Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    The point is that something coming in contact with the Earth is not orbiting the Earth. I'm glad 7 people confirmed my point while I was at dinner.
    Seven people did not confirm you point. What happened is that seven people tried to reason with you and you acted like a total dick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    There are no 2 species that are 100% identical.
    Quote Originally Posted by Redditor
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Everything on orbit falls towards Earth. To stay on orbit they need to move sideways fast enough that they miss the curvature of Earth, thus staying in orbit. The closer the object is, the faster it needs to move.

- - - Updated - - -

Not the Moon though. It's moving a tad too fast, it is getting away from us.
    ummm, but I thought the earth was flat?

/sarcasm, i was also being sarcastic with the post you quoted. was going for a Magnets, how do they work angle joke
    It's been a while actually since I've received a message from scrapbot...need to drink more i guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Butter Emails View Post
    Trump is a complete shitbag that's draining the country's coffers to stuff his own.
    It must be a day ending in Y.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not twisting your words. You said that things that orbit the Earth are falling towards it, which is patently false. You can pretend you didn't say it, but you did. You were wrong.

It's OK though, because I'm guessing that's not what you meant, and I was correcting the falsehood you accidentally wrote.

Can we agree that this Chinese space station is not in orbit?
    The point is that something coming in contact with the Earth is not orbiting the Earth. I'm glad 7 people confirmed my point while I was at dinner.
    Are you saying the Chinese space station is touching the earth?

For what it's worth, "decaying orbit" is clearly a thing, as evidenced by the mountain of papers written on decaying orbits:
    https://scholar.google.com/scholar?h...orbit%22&btnG=
    can you leftist twits just fucking admit that quantum mechanics has fuck all to do with thermodynamics, that shit is just a pose?

10+ Year Old Account
    Reading this thread, I'm wondering why in the hell so many people are being so pedantic about the definition of "orbit" when it has absolutely nothing to do with the subject at hand.
    “Do not lose time on daily trivialities. Do not dwell on petty detail. For all of these things melt away and drift apart within the obscure traffic of time. Live well and live broadly. You are alive and living now. Now is the envy of all of the dead.” ~ Emily3, World of Tomorrow
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Kaleredar is right...
    Words to live by.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Souls View Post
    So there's a chance this thing could land in the United States? I thought Trump's tariffs were supposed to put an end to the Chinese dumping their steel here.
    Possible. Though it's about as likely that it will land back in China.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

Quote Originally Posted by Grimjinx View Post
    It's not going to hit Germany, but it could hit southern Europe although it's more likely it'll land in Africa or South America and even more likely to land in the Ocean. Although it's also very likely it's not really going to hit anything, It is not aerodynamic and it will most likely be torn into thousands of pieces that'll burn up in the atmosphere.

And if it does land somewhere and injure or kill people It's most probably nothing will happen, no conflicts. However there is an international treaty on damage reparation caused by debris from space

"The compensation which the launching State shall be liable to pay for damage under this Convention shall be determined in accordance with international law and the principles of justice and equity, in order to provide such reparation in respect of the damage as will restore the person, natural or juridical, State or international organization on whose behalf the claim is presented to the condition which would have existed if the damage had not occurred."

If you get hit by stuff launched by your own government you'd better hope you're insured because that's a whole different story.
    You're a moron.

The second there ISN'T fallout from this crash, is the second USA is going to "deploy three new skylabs" every month, and then three years later "they're wobbling and we don't know where or when they are going to crash nobody can predict this oooooohhh" and then we'll watch them land exactly on top of the things we fucking want to die because that's fucking cakewalk maths.

That means, without any doubts, that if this shit lands anywhere it injures people, there WILL be war, or the country that is struck not demanding compensation is making a tipping hat trade with the other country to deliberately kill its own undesirables through prolonged space missile missions.

You'd be a bigger moron if you didn't do your research to find out crashing shit in the right spot three years from now is so fucking easy, for God sakes they are shooting space vessels within meters of jupiter and mars.
    Last edited by Thoughtful Trolli; 2018-03-15 at 08:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Thoughtful Trolli View Post
    You're a moron.

The second there ISN'T fallout from this crash, is the second USA is going to "deploy three new skylabs" every month, and then three years later "they're wobbling and we don't know where or when they are going to crash nobody can predict this oooooohhh" and then we'll watch them land exactly on top of the things we fucking want to die because that's fucking cakewalk maths.

That means, without any doubts, that if this shit lands anywhere it injures people, there WILL be war, or the country that is struck not demanding compensation is making a tipping hat trade with the other country to deliberately kill its own undesirables through prolonged space missile missions.

You'd be a bigger moron if you didn't do your research to find out crashing shit in the right spot three years from now is so fucking easy, for God sakes they are shooting space vessels within meters of jupiter and mars.
    Next time before calling people names do some research? Because space debris has already hit peoples property in the past. And never has it come to war. Just like there are much worse things done by countries to other countries without it coming to war.

Secondly the reason why its not possible to know exactly where the debris is going to land is because it isn't a rocket. It's a tube flying at tremendous speeds being spun around once it reaches any kind of air resistance and eventually will break apart into hundreds of not thousands of pieces all with a different drag and can be spread out over a huge area.

Thirdly there are many smaller objects in space crashing down towards earth on a daily basis that aren't even tracked because we have no means to do so yet.

It's apparent you're very emotional about this topic going from the nonsensical drivel filled with cuss words you've posted here. However it's clear you have little understanding about space, the atmosphere, diplomacy, war and probably a whole plethora of different subject as well.

Next time you feel the need to vent your frustrations I'd suggest you take a step back, count to ten and think before you make yourself look like an idiot again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    Possible. Though it's about as likely that it will land back in China.

China is in the blue circle not even in the path. Assuming the green area is where it may land.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post

China is in the blue circle not even in the path. Assuming the green area is where it may land.
    What you've circled is part of Russia.

Warning : Above post may contain snark and/or sarcasm. Try reparsing with the /s argument before replying.
    What the world has learned is that America is never more than one election away from losing its goddamned mind
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Tayler
    Political conservatism is just atavism with extra syllables and a necktie.
    Me on Elite : Dangerous | My WoW characters

It's humorous that just the other day, Detnew's listed lower Michigan as a high impact probability of the Chinese space station. Good times. I'll be sitting back waiting for it to crater Oakland County, or Detroit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Masark View Post
    What you've circled is part of Russia.

Ops. Swore I read that as china on the map I was looking at, but you are right. I fail at geography.

Quote Originally Posted by announced View Post
    When i heard of the Chinese space station hitting Earth I thought they had the equivalent of the ISS and it was going to crash into Earth. that would be troublesome, but according to the post above if its only 10m long and 3m wide, who cares. it will probably burn up in the atmosphere.
    When i heard of the Chinese space station hitting Earth I thought Made in China......

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    Are you saying the Chinese space station is touching the earth?
    It will be.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    Seven people did not confirm you point. What happened is that seven people tried to reason with you and you acted like a total dick.
    If asking questions about someone else's argument is 'acting like a total dick' then you have a severely limited viewpoint on what a successful argument is.

If asking questions about someone else's argument is 'acting like a total dick' then you have a severely limited viewpoint on what a successful argument is.
    This sequence of replies is you being a dick:
    So I am, in fact, orbiting the Earth.
    So I am, in fact, orbiting the center of the Earth.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Let's hope it lands on the White House

Quote Originally Posted by Garnier Fructis View Post
    This sequence of replies is you being a dick:
    That is a sequence of me stating facts based on the other person's argument. The statements are obviously false, making the other argument null and void.

That is a sequence of me stating facts based on the other person's argument. The statements are obviously false, making the other argument null and void.
    It's not you stating facts. It's you failing to understand what people are explaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Hilhen7 View Post
    It's not you stating facts. It's you failing to understand what people are explaining.
    I'm glad you agree with me that they are not facts. Things on a crash course for Earth are not considered in orbit. Unless the trajectory is corrected. Which it won't be. So it's not orbiting. It's crashing.

I'm glad you agree with me that they are not facts. Things on a crash course for Earth are not considered in orbit. Unless the trajectory is corrected. Which it won't be. So it's not orbiting. It's crashing.
    The satellite is still up, so explain to me how it's not currently in orbit?