Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    wing commander (the reason why i start to play on pc and trade all my other stuff to get it then)

other great great games
    ultima 7 black gate
    world of warcraft
    warcraft games
    counter-strike early betas
    UFO: Enemy Unknown

10+ Year Old Account
    The standard by which I judged rpgs for most of my life was morrowind. It has always been the closest thing to a perfect game I could imagine. I've spent countless hours just trying to do everything, explore everything, talk to everyone and see all the different things they had to say.
    Since then there have been some really captivating and immersive games but nothing really blew my mind like stepping off the boat for the first time.
    Until the witcher 3. In my opinion that game has completely raised the bar for immersion, challenging and thoughtful gameplay, exploration, and interesting dialogue. I don't think I've ever played a more perfect rpg.
    Some others have been wow(obviously), eq1, kotor1&2, shadow of the colossus, fallout new vegas and skyrim but they all in some way don't hold a candle to the witcher 3.

runescape, when i first played it it's literally all i thought about, and talked about on the bus, and to my fellow nerds at school

haha

- Final Fantasy XII
    - Vagrant Story
    - The Witcher 3
    - Shadow Hearts
    - Rogue Galaxy

Quote Originally Posted by Crispin View Post
    Defender of the crown, later on Star Wars Galaxies and recently PUBG have made a pretty big impression.

- - - Updated - - -

Eh what? First you say none cause "you're mature" altho it seems more like you're insecure, and then you proceed to mention something, which by your definition makes you immature?
    Then i guess i'm immature

The three games that gripped my nuts and never let go for the entire ride were WoW, Mass Effect 2 and Horizon Zero Dawn. Still have lots to catch up on, but will get there eventually.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Donald Hellscream View Post
    I mean the first video game I've ever played was probably the first crash Bandicoot when I was 6 years old back in '98 so I guess that was my gateway into gaming in general.

However since WoW was my first ever mmo-rpg and it was unlike anything my 13 year old self had ever played I have to go with WoW its almost disgusting how much time I've spend on the game since I started playing in November 2005.
    you and me both, I was 19 when it came out in 2004.....still can't believe fourteen years later and I'm still playing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    WoW.
    Final Fantasy IX
    Rogue Galaxy. <--- This game would have done a lot better if they had waited to release it on ps3.
    Grand Theft Auto San Andreas
    Oblivion

All of those games I was instantly hooked and probably put 50+ if not 100+ hours into. WoW is probably close to hitting 5 digits in played time, perhaps already over.
    Last edited by Chickat; 2018-03-17 at 12:15 AM.

I can think of 3:

Dragon Age Origins got me into RPGs. I had previously played KOTOR on Xbox but nothing quite compares to the days where I almost literally played Origins all day long.

Company of Heroes really got me into PC gaming. A friend recommended that I buy it, and my laptop was so trash it could only run it at 15-20 fps at minimal settings. For me the graphics still looked good and the gameplay blew me away.

And Planescape: Torment showed me that old games can still be great games.

Honorable mentions to WoW, Diablo II, and XCOM: Enemy Unknown for getting me interested in their respective genres.

Deleted
    Baldurs Gate 2
    Diablo 2
    KOTOR
    World of Warcraft.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by candys View Post
    CS:GO. That's my fav game of all time. Not so long ago I joined the professional team at https://dreamteam.gg/csgo/teams and started playing for real money. This is the first eSports network where everyone can choose players with different skill levels, pay salaries and even make contests.
    Yeah, not an advertisement at all.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2018-03-17 at 12:40 AM.

The Witcher 3 and WoW.

WC3
    TBC
    WotLK
    EVE Online

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by callipygoustp View Post
    Counter-Strike
    Followed by Ultima Online
    respect, for both

Personally, in the top position i'd put Half Life and Baldur's Gate

but the One is Ultima Online, for sure. Even today very few games give you the freedom of action that game had.

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably the first video game I played which was Dizzy on the Spectrum ZX... because from that moment I started to love video games.

I think it was this one...
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm. I remember CS:S was my first game...
    Then MW2, and right after that WoW.
    Then nothing really changed until last year when I bought Dark Souls, and that's about it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Crillam View Post
    Hmm. I remember CS:S was my first game...
    Then MW2, and right after that WoW.
    Then nothing really changed until last year when I bought Dark Souls, and that's about it.
    See, you say MW2 and probably mean Modern Warfare 2, when to me it means Mechwarrior 2...
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

WoW and Warcraft 2
    Front Mission 3
    Smackdown HctP
    C&C red Alert 2
    Dynasty Warrior series

The first 2 god of war games probably. Really sparked my interest in story heavy games, even though in retrospect the GoW story isn't THAT amazing.

Duke Nukem 3D.

Specifically, the Build engine that was bundled with it so you could tweak levels and make your own.

I was super young at the time and realising that an outside street area was just a room with Sky painted on the ceiling and the fronts of these "buildings" were just painted on to the walls really gave me an epiphany in how to look at something.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Skyrim
    Dark Souls 2
    Devil May Cry 3

10+ Year Old Account
    Guild Wars, loved it. All nighter for every expansion launch. 55hp monk was awesome
    Shame GW2 didn't grab me.