Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Scottyjscizzle View Post
    Who the fuck cares, if you want skinny humans make a regular human.
    If you think the regular human model could pass for "skinny" you need to get your eyes checked (either that or lay off the protein shakes).

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    We play video game. People tend to play them because they want to be someone who they can't be in real life. How many people want to be fatso "McDonald" teletubbies?
    yeah we're not all "fatso "McDonald" teletubbies" pretending to be petite humans with pointy ears either...

10+ Year Old Account
    You can be strong/muscular and fat at the same time, look at that belly, they are fat. Nothing wrong with, that but they are.
    Last edited by Azarak; 2018-03-16 at 11:24 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nurasu View Post
    Eh, that is interesting to know. Why are KT's fat concentrated in their stomach areas though? From what I can tell, they have healthy looking faces, necks, and arms, but a rather large gut. What would you guess their current % even is?
    Different body types carry fat in different ways. By and large women carry fat first in their thighs, hips, and breasts, then arms and bellies with backs coming in late. But what degree one reaches before calories are stored in other body parts is largely a matter of genetics. Take a look at the Pear-Shaped female KT model. Thick thighs, large breasts, moderately "Flaggy" arms, and a nice plump tum-tum.

Looks to Inuit Women, who quickly form a layer of back-fat at roughly the same time as their belly fat -starts- to form. There's also body structure to consider. Endomorphs tend to be broader of hip and thigh and even a little fat, there, can make them look much fatter than they are if you're attempting to compare them to Mesomorphs. And Exomorphs who gain weight of any kind quickly look "Pudgy" because there's so little of them to start with.

My husband and I, for example, are an Endomorph (He has a chest like a drum, big broad and round ribcage) and a mesomorph. We're both overweight, but we carry that weight -very- differently, independent of gender differences and hormone production. When I lose or gain 10lbs, it's a noticeable change. When he does, it's much less noticeable.

Physiology is fun!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by nastje View Post
    If you read the thread or even the OP in full, you would know that I've agreed on their belly a few times. The point I'm making is that the very vast majority of their body looks muscular, hence that's what they are.

I think they're pretty cool tbh, I've been a Horde main since wrath but i'm going to check these out for sure. Warrior mogs.
    You can be fat and muscular. That's been pointed out too, and you seem to ignore it. He's definitely fat.

It can also be cool despite being (obviously) fat.

So wait as long as I carry 75%+ of my fat in my gut and have nicely muscled arms I'm not fat?

Suck the belly in a bit on the men and they'd be great (or have that as an option like the Orc hunch if you want).

At the very least though, the men clearly have a huge amount of personality in the model.

The women just look bad though. There's many ways they can make them look big and stocky in the same style the men are in. To be honest, if they wanted them to be overweight there are many ways they could do that and still make the model appealing. (I don't mean "sexually" appealing, more "stylistically interesting that people would want to play" appealing).

At the moment though they just look really frumpy and dull. There's nothing remotely exciting or interesting about their look. There's zero personality to them. They're basically the DUFF model.

Honestly, it's just a really bad model and clearly a simple afterthought from the designers once they'd created the males.

- - - Updated - - -

Take a look at the original concept art for the male and females. The women's a lot larger here than she is in final game but clearly has so much more personality.

BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

i'm built like a kul tiran male human irl. people consider me "athletic fat". which is just a nice way of saying "you're fat, but you're a lot more capable than us."

edit: and then i'm like "yeah i know! where the roller derby girls at?! i'm tryin' to make Titan babies!"
    Last edited by Vargulf the Happy Husky; 2018-03-17 at 12:28 AM.
    No sense crying over spilt beer, unless you're drunk...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Compared to this:

Yes, they are. Shoulder - gut ratio is bonkers on the Kul'tirans.
    Yeah but he's a modern person with modern training. Actual warriors did not look like him even if they had the genetics for it. They simply didn't have our diet or leisure time not even the highest of the high. Ancient people were insanely fit by modern standards, an example would be an Olympic rowing team vs. Athena galley rowers (freemen), they would be about equal. Think about that for a moment. Average citizens vs. people who train everyday for most of their life to be the peak of their sport and they are coming out equal.

That said the Athenians wouldn't have looked anything like a modern rower either, they would have looked gross to the modern eye with bulging arms and hunched shoulders. They didn't train their whole bodies, they worked at something. The classic example if the blacksmith arm. The hammer arm on a blacksmith would have been much bigger than the other, giving them a lopsided look.

All in all I'll enjoy killing the KT humans but I do think they fit the fantasy world much better than the current humans.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by tkioz View Post
    Yeah but he's a modern person with modern training. Actual warriors did not look like him even if they had the genetics for it. They simply didn't have our diet or leisure time not even the highest of the high. Ancient people were insanely fit by modern standards, an example would be an Olympic rowing team vs. Athena galley rowers (freemen), they would be about equal. Think about that for a moment. Average citizens vs. people who train everyday for most of their life to be the peak of their sport and they are coming out equal.

That said the Athenians wouldn't have looked anything like a modern rower either, they would have looked gross to the modern eye with bulging arms and hunched shoulders. They didn't train their whole bodies, they worked at something. The classic example if the blacksmith arm. The hammer arm on a blacksmith would have been much bigger than the other, giving them a lopsided look.
    Now I'm wondering if actuall warriors were muscular with a fat belly like the Kul'tirans, or if they were simply all-around fit - not gigantic like Thor, but still fit.

Alas, I think the discussion reached a point where people do recognize that the Kul'tiran males are fit, but have a fat belly, and we must now debate if it's a good, coherent 3D character model or not.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by A Chozo View Post
    Now I'm wondering if actuall warriors were muscular with a fat belly like the Kul'tirans, or if they were simply all-around fit - not gigantic like Thor, but still fit.

Alas, I think the discussion reached a point where people do recognize that the Kul'tiran males are fit, but have a fat belly, and we must now debate if it's a good, coherent 3D character model or not.
    They had a "Fat Belly"

So. MOST of the Kul'Tiran belly, there, isn't fat. It's muscle mass. You have big ass abdominal muscles mounted on the abdominal fascia that protect your spine when you lift or carry heavy things because humans are built on a pillar, unlike most animals that are built on 4 pillars. This is why when you pick up something heavy, you should -always- tense your belly/gut/stomach/tummy/whateveryoucallit.

That's a big part of why so many power lifters have broad stomachs, because those muscles get one -hell- of a workout during their training. Then there's a nice layer of fat over it that is completely killing the muscle definition, but providing much needed caloric support for the massive amount of energy -having- muscles consumes.

Yeah. HAVING big muscles consumes more energy. Even if you're not doing a whole lot of strenuous activity. It's why tall people eat more than short people, by and large, because there's more mass to maintain.

Guys have a tendency to put on weight around the midsection, first, then pick up weight on the butt, thighs, arms, back, and finally chest. Body type and genetics notwithstanding.

So yeah. Kul'tirans aren't fat: They're just -big-. Though they were both pretty tubby in the concept art!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

They are clearly fat. Blizzard isn't even trying anymore.
    *Triggering Intensifies*

10+ Year Old Account
    I think it's time to start cleaning up this sub-section. There are TONS of KT Human threads here, all discussing the same thing- let's start condensing them into 1-2 threads, please. I'ma close the ones that were made later, please continue discussion in the older ones.
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)