Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Why allied races get so much attention?

It's like people doesnt care at all about anything else! If you look at all the forums, official and fansites, about 80% of attention are about allied races and classes. Dont you care a bit about anything else? What about the new zones? The leveling experience and all the new features? I'm kinda worried because it's like majority will be just happy with some new races even if the content is lacking. Apart some abilities, allied races are just cosmetic.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

Deleted
    Because it is a prime feature of the new expansion, I don't understand your question at all. There obviously is hype for other things that aren't allied races, but allied races being in the spotlight isn't surprising at all. Just as Demon Hunters got all the attention pre Legion, Death Knights pre Wotlk, Draenei and Belf pre BC, etc. People are focusing on the aspect because that is the selling point this time.

There is not a ton of info on new features to discuss. New zones - mostly spoiler stuff.

New races - this is something we can actively talk about and discuss Plus, they are pretty cool

We haven't had new racial content for a long, long time.

Quote Originally Posted by riptal View Post
    It's like people doesnt care at all about anything else! If you look at all the forums, official and fansites, about 80% of attention are about allied races and classes. Dont you care a bit about anything else? What about the new zones? The leveling experience and all the new features? I'm kinda worried because it's like majority will be just happy with some new races even if the content is lacking. Apart some abilities, allied races are just cosmetic.
    When you make a post, you make it about one subject, not 3 subjects. They made their post about allied races. That doesn't mean there's nothing else they care about, it only means that at this point they wanted to talk about the allied races so they made a post about this.

Why is it so popular? Because it's something people asked for, so they're happy and can't wait to see what we get and wanna talk about it. Doesn't mean they don't care about anything else.

You sound like the crazy kids who think people are murderers if they don't 100% agree with gun control and gun confiscation. It's possible to care about more than just the thing you say, no one is opening their mouth to list everything single thing they care about in life.

It's like if I asked you "you don't care about PvP!??!?!??" just because you didn't mention PvP in your post, makes no sense lol, stop inventing stories in your head, read only the words people type and don't dig any further.

Because it's the main feature of BFA, and there is many allied races upcoming. MoP was the last expansion introducing a new race, so it's been a long time, and this time, it's not one or two races. We still don't know everything about them, so people are speculating and discussing their features.

What else would they talk about? The leveling zones aren't complete yet and without the whole storyline it's a bit of a waste of time though there is a lot of discussion on the quality of the horde vs alliance experience. The classes are also missing azerite armor right now so outside of every spec having a "this kinda looks lacking" topic on their own forums there's nothing much to say. Not to mention very few having access to the alpha so its really hard to discuss gameplay you can't actually play.
    Allied races however as a cosmetic feature can have discussions on their cosmetics. That and the fact more and more are coming can lead to speculation and people love to discuss the future and guess what might be next.
    We'll probably get more gameplay centric discussion once it goes beta and more people have access to it, not to mention once they actually put the rest of the dungeons, raids and max level content in, I dont think you can get past level 116 or something right now.

7+ Year Old Account
    I barely even bothered with the alliance allied races atleast one of them is good and other one was just a bad fanfiction to ruin the alliance lore of Warcraft 2.

I mostly stick with regular races like Humans, Draeneis, Blood Elves, and Orcs.
    High Elves and Wildhammer Dwarves are finally playable in the Alliance. XD

7+ Year Old Account
    people care about looks, variety and cosmetics.
    water is wet, the sky is blue and bees still produce enough honey to feed winnie the pooh.

more news at 11.

Formerly known as Arafal

Because they're one of the features we can look at and speculate about with anything more than pure masturbatory fantasizing? Why do you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    When you make a post, you make it about one subject, not 3 subjects. They made their post about allied races. That doesn't mean there's nothing else they care about, it only means that at this point they wanted to talk about the allied races so they made a post about this.

Why is it so popular? Because it's something people asked for, so they're happy and can't wait to see what we get and wanna talk about it. Doesn't mean they don't care about anything else.

You sound like the crazy kids who think people are murderers if they don't 100% agree with gun control and gun confiscation. It's possible to care about more than just the thing you say, no one is opening their mouth to list everything single thing they care about in life.

It's like if I asked you "you don't care about PvP!??!?!??" just because you didn't mention PvP in your post, makes no sense lol, stop inventing stories in your head, read only the words people type and don't dig any further.
    LOL You sound like someone who didnt had sex since a longtime. Let it go my friend! If you feel better now at least my post helped someone! Now, good luck with your girlfriend... if you you have one.
    Not sure if I'm a good guy but I'm working hard on it...

What information you have for Warfronts to get me excited?
    We get Raids, Dungeons every expansion so why should i be crazy about them?

There so little information about everything else that is not worth talking.The only other thing that there is to talk about is lore, which are bits and pieces of everything.

Also.

Players are always more excited with Player stuff(Mounts, classes, races, transmogs, flying etc)
    Mage Tower Final Result:
    Dk:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:3/3 Mage:1/3 Dh:2/2 Warlock:3/3 Hunter: 3/3 Priest:3/3 Paladin:3/3 Warrior: 3/3 Rogue:3/3 Shaman:3/3 Monk:3/3 Druid: 4/4

LOL You sound like someone who didnt had sex since a longtime. Let it go my friend! If you feel better now at least my post helped someone! Now, good luck with your girlfriend... if you you have one.
    LOL pathetic, zero arguments! Very weak.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it is exciting for various reasons. People like additional customization options.

LOL pathetic, zero arguments! Very weak 2

Your signature is very funny with this message where you personally attack the guy. Not working very hard on it huh?

I care about allied races because we haven’t had a new race since MISTS.

Plus Kul Tirans can be Druids, do you realize how excited I am about pwning hordies in BGS as an epic tree monster? I’m pretty hyped.

Perhaps most people are capable of caring about more than 1 thing at a time...? Coupled with the fact that they've only recently opened up another feature for testing, AKA the Uncharted Islands.

Also: Players love visual things and customization, ain't exactly news.

Because telling people about Hello Kitty World Quest Island Adventure doesn't exactly pump up those preorders.

Not only are they new races, some of which have great lore and/or have been asked for a long time, they also provide us with the opportunity to speculate about future ones while actually having a chance of being right.

In any other expansion, people asking for a random new NPC race to become playable (even before they actually see the quests related to said race) would be ignored. In BfA, there's a very high chance their wish will become a reality.