10+ Year Old Account

Hope you guys/girls enjoy this...
    For the Horde!

Quote Originally Posted by Lahis View Post
    Possible additional reward for the Heritage Racial questline Ion proposed as an option for old races to get Heritage Armor.
    Damn, now my ideas feel boring

Ion did imply they're somewhat off in the future (which means end of BfA might be tje earliest point) but it should come eventually, they mentioned classic race heritage armor at BlizzCon.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathanyel View Post
    If enough people like it, is it really bad/unpopular content? No, it's just your dislike.

(I can't believe I'm defending VElves right now, but here we are)

I never argued that it also isn't to my personal disliking, but I've wanted to point out how it is to the disliking of the majority of the players. The fact that the minority will make such additions profitable results in the majority getting what they did not expect/did not want to get.
    Last edited by Magnagarde; 2018-03-17 at 08:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The-Shan View Post
    Given how desired it's been for over a decade, I'm sure they would have been forgiven.
    No they wouldn't have, because for everyone who isn't a "Waaah, I want to play high elves, b-but I don't want to play them on the Horde!" person, it would have just been a massive waste of an allied race slot.

Given how desired it's been for over a decade, I'm sure they would have been forgiven.
    Frankly, i think they started the whole thing with "Let's give alliance a Light and a Void aligned race" and then went looking for something fitting for the latter since they already had plans for the former.

Meanwhile, Horde got Nature and Arcane aligned ones.

Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post
    [IMG]Hope you guys/girls enjoy this...
    There are still some clipping issues with the new posture and some animations feel really odd when you move around and cast spells. I do hope they put some more work into this befor release.
    Looks cool though.

Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    No they wouldn't have, because for everyone who isn't a "Waaah, I want to play high elves, b-but I don't want to play them on the Horde!" person, it would have just been a massive waste of an allied race slot.
    thats not why they wouldnt do it

creating a seperate set of customization for an existing faction race is WAY different

they were ok to giving a race to another faction so long as it was DISTINCT

the fact some ppl think they consider what you describe, is baffling
    Romance doesnt detract from a story. Its a Genre, like horror or comedy or adventure. The game was ruined when we got Horror in drustvar or nazmir. It wasnt ruined when we had funny quests. So if you think a little man on man love ruins the game, then yes you are either a homophobe or just a spoil sport that goes "ewww kissing is yucky" like a baby. Furthermore, if a character has never expressed interest in any gender, then its not proof they are straight. straight people are not the default

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Frankly, i think they started the whole thing with "Let's give alliance a Light and a Void aligned race" and then went looking for something fitting for the latter since they already had plans for the former.

Meanwhile, Horde got Nature and Arcane aligned ones.
    Continuing that thought, Dark Iron are Fire, Kul'tirans are Water, Mag'har are Earth, or as a shamanistic culture, the elements in general.
    Turning my inability to come up with a specific element for them into a joke: Zandalari are Dinosaurs (it's getting more and more obvious that Trolls evolved from Raptors)

That leaves Shadow (Outcast Arakkoa) and Air (non-Void Ethereals)

...crazy side-thought: looking at the 'trend' of switching scenes throughout a raid (Dragon Soul, Siege of Orgrimmar) or expansion (Legion: Broken Isles, Broken Shore, Argus) I could even see them taking us back to Outland for 8.X, introducing these races as AR.
    Last edited by Nathanyel; 2018-03-17 at 10:33 AM.
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I personally also dislike Lightforged Draenei. Not because they don't look cool, they do and I like playing one. However the Lightforged Draenei directly diminish the fantasy of normal Draenei; you play Draenei to play a race dedicated to the Light and here is a variant that is even more Holy than you. The same is not true for the Highmountain which seems like the direct analogy on Horde side because the Highmountain are not more Tauren than the normal ones, they are just a different tribe.
    I feel the same. I race-changed my Draenei Pally to a LF Draenei and remade my Draenei as a Disc Priest. They just feel more "neutral" now, especially since the Broken are Shaman's not Draenei, but they are now teaching them more elemental ways.

Continuing that thought, Dark Iron are Fire, Kul'tirans are Water, Mag'har are Earth, or as a shamanistic culture, the elements in general.
    Turning my inability to come up with a specific element for them into a joke: Zandalari are Dinosaurs (it's getting more and more obvious that Trolls evolved from Raptors)

That leaves Shadow (Outcast Arakkoa) and Air (non-Void Ethereals)

...crazy side-thought: looking at the 'trend' of switching scenes throughout a raid (Dragon Soul, Siege of Orgrimmar) or expansion (Legion: Broken Isles, Broken Shore, Argus) I could even see them taking us back to Outland for 8.X, introducing these races as AR.
    Mag'har could be Spirit, leaving Earth for Zandalar. Kul Tirans could be Fist.

Shadow = Void, though, so we already have that one covered. Outcast and High Arakkoa could be part of a second set.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitei View Post
    But an Alliance Allied Race that is a carbon copy of already existing Alliance race is, I guess, much better.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by God-King Popo View Post
    What's wrong with Genn?
    Tyrande is OG cool from older Warcraft.
    Content drought is a combination of catchup mechanics and no new content.

All my friends and me included who got 10th Anniversary Gift - Orc Statue and is still having active sub since then got alpha invites the last week.
    If you are one of them then check your e-mail / launcher.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Oh I strongly doubt it. Just because the High Elf faithfuls often tend to be loud, obnoxious and relentless it doesn't mean they are represented in a way worthy of consideration by Blizzard.

- - - Updated - - -

The point of allied races isn't necessarily to make something new, but to provide a fantasy that people want to experience.
    No, the point of allied races is to offer visually different versions of existing races/models. Void Elves align just fine with that idea. High Elves do not.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    But there are quite a lot of those people. And we did get Void Elves. Are you saying people who want to play Void Elves outnumber people who want to play High Elves?
    I mean, it could be? Anyone who doesn't give a fuck about lore has no reason to feel particularly attached on the idea of playing "Blood Elves but Alliance". Void Elves, on the other hand, manage to give that Thalassian model to the Alliance while offerring something visually different. It's quite easy to see that as nothing but a bonus for many people (if not most).
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2018-03-17 at 12:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Keyblader View Post
    It's a general rule though that if you play horde you are a bad person irl. It's just a scientific fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Heladys View Post
    The game didn't give me any good reason to hate the horde. Forums did that.

Boralus NPCs seem to have different behaviors during night and day. Thats pretty neat.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Shadow = Void, though, so we already have that one covered.
    Eh, as I see it, "the Shadow" is, while related/birthed from the Void, still a distinct concept, although with overlap ingame. I'd say the Shadow is the real-world equivalent of the Void which actually lies outside of reality.
    The Outcasts we saw in Outland and Draenor weren't void-touched, but shadow users.

Eh, as I see it, "the Shadow" is, while related/birthed from the Void, still a distinct concept, although with overlap ingame. I'd say the Shadow is the real-world equivalent of the Void which actually lies outside of reality.
    The Outcasts we saw in Outland and Draenor weren't void-touched, but shadow users.
    Chronicles literally lists Void and Shadow as synonyms. What you're saying is that Shadow is the parts of the Void that are fundamentally a part of reality and present throughout, rather than the stuff you get by bargaining with beings of pure Void.

The thing is, it's all just Void. The Outcasts are noted to use Void. Probably in a safer method than getting it directly from a powerful Void being, because Void is as omnipresent as the Light and inherently accessible to everyone by default.

Quote Originally Posted by KrakHed View Post
    Chronicles literally lists Void and Shadow as synonyms. What you're saying is that Shadow is the parts of the Void that are fundamentally a part of reality and present throughout, rather than the stuff you get by bargaining with beings of pure Void.

The thing is, it's all just Void. The Outcasts are noted to use Void. Probably in a safer method than getting it directly from a powerful Void being, because Void is as omnipresent as the Light and inherently accessible to everyone by default.
    The Outcasts also explicitly introduced the idea of the Void not being all bad, and in fact necessary for life.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rcshaggy View Post

Hope you guys/girls enjoy this...
    What about it? Is this showing female Orcs are taller than upright male Orcs? Or is this a general post? The upright Orc still looks amazing. Can't wait to visit the barber on prepatch.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ATZenith View Post
    What about it? Is this showing female Orcs are taller than upright male Orcs? Or is this a general post? The upright Orc still looks amazing. Can't wait to visit the barber on prepatch.
    No...The model upright pose fits with the Orc female now...<3

Me either...
    Tired of my Orc Male Warrior hunched over like a moron, and then he can stand up straight with the new upright pose which I will really like.
    For the Horde!