Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Is it true that people vote for presidents by looking at their looks/status ?

Is it true that people vote for presidents by looking at their looks/social status/who ever screams the loudest and not looking at their manifestos etc?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by skidfromsteamwheedlecarte View Post
    Is it true that people vote for presidents by looking at their looks/social status/who ever screams the loudest and not looking at their manifestos etc?
    Wasn't that how Trump won?
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Herald of the Titans Amaterasu65's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    I guess that should apply to all previous Presidents then.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gehco View Post
    Well, thats another debate

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't vote for Trump cause he looked good, or cause Hillary looks bad.

I voted for Trump cause America is going to hell in a handbasket regardless of who won, may as well go full throttle into this firestorm
    We're all newbs, some are just more newbier than others.

Just a burned out hardcore raider turned casual.
    I'm tired. So very tired. Can I just lay my head on your lap and fall asleep?
    #TeamFuckEverything

A lot of Blacks voted for Obama because he's black, women for Hillary because she's a woman, etc. So... maybe?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

I voted for Trump cause America is going to hell in a handbasket regardless of who won, may as well go full throttle into this firestorm
    Is that what you're telling yourself? smh

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SinR View Post

This is the bestest most infallible logic I have ever come across .
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

There is no 'correct' way to vote. You vote for whomever you want, for any reason. That is the will of democracy.

Generally yea, the looks of the president makes the person more voteworthy for some reason. There is a reason a lot of politicians have very similar hairstyles, they are trying to appeal to a look that is popular at the moment.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    A lot of Blacks voted for Obama because he's black, women for Hillary because she's a woman, etc. So... maybe?
    And then we finally got somebody to cultivate the stupidity vote and prove it isn't all about looks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonnusthegreat View Post
    There is no 'correct' way to vote. You vote for whomever you want, for any reason. That is the will of democracy.
    He asked if people do this, not if it's correct or not.

OP: I wouldn't be surprised if some people did at least vote solely for the candidate the fits their demographic (intentionally or otherwise). I.E. women voting for Hilary and black people voting for Obama. But crossing party lines to vote for the person that fits your demographic is not something I've seen a lot really.
    Last edited by Spacewalrus2010; 2018-03-16 at 11:10 PM.

Who became your student body president in high school? Why did you vote for that person? Same principles, just on a larger scale.

Some people vote for a certain candidate because their family told them to.

Some people vote for a certain candidate because they share a similar trait.

Some people vote for a certain candidate because their firm/company is leaned a certain way and their jobs could depend on it.

Some people vote for a certain candidate by doing a coin flip or circling a random number.

Some people vote for a certain candidate because they were bribed to do so.

I could go like this all day, point is, not everyone looks at policy and tries to make a reasonable choice and thinks about the greater good. And anything else you might consider being "a normal way to vote for someone".

Yes they do. There were women that voted for Clinton (Bill) because he looked better. They say that the taller of the candidates has an advantage.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post

Some people vote for a certain candidate because their firm/company is leaned a certain way and their jobs could depend on it.

Some people vote for a certain candidate by doing a coin flip or circling a random number.

I could go like this all day, point is, not everyone looks at policy and tries to make a reasonable choice and thinks about the greater good. And anything else you might consider being "a normal way to vote for someone".
    Maybe Plato was right about democracy along.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedius View Post
    This. If I said this, I'd be infracted and banned for a few days, am I allowed to agree if someone else says it? The unfair thing is, many blacks openly admitted voting for Obama simply because he was black... and its considered ok. Many women voted for Hillary just because she is a woman, and again that is ok... but if you vote for someone because he is male and white you are a racist and hate women.

I vote for people because of their ideas... when a black woman candidate is pro 2nd amendment, wants to cut taxes, cut welfare, and brutalize criminals, and her white male opponent is a liberal, she will get my vote.

No, but out of all the millions of people we have, I'm sure there's a least a dozen who vote for president based on looks alone.

When did we have a handsome president? Kennedy back in 1960?

"This will be a fight against overwhelming odds from which survival cannot be expected. We will do what damage we can."

-- Capt. Copeland

Of course they do. One of my relatives decided she couldn't support Ted Cruz because his face was weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Archon14 View Post

And some people just vote based on if its has an R or D next to the name.

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    Can you define what "a lot" is?

Most of those people vote democrat anyway. I'm sure there's a statistical difference but I don't think I would say it's " a lot".

It's also blatantly false that women voted for Clinton solely because she's a woman. At least not to anything close to a statistical difference. In fact, more women voted for Obama.

- - - Updated - - -

I think you mean most.
    Yes but i was just going with his general them of putting "some people".