense as Arakoa for alliance.
    well obviously becuz they are big humans they would ally with little humans and they dont like sylvanas so that means they would follow a small boy king

Quote Originally Posted by ohwell View Post
    1. Sylvanas tries to enslave Eyir
    2. Makes pact with Helya, Odyn's sworn enemy
    3. Shared Titanic heritage with dwarves and gnomes
    4. Prophecy that foretold Sigryn gaining the approval of both men and vrykul.

if we ever get the ethereal as a race, we would never fucking complain about it.

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    nigthborne that had basically half of an expansion expanding and telling their story
    Kultiran humans will probably have the same. Why the hate?

Of course, I'd rather have seen Vrykul or Ethereals or Nagas.....but apparently Blizz doesn't ask me :P

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    1. Sylvanas tries to enslave Eyir
    2. Makes pact with Helya, Odyn's sworn enemy
    3. Shared Titanic heritage with dwarves and gnomes
    4. Prophecy that foretold Sigryn gaining the approval of both men and vrykul.
    Alliance: Vrykul
    Horde: Kvaldir.

Muahahahaaaaa!

The Vrykul, enraged by the attempted enslavement of Eyir, join the Alliance. The Kvaldir, dishonored dead in Helheim, must bend their knee to the new "Queen of the Damned" Sylvanas who has taken up Helya's place.

Problem solved!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

They’d have to change Vrykul to work. And it’d be a very high chance that the look they come up with is not what people would want. Building something from nothing is easier to get people to accept than ruining something that already exists.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

Muahahahaaaaa!

The Vrykul, enraged by the attempted enslavement of Eyir, join the Alliance. The Kvaldir, dishonored dead in Helheim, must bend their knee to the new "Queen of the Damned" Sylvanas who has taken up Helya's place.

Problem solved!
    That would have been neat.

I imagine the Vrykul ambassador laughing at Anduin and promptly cutting him in half

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post

Muahahahaaaaa!

Problem solved!
    Stormheim's story should have been us redeeming Helya and killing Odyn for being the piece of shit who drove Helya mad in the first place.

I think a good compromise for people who want(ed) vrykul would be Arathi/Arathor humans. Easier said than done lore-wise, but it definitely would appeal to most vrykul fans, which really are more drawn to the Norse/Barbarian aspect of the Vrykul than the large stature.

I think a good compromise for people who want(ed) vrykul would be Arathi/Arathor humans. Easier said than done lore-wise, but it definitely would appeal to most vrykul fans, which really are more drawn to the Norse/Barbarian aspect of the Vrykul than the large stature.

Flashes of Khal Drogo on that middle one. mmmmmmm. brb!

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    Because no matter what you ppl get, you complain
    it actually matters, if you werent paying attention

You can also have the Vrykul serve as a "mentor" role to them, like Void Elves and Ethereals.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Kul'Tirans are only like 8 feet tall where as Vrykuls are like 20+?

GL fitting into any building if they made a Vrykuls playable.
    "It's not what we don't know that gets us into trouble; it's what we know for sure that just ain't so." ~ Mark Twain
    "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time" ~ Jesus of Nazareth
    "把它放在我的屁股,爸爸" ~ Dalai Lama

Quote Originally Posted by Monkeymoo View Post
    Flashes of Khal Drogo on that middle one. mmmmmmm. brb!
    Yeah, pretty badass, credit to @shoc for making those a few years back. Imagine all the beard and tattoo options!