Page 14 of 54 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Azerate View Post
    If people really want to, they can transform personal loot into master looter. Just force people to put up all the loot for a roll - and guilds with strict leadership will have no problem with doing that.

I doubt master loot option will be going away though. They just said people will lose reasons to use it
    Except they're not going to straight up kill trade restrictions. For the first few weeks of raid, the most important weeks, most gear will be stuck where it fell.

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    Tell that to any boss with a tight enrage. You can deal with undergeared tanks and healers, undergeared dps is no bueno
    Sounds like l2p issues that funneling tier isn't going to solve.

I'm not saying it isn't beneficial to the raids progress to do so, i'm saying it doesn't have a big enough impact that top 500+ guilds should even consider it.
    Last edited by Kaykay; 2018-03-17 at 03:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kaykay View Post
    my point is dps don't "need" the gear.
    Whats your raiding experience? History says it matters, some no name nobody on the net says otherwise then they should explain why in context of their experience.

This change is short-sighted. The logical decision would have been to keep Master Loot for Mythic difficulty only.

Quote Originally Posted by Deja Thoris View Post
    Whats your raiding experience? History says it matters, some no name nobody on the net says otherwise then they should explain why in context of their experience.
    Was cutting edge back in vanilla/tbc/wrath/cata. Been raiding casually in mop, wod and legion with a handful mythic kills each tier.
    As i wrote above, I'm not saying it isn't beneficial to the raids progress to funnel gear, i'm saying it doesn't have a big enough impact that the majority of guilds should even consider it.

It's boring gameplay for classes that aren't considered top sim specs each tier, and it is a breeding ground for toxic behavior and favoritism in the loot councils abroad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MoanaLisa View Post
    Not purging it as much as making it much less relevant. Having it out of the game may be their ultimate goal but they'll do it in stages.

----------------------------------

Yes, still a guild. Because a good guild, a solid guild, is about a whole lot more than a loot distribution system.
    Why are they wanting to remove tools to make it easier for progression guilds to get through raids more efficiently then?

10+ Year Old Account
    Was cutting edge back in vanilla/tbc/wrath/cata. Been raiding casually in mop, wod and legion with a handful mythic kills each tier.
    As i wrote above, I'm not saying it isn't beneficial to the raids progress to funnel gear, i'm saying it doesn't have a big enough impact that the majority of guilds should even consider it.

It's boring gameplay for classes that aren't considered top sim specs each tier, and it is a breeding ground for toxic behavior and favoritism in the loot councils abroad.
    ????????????????????

high DPS check fights didn't vanish from the game, they're in literally every tier

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz
    MMO champion for example used to be the center of WoW theorycrafting

Quote Originally Posted by Crimewave View Post
    just another huge chunk of the game goes out. Super fucking sad about their decision and rationale behind it.
    Master Loot is not content.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by gaymer77 View Post
    Um do you even know a damn thing about personal loot? Loot obtained from bonus rolls is NOT tradeable but loot obtained from every other source is tradeable INCLUDING personal loot.
    unless its higher ilvl, and with trinkets and tier and just stat priority you cant Always trade it, you got 960 with best stats equiped and get 965 with your worst stats but best stats fir other guy, with PL you cant trade it, with ML he wouldve had the item and wouldnt have been wasted.

Deleted
    Good, now I won't have some dweeb nerd guildie dictating what loot I'm 'allowed' to get.

10+ Year Old Account
    there is absolutely zero chance that masterloot isn't in the game come launch day. zero chance.

Deleted
    we have yet to see a raid tier that requires gear beyond the previous difficulty, and if your dps'ers didn't minmax their heroic dungeon/mythic dungeon drops, then it's on them. Drops gotten from the raid is hardly going to make a big difference in wether you can progress or not.
    Trial of valor, NH M needing more then ilvl of heroic. Tomb aswell. And i dont see the guild doing argus or any later bosses with heroic ilvl.
    in Wod brf needed more then hc gear aswell for laterbosses,HM butcher needed alot of gear for the dps check. For archimonde guilds needed better then heroic ilvl, needed fairbit of M loot and legendary ring for anyone that wasnt in top 3guild.

Mythic escpially the dps checks and later bosses and escpially in legion needed more then heroic gear.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Himhim View Post
    Good, now I won't have some dweeb nerd guildie dictating what loot I'm 'allowed' to get.
    Its really wierd to see the term "dweeb nerd" used next to "guildie". You're probably one of the people that would prefer to play WoW single player, right?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by trajandreps View Post
    As for people liking ML loot, the quote in one of the signatures fits well: "Privilege is invisible to those who have it"
    What privilege would that be?

Quote Originally Posted by Cysia View Post
    Trial of valor, NH M needing more then ilvl of heroic. Tomb aswell. And i dont see the guild doing argus or any later bosses with heroic ilvl.
    in Wod brf needed more then hc gear aswell for laterbosses,HM butcher needed alot of gear for the dps check. For archimonde guilds needed better then heroic ilvl, needed fairbit of M loot and legendary ring for anyone that wasnt in top 3guild.

Mythic escpially the dps checks and later bosses and escpially in legion needed more then heroic gear.
    Don't bother, apparently he doesn't believe dps need gear and that the top 500 gear their dps first for no reason.

Quote Originally Posted by andy123456 View Post
    As Tier set are removed and if blizz enable "item upgrade drop" to be traded i don't see any need for ML for majority of guild. In all i think PL will make better environment for wow community.
    PL is already mandatory in Pugs, I see no reason to remove choice from guilds besides slowering the gearup process. If people are in a guild that is using ML in a way they don't like can just leave. In my guild we use ML and I don't see any issues with it, everyone has a bucket list of what they want and they usually get it, if two guys want the same they are mature enough to decide who takes it that time.

Quote Originally Posted by Danvash View Post
    I get that they put a lot of work into developing personal loot, but to push for it being the only option is absurd.

With master loot, you can distribute loot based on need and merit, neither of which are taken into account by personal loot.

People were complaining about loot ninjas in the past. Solution: Don't join master loot pugs if you don't think the master looter is trustworthy.
    my guild used ML for 95% of our raids in legion , Wasting loot . We would only get 2 pieces per boss with ML , personal instead spiked that number to 5 drops per boss.
    The only downside is if you are a unique class in the raid your tier chances are lower than ever , but tier will go bye bye in BfA leaving only personal to be the desired loot choice .

Although i find it annoying people begging for loot when they see it pop up . I mean , If i want a transmo piece i have to pray no one else wants to need on my item .
    I'll just adopt the loot peek strategy and have it all sent me in the mail ....

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Magnosh View Post
    PL is already mandatory in Pugs, I see no reason to remove choice from guilds besides slowering the gearup process. If people are in a guild that is using ML in a way they don't like can just leave. In my guild we use ML and I don't see any issues with it, everyone has a bucket list of what they want and they usually get it, if two guys want the same they are mature enough to decide who takes it that time.
    depending on your group size you would drop way less in ML

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    my guild used ML for 95% of our raids in legion , Wasting loot . We would only get 2 pieces per boss with ML , personal instead spiked that number to 5 drops per boss.
    The only downside is if you are a unique class in the raid your tier chances are lower than ever , but tier will go bye bye in BfA leaving only personal to be the desired loot choice .

Although i find it annoying people begging for loot when they see it pop up . I mean , If i want a transmo piece i have to pray no one else wants to need on my item .

- - - Updated - - -

More doesn't always equal better, specially if it goes to the wrong people.

And, like I said before, personal loot could drop 100% more loot and send you a check in the mail and I still wouldn't use it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swalload View Post
    Exactly, there's not much incentive to use that feature anymore. PL works well and removes any form of drama and waste of time.
    oh This is where you are wrong ... It makes all the rest of the group feel like they are entitled to have YOUR drops

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Onikaroshi View Post
    More doesn't always equal better, specially if it goes to the wrong people.

And, like I said before, personal loot could drop 100% more loot and send you a check in the mail and I still wouldn't use it.
    as a raider in a group with 0 leather users , I'll take 5 specialized drops everyday from now on , compared to 2 drops that could even be both useless to everyone

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post

- - - Updated - - -

Have to agree.