Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Sure LF are kinda lame but so are the highmountain imo.

Void elves are a new thing and that isn't inherently bad unless blizz leaves them on the shelf with no future development.

Kul tirans are the alliance story they will get development.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    You can also have the Vrykul serve as a "mentor" role to them, like Void Elves and Ethereals.
    Actually that sounds like it would be a great idea! I honestly would love see someone draft up a barbarian human allied race fan concept. It would also be fitting imo, since Blizzard has returned to the "older" cultures with the Nightborne representing an evolution of the Ancient Highborne and the mag'har orcs from Draenor. It would only be fitting for there to be Arathor-style humans as a representation of humanity's roots.

Quote Originally Posted by Atethecat View Post
    Actually that sounds like it would be a great idea! I honestly would love see someone draft up a barbarian human allied race fan concept. It would also be fitting imo, since Blizzard has returned to the "older" cultures with the Nightborne representing an evolution of the Ancient Highborne and the mag'har orcs from Draenor. It would only be fitting for there to be Arathor-style humans as a representation of humanity's roots.
    It would work perfectly, and I think it has a much better chance than just Vrykul, but the problem is that it means that Vrykul most likely won't be playable.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    Alliance: Vrykul
    Horde: Kvaldir.

Muahahahaaaaa!

The Vrykul, enraged by the attempted enslavement of Eyir, join the Alliance. The Kvaldir, dishonored dead in Helheim, must bend their knee to the new "Queen of the Damned" Sylvanas who has taken up Helya's place.

Problem solved!
    Huh. Neat idea.

Alliance: Vrykul
    Horde: Kvaldir.

Muahahahaaaaa!

The Vrykul, enraged by the attempted enslavement of Eyir, join the Alliance. The Kvaldir, dishonored dead in Helheim, must bend their knee to the new "Queen of the Damned" Sylvanas who has taken up Helya's place.

Problem solved!
    Except that the battlelord went to Hellheim to get the horn, which Odyn probably has now, to summon the kvaldir to do his bidding.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dirk123 View Post
    Except that the battlelord went to Hellheim to get the horn, which Odyn probably has now, to summon the kvaldir to do his bidding.
    Easy problem to solve: Sylvanas sends the player to the Halls of Valor to go get the Horn, citing the contract she made with Helya that places her in charge of the Dishonored Dead. Make it part of the Allied Race Scenario Unlock.

Odyn would -never- be so dishonorable as to break a contract, riiiiiiight?

Anywho, yeah. Lots of ways to handle it, if it's something they -actually- wanted.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Because fcking Blizzard really hates Alliance. Everything we want they twist and spit. Void Elves - poor parody making playable High Elves. Kul Tirasian - overgrown parody on Vrykul. Meanwhile Horde gets brown orcs, straight back orcs, straight back trolls, their own Night Elves and new Taurens.

Fuck Blizzard.

I think a good compromise for people who want(ed) vrykul would be Arathi/Arathor humans. Easier said than done lore-wise, but it definitely would appeal to most vrykul fans, which really are more drawn to the Norse/Barbarian aspect of the Vrykul than the large stature.
    Yeah. Support that idea.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    all of the alliance races are complete ass pulls with the exception of the dark iron dwarves, void elves and light forged draenei came out of nowhere, no previous lore.. nothing. meanwhile the horde gets the zandalari which we've hear from for years and the nigthborne that had basically half of an expansion expanding and telling their story... Wtf is a void elf... how when and where are light forged draenei made. We get all but a 30 sec intro telling us this. Now we get kultiran human, that has everything to do with the new expansion but nothing to do with the lore before other then jainas people, so if jaina is from kultiras whyisnt she fat like the "kultiran" human model. This all seems very one sided, kinda of frustrating tbh
    Because there weren't tons of topics discussing KT humans already right? We totally needed YOUR opinion on them in a new, special snowflake topic!
    Appreciate your time with friends and family while they're here. Don't wait until they're gone to tell them what they mean to you.

Quote Originally Posted by berdrek View Post
    all of the alliance races are complete ass pulls with the exception of the dark iron dwarves, void elves and light forged draenei came out of nowhere, no previous lore.. nothing. meanwhile the horde gets the zandalari which we've hear from for years and the nigthborne that had basically half of an expansion expanding and telling their story... Wtf is a void elf... how when and where are light forged draenei made. We get all but a 30 sec intro telling us this. Now we get kultiran human, that has everything to do with the new expansion but nothing to do with the lore before other then jainas people, so if jaina is from kultiras whyisnt she fat like the "kultiran" human model. This all seems very one sided, kinda of frustrating tbh
    Because if you actually knew the lore, you would know that the Kul'tirans were once apart of the alliance when it was just the seven kingdoms of man. It is less of an asspull for some one who left the Alliance after their job was done to rejoin it than to have the Vyrkul join it.

Not just that, you know... the whole relevancy aspect of us questing through out their island for half the expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Augrelle View Post
    Because if you actually knew the lore, you would know that the Kul'tirans were once apart of the alliance when it was just the seven kingdoms of man. It is less of an asspull for some one who left the Alliance after their job was done to rejoin it than to have the Vyrkul join it.

Not just that, you know... the whole relevancy aspect of us questing through out their island for half the expansion.
    No, asspull is them being half giants just for sake of them to be an allied race.

Easy problem to solve: Sylvanas sends the player to the Halls of Valor to go get the Horn, citing the contract she made with Helya that places her in charge of the Dishonored Dead. Make it part of the Allied Race Scenario Unlock.

Odyn would -never- be so dishonorable as to break a contract, riiiiiiight?

Anywho, yeah. Lots of ways to handle it, if it's something they -actually- wanted.
    Pfft... IF WOW was a true RPG. Refuse this command from the corpse witch..... God appointed psychopath rulers are meant to be overthrown.

Quote Originally Posted by Saverem View Post
    Because Kul'Tirans are only like 8 feet tall where as Vrykuls are like 20+?

GL fitting into any building if they made a Vrykuls playable.
    They can shrink them like they did with the Zandalari.They aren't far from the Tauren and could stand one head above them.

In fact, here is a perfect scale for them.
    Last edited by Darktbs; 2018-03-16 at 11:25 PM.
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

I think they made a new model for Kul Tirans because the Vrykul's are a bit deformed with their necks being almost completely horizontal (their eyes are at about the same height as their shoulders), just like Tauren. Perhaps a result of trying to fit through all those doors

What works for cows doesn't necessarily work for humans and it might have required a lot of manual adjustments to fit head-gear.

Of course the added bonus of the Kul Tiran models is that they are can reused for Ogres or an Ogre-like race later on.

I think that if they had added Vrykul beard and hair style options for the male Kul Tiran there wouldn't be so many complaints.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I imagine the Vrykul ambassador laughing at Anduin and promptly cutting him in half
    I can imaging one trying only to get his axe blocked by a shield of the Light and Anduin not even flinching.

As to, "so if Jaina is from Kul'Tiras why isn't she fat like the "Kul'Tiran" human model." She uses thin magic. She's quite powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Broken Fox View Post
    I imagine the Vrykul ambassador laughing at Anduin and promptly cutting him in half
    I imagine most ambassadors doing that, and that's why we're sent as diplomats.

Because blizzard hates the Alliance. So they will get shitty quest experience and shitty allied races. Yup, im triggered.

10+ Year Old Account
    1. Sylvanas tries to enslave Eyir
    2. Makes pact with Helya, Odyn's sworn enemy
    3. Shared Titanic heritage with dwarves and gnomes
    4. Prophecy that foretold Sigryn gaining the approval of both men and vrykul.
    It's quite possible for Horde to gain the Northrend Vrykul, and Alliance to grab the Valajar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Quote Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
    I can imaging one trying only to get his axe blocked by a shield of the Light and Anduin not even flinching.

As to, "so if Jaina is from Kul'Tiras why isn't she fat like the "Kul'Tiran" human model." She uses thin magic. She's quite powerful.
    He’s not Yoda. I don’t think Anduin’s capable of that yet.

By the time we get Vykrul he should be.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    Because fcking Blizzard really hates Alliance. Everything we want they twist and spit. Void Elves - poor parody making playable High Elves. Kul Tirasian - overgrown parody on Vrykul. Meanwhile Horde gets brown orcs, straight back orcs, straight back trolls, their own Night Elves and new Taurens.

Fuck Blizzard.

Yeah. Support that idea.
    Just because you dislike them doesn't mean the alliance "blizzard really hates the alliance".