Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    How is Big Trouble in Little China not on any of these lists!? =*(

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    I started thinking of my favourite Guy movies.
    Army of Darkness
    The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
    Hot Fuzz
    Big Trouble in Little China
    Starship Troopers
    Die Hard
    And none of these are Guy flicks! Women like Hot Fuzz more then men! Aigh.

Honestly I'm having trouble thinking of the anti-Dirty Dancing of my masculine dreams.
    God Damnit... figures that the 1 post I apparently didn't read that is prior to mine! >_<

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post

- - - Updated - - -

God Damnit... figures that the 1 post I apparently didn't read that is prior to mine! >_<
    The ONE post you didn't read? Lol, Big Trouble in Little China is literally the 1st movie on my list, which is the like the 5th or 6th post in the thread.

Quote Originally Posted by mvaliz View Post
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0090728...?ref_=tt_ov_rt

There's a 0.2 difference between men and women voters on this movie. Therefore its not a guy flick.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcall View Post
    The ONE post you didn't read? Lol, Big Trouble in Little China is literally the 1st movie on my list, which is the like the 5th or 6th post in the thread.
    Ahhh, but you see - you didn't account for the fact that I am a lazy person who was also very tired last night as of that posting! ^_^

=/

10+ Year Old Account
    The Expendables. Nothing but brainless action thats silly, goofy and fun. My definition of a dick flick :P

also someone already mentioned Big Trouble in Little China but my partner likes that movie too, so its no exclusively a guy flick in my household. :P
    I love Warcraft, I dislike WoW

Unsubbed since January 2021, now a Warcraft fan from a distance

Ghostbusters I & II
    Predator
    Tango & Cash
    Beverly Hills Cop I & II
    Running Man
    Rocky I to IV
    Demolition Man
    Judge Dredd ( Both, I AM THE LAW! )
    Aliens ( GAME OVER MAN! )

and many more that do not come to mind.

7+ Year Old Account
    Half Baked. I know its more of a stoner movie but I still count it for this

True Lies, one of Arnold's best imo.
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Unholyground View Post
    Ghostbusters I & II
    Predator
    Tango & Cash
    Beverly Hills Cop I & II
    Running Man
    Rocky I to IV
    Demolition Man
    Judge Dredd ( Both, I AM THE LAW! )
    Aliens ( GAME OVER MAN! )

and many more that do not come to mind.
    I was sifting through the comments and was sitting pretty far away and I thought I read... "Ghostbusters 3" and I was like " WHAT THE F..Oh wait, its good"

Armageddon, I think I can safely say that’s the primo guy movie.

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    I was gonna add Mad Max Fury Road....then remembered the girls I watched it with who loved it.

Actually...I know ladies who love all the guy movies you listed here....
    Yes, as I have explained twice now, "guy movies" does not mean ONLY guys like them, just that, generally speaking, guys are more likely to enjoy them than girls are. It's like rom-coms...sure, there ARE guys who like them, but GENERALLY speaking, they skew much more towards girls, and are thus "chick flicks". Being a "guy movie" or a "chick flick" doesn't mean ONLY guys or ONLY girls will like them. Not sure why this seems so hard for people to understand...

10+ Year Old Account
    Big Trouble in Little China
    They Live
    John Wick
    The Raid
    Predator
    Commando
    Conan the Barbarian
    The 13th Warrior
    Demolition Man
    Blade 1-2
    The Killer
    Hard Boiled
    The Man From Nowhere
    Tombstone
    Versus
    nice list imo. ive seen most of them numerous times. big trouble in little china and conan would top my list. ive probably seen those 2 at least 20+ times each.

old school Arnold is the best action star of all time
    Last edited by Fat Mac; 2018-03-17 at 12:51 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Mean Girls
    "It's time to kick ass and chew bubblegum... and I'm all outta ass."

I'm a British gay Muslim Pakistani American citizen, ask me how that works! (terribly)

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes, as I have explained twice now, "guy movies" does not mean ONLY guys like them, just that, generally speaking, guys are more likely to enjoy them than girls are. It's like rom-coms...sure, there ARE guys who like them, but GENERALLY speaking, they skew much more towards girls, and are thus "chick flicks". Being a "guy movie" or a "chick flick" doesn't mean ONLY guys or ONLY girls will like them. Not sure why this seems so hard for people to understand...
    Mostly because it's as stupid a way to define movies as colors are to define the sex of children.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    Because fuck you, that's why.

10+ Year Old Account

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    What's a guy movie?

I liked Leon: The Professional.

Actually I expect a proper Guy Movie to be so dripping with testosterone that all the ladies run from the theatre/home entertainment centre in fear and/or disgust.

Or to put a semi-scientific imprint on it, go to imdb.com and check the point totals. If the boys on average rate it one point higher than the girls, its a Guy Movie.

Mostly people in this thread are just listing their favourite action/comedy/malemoviestar movies.

Hell someone mentioned Aliens AKA the Bechdel Test Gold Standard.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Mostly people in this thread are just listing their favourite action/comedy/malemoviestar movies.
    I wasn't going to comment on it, but, seeings how you did: yeah, totally agree.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm trying to think of something, but I'm having a hard time. The term "guy movie" is a vague one. In my mind, a guy flick shouldn't have a female lead, so movies in the alien franchise are out even if they are great movies. It probably shouldn't be too heavily focused on comedy or parody, so I knock out Ghostbusters without a second thought (I really don't know why somebody said that was a guy flick as it also isn't overly macho, either, thanks to 4 not so macho men being leads), speaking of macho, it should have really macho, manly men as the major players (though the precise meaning of manly can be debated on a case by case basis), it probably (though not necessarily) shouldn't have a huge focus on a deep, meaningful plot, it should not have a major focus on romance, though it can have it as long as it's not explored in any serious depth (which I think may knock out at least the first Rocky movie, as his romance with Adriane is at least as important as the boxing). It should have a lot of action, either in the form of combat or some kind of competition (frequently in the form of sports).

What movie can I think of that fits all those criteria and be something I really love? I enjoy the Bond flicks, but I'm not sure I'd say I love any of them. I haven't watched a lot of cheesey, 80's action movies.

Big Trouble in Little China I think is a borderline choice given my criteria (it is a sort of parody, though perhaps more subtle than some), but I think it's a reasonable choice. Action packed, love subplot is not explored in any depth, a macho lead (though mostly incompetent throughout the movie, wherein lies the comedy), a highly competent "side kick" character who is a martial artist, guns, ninjas, etc, etc.

Rocky 4. It has big, macho men as the focus, the romance plot has already been pretty much fully explored in previous movies, the mourning over lost love through death is in later movies, it's flashy and over the top, has a focus on a sort of revenge plot over the killing of a close, testosterone riddled friend, and of course the mourning over said testosterone ridden friend. I can definitely say I love the movie, and I'm almost certain it counts by all the criteria I've laid out for myself.