Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Expansion after BFA Leak: Vanguard

Okay so my contact within Blizzard (who must not be named as he could get in trouble) informed me that work has already begun on the expansion after BFA.

Not much has been established yet but there's some concept art and memos floating around the offices as well as a 100+ page dossier.

A few things that are pretty much set in stone though:

Name of the expansion: Vanguard

Storywise
    - Location: the other side of azeroth + parts of different planets each patch (opening endless possibilities for future expansions as well as new races)
    - Main Villains: the demons

Yes, we defeated the Legion but demons are still around and players will be working with Archmage Khadgar and the Illidari DHs to set up a prison world for the demons again, like Sargeras did when he was the good guy. The most dangerous demonic faction will be the Nathrezim who were powerful before the Legion existed and some are trying to rebuild the Legion.

This all starts when demons begin attacking Azeroth again (though not as coordinated as the Legion obviously, but they are a major nuisance and there will be capital invasions pre-launch at the end of BFA similar to zombie invasions) drawn once again by excessive magical uses and the tear in the fabric of reality left by the giant rift to Argus (thanks Illidan).

- About BFA Ending: The dossier redacted most parts of the BFA ending (only 4 people within Blizzard know how the expansion will end for sure for now) but it seems pretty clear our world soul will not survive (Azerite will be gone, neck artifact will get an ending similar to current artifact power), in the end, neither faction really wins the "battle for Azeroth". The other remaining titans are busy so basically we're left to our own devices in the universe and will have to face the rest of the demons and prepare for the Void Lords (future expansion maybe)
    - Anduin will find his queen by the end of BFA (much of this is redacted to so we don't know yet who will be his queen, there are some hints that this will either make him the most powerful king on Azeroth or that it's a trap and his queen is not what she appears to be, again much of the text is redacted so it's not clear but it might play into the Il'gynoth prophecy)
    - It is not clear Sylvanas will still be Warchief, does she die, abdicate, stay who knows but we know that Gallywix and Saurfang (working separately) will each try to become Warchief in their own way and for completely different reasons (Gallywix - money and power, Saurfang - honor), so Sylvanas faces two challenges

Gameplay:

- 130 cap
    - ability to save professions in a book and sell to other players (you will lose your recipes though and have to retrain from scratch)
    - 7 new bag spaces for bank storage
    - new class: Tinker (who will help us travel to other worlds quicker similar to how DHs helped us defeat Legion)

Tinker features:
    * DPS/Tank/Healing specs (names yet to be determined, but healing spec will almost certainly be called "Medic")
    * unique leveling style (starts at level 1 but upon leveling has a chance to proc many extra levels as a quick catch up mechanic and be teleported to a different zone too if they choose so)
    - storywise this will have an interesting explanation basically their equipment malfunctions frequently (up to 120 then it gets stabilized again) and they randomly travel through time and get to experience many periods of WoW history (the time Garrosh was Warchief, Northrend LK, Outland, Pandaria etc. also sort of explaining the apparent schizophrenia of normal leveling where nothing seems to be in chronological order anymore)
    - starting zones will be instanced Kezan/Gnomeregan (pre-vanilla in fact, then an experiment going wrong flings them into the future around level 6) with unique storylines, only Goblin/Gnome but they will have gadgets to change appearance to another race (though not racials)
    - tinkers get free engineering maxed with all schematics (as they level, minus Vanguard schematics which they have to train normally like any other player), have 3 profession slots but engineering cannot be unlearned
    - class hall will be the Blingtron homeworld but class halls wont get an update post-Legion

- NEW artifact system: Artifact Trinkets
    - the return of story/grind legendaries, realistically 1-3 per guild and only certain classes

Deleted
    Isn't it a bit too early for this?

Isn't there an unwritten rule that we don't do pretend leaks for the next expansion before the next on is even out yet? Can we make it a written rule. Please?
    "We must make our choice. We may have democracy, or we may have wealth concentrated in the hands of a few, but we can't have both."
    -Louis Brandeis

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Daenir View Post
    Isn't it a bit too early for this?
    Not even close, the plans are made in advance, only the details will become more clear in time.

Obviously no specifics on class mechanics until they see how BFA plays out

While the story-line seems plausible. It would make sense the demons would still be a threat as a roaming horde of raiding demons with their numbers still being high. Granted they wouldn’t be limitless with Argus gone so no infinite rebirth for demons. Finding a way to contain the demons on a world and sealing the portals behind them to trap them makes sense. The problem is we have just had two heavy demon expansions back to back, so I don’t see one expansions in between being a big enough of a break for demon fatigue to have gone away. I would think we would need at least two to three expansions in between much like the gap between BC and WoD.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, this is such obvious bullshit it's not even a really good thread to poke fun at.

Stopped reading after: - Main Villains: the demons

At least a year too early for this shit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakhath View Post
    At least a year too early for this shit.
    Previous expansions were also planned way in advance, only the details change as time gets closer.

Sad that you have to make up stuff 4 years into the future now. Probably because everyone can simply check any leak if BfA stuff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    OP - you are trying waaaaaay too hard.

Can we get a MAC ban on this guy? Spreading bullshit all over. Trolls should be put down for good.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderaan View Post
    Previous expansions were also planned way in advance, only the details change as time gets closer.
    You are trying so. SO. hard.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    You are trying so. SO. hard.
    Mate, it's not me saying it, it's my contact from Blizzard.

Take it as you want, but don't be surprised when it comes true.

Here is the updated plot

PC waited. The lights above him blinked and sparked out of the air. There were demons in the base. He didn’t see them, but had expected them now for years. His warnings to <FACTION LEADER> were not listenend to and now it was too late. Far too late for now, anyway.
    PC was a <INSERT CLASS HERE> for fourteen years. When he was young he watched the <CONVENIENT PORTALS> and he said to dad “I want to be on the PORTALS daddy.”
    Dad said “No! You will BE KILL BY DEMONS”
    There was a time when he believed him. Then as he got oldered he stopped. But now in the <EXPANSION MAIN HUB> of the <PC FACTION> he knew there were demons.
    “This is Khadgar” the radio crackered. “You must fight the demons!”
    So the PC gotted his <SPECIALIZATION WEAPON> and blew up the wall.
    “HE GOING TO KILL US” said the demons
    “I will shoot at him” said the cyberdemon and he fired the rocket missiles. The PC plasmaed at him and tried to blew him up. But then the ceiling fell and they were trapped and not able to kill.
    “No! I must kill the demons” The PC shouted
    Khadgar said “No, PC. You are the demons”
    And then the PC was a zombie.

I love the idea of a design meeting like this:
    "You know what I think would be a good idea for the game?"
    "What?"
    "I think we should add more bank space."
    "Yeah, we could add another tab, that would work."
    "No, that's now what I meant."
    "What else?"
    "We should add more bag slots to the bank, seven of them."
    "Interesting idea, ok, we'll get some programmers on it."
    "Nah don't."
    "Why not?"
    "We'll release it 3 years from now instead of for BfA!"
    "That sounds awesome, let's do that and make it a core feature of the next expansion!"
    I don't think this matters nearly as much as you think it does.

Quote Originally Posted by Spagetto View Post
    Look at his post history, he "leaked" the next WoW expac after Legion too! World of Wacraft: Subversion.

Aaaaand...Fatality!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyron View Post
    Aaaaand...Fatality!
    That was only a poorly written fanfic sent to me by a troll pretending to be Blizzard.

This one is legit, I met with the person and he definitely works for Blizzard.

are you 12