Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Nearby, preventing you from fast traveling.
    Better than Vrykul based on the simple fact that Vrykul have horrible voice actors with a terrible 'boom' effect layered over it to make them sound even worse. Kul Tirans will be free of that.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    I like this forum. Beer bellies =/= fat. Yay!
    To say they're not at least a little fat is wrong, but the point is there's nothing wrong with that. It's part of their race's fantasy. Not every race needs to have a muscular, toned physique. I know I'd prefer my tanks to have a little meat on their bones when they're the wall between the heals and dps and some massive beast.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BananaHandsB View Post
    To say they're not at least a little fat is wrong, but the point is there's nothing wrong with that. It's part of their race's fantasy. Not every race needs to have a muscular, toned physique. I know I'd prefer my tanks to have a little meat on their bones when they're the wall between the heals and dps and some massive beast.
    I agree with the sentiment but the Kul Tiran males are LITERALLY muscular and toned.

I like the look of 'em, though I probably wouldn't roll one myself. Males have definitely got a power lifter vibe.

I think the odd thing is - males clearly take influence from Vrykul. It's especially apparent in the face. The implication seems pretty clear, these dudes are the product of ancient interbreeding between humans and Drust. Were Drust vrykul? Looks likely.

But the females don't have any vrykul characteristics. When we first saw the males, I assumed the women would end up looking like more pear-shaped vrykul ladies, and that's not the case. I don't know what the people who call them 'obese' are smoking. But they definitely come off as soft and matronly, and not the beasts that the males look like. They undeniably could have made them look a bit fiercer and more powerful.

Deleted
    They are big. That is enough to differentiate them from normal humans. So, it's good enough for me.

Kul Tirans aren’t fat, they are just fluffy from all the beer.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chemical Ellis View Post
    I like the look of 'em, though I probably wouldn't roll one myself. Males have definitely got a power lifter vibe.

I think the odd thing is - males clearly take influence from Vrykul. It's especially apparent in the face. The implication seems pretty clear, these dudes are the product of ancient interbreeding between humans and Drust. Were Drust vrykul? Looks likely.

But the females don't have any vrykul characteristics. When we first saw the males, I assumed the women would end up looking like more pear-shaped vrykul ladies, and that's not the case. I don't know what the people who call them 'obese' are smoking. But they definitely come off as soft and matronly, and not the beasts that the males look like. They undeniably could have made them look a bit fiercer and more powerful.
    I'm not caught up on the lore of the Drust completely yet, but from what I've read they were a splinter group of the Vrykul who practiced death magic. Hence why the KT humans can be druids, and their forms resemble the Drust. (Bear form so far I believe.)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    They're more muscular and stocky than fat, other than their belly.
    So I guess they are fat after all.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    No, they aren't. Point out to me where you see fat other than their belly. Because WoW definitely should be borrowing from GoT.... lol.

- - - Updated - - -

This. And it's not usually people who are considered ''Fat'' that complain. It's pale, mid height guys that resemble the datamined skeleton humans that usually woof the most at things that aren't anorexic elves.
    No one here needs to be a Chef to complain about food. The Kul'tiras are fat BECAUSE of the goddamn belly. It's literally the problem of the model - oversized belly.

I guess you are not apt to complain about Blizzard's modeling since you don't even work in the industry, right?

10+ Year Old Account
    I agree with the sentiment but the Kul Tiran males are LITERALLY muscular and toned.
    If they were "literally muscular and toned", they wouldn't have a fat belly.

They are a little overweight, as can be seen by the belly. However, they are also very muscular. So, it's both.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    No one here needs to be a Chef to complain about food. The Kul'tiras are fat BECAUSE of the goddamn belly. It's literally the problem of the model - oversized belly.

I guess you are not apt to complain about Blizzard's modeling since you don't even work in the industry, right?
    What? Since when is the stomach/belly the comparison factor between fat and muscly? What does the abdomen have to do with veins popping out of their biceps because they are so big? I'm not saying they don't have a belly. I'm saying that describing them as fat because of one part of their body is stupid. The real fat race, for example are Pandaren.

7+ Year Old Account
    Muscular, "stocky" women:

Kul'tiran women:

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    So I guess they are fat after all.
    If you're missing eyes and think their whole being is simply their stomach and nothing else, just a floating stomach, go ahead lul.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    If they were "literally muscular and toned", they wouldn't have a fat belly.
    If you have that much muscle and no fat, you're doing something very wrong. Most likely you're eating to little.

People think to much of Bodybuilders when they think "muscular".

Female Kul'Tiras look like they are in the 2nd trimester of their pregnancy.

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd like some more muscle definition on the women, definitely. But their skin also looks like it's not -done- yet. It's almost plasticky, even compared to other races in the game.

So I'm good for what they are, now, but I hope they get to be even better. Whatever they wind up looking like, mine will be covered in Plate Armor so it won't -really- matter that much?
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

They're more muscular and stocky than fat, other than their belly.
    In other words, they're fat.

I don't mind the plump and softness of the female Kul'tiras, but I surely wouldn't mind if there was a more toned version to match the males more. It's okay to give her some muscle too.

...with an incredibly fat belly. It's not like muscular and fat are exclusive. They're muscular in areas of their bodies, and fat in other places. But the fat is still there.