Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Brewmaster Kolee View Post
    Humans wouldn't help much in the guerrilla war. Humans will be busy with Lordaeron. The Night Elves are perfectly capable of being a nuisance throughout northern Kalimdor. Taking country like that is far easier than holding it. Think Vietnam, Afghanistan, Iraq...
    What @Kwento said is correct. Comparing Night Elf lands with Vietnam, Afghanistan or Iraq is a crucial mistake. For the people of those countries continued to live there, they had cities, towns and villages. Americans were not resettling the lands with new population. The Horde long term wishes to resettle Night Elf lands with Horde races, for that would be a tremendous boost for demography, resources, strategic location of the Horde. Forests could be chopped down, and turned into valuable agricultural lands. Basically, the Horde plans to colonize Kaldorei lands in same manner that Alliance wishes to colonize Lordaeron.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kwento View Post
    The only question I have, when it comes to the conquest of northern Kalimdor, is what is going to happen with Cenarion Circle.
    Night Elves do best. Cast a protective shield around them and their place and be gone for anohter 10k year!

Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    That's all night elves are capable of.
    Ok Arrashi This is the lore channel, remember? And that's a nonsense statement, lorewise, and you know it.

"I Am Vengeance. I Am The Night. I Am Felfáádaern!"

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    Night Elves do best. Cast a protective shield around them and their place and be gone for anohter 10k year!
    Those elves are in the Horde, unfortunately...

The thing is, Northern Kalimdor isn’t going to just be “held”. The Horde seems to plan to live in there after pushing natives out. There are plenty of Horde races who are accustomed to forests and can take on night elf guerrilla tactics. Think blood elf rangers, Darkspears, orc hunters/beastmasters.
    This is also not an unknown land for the Horde. They have experienced it many times after orcs came to Kalimdor. Zoram’Gar and Splintertree outposts sent their troops all over the forest before and they can easily do so again if given the chance. Apart from the open war, they also experienced night elf guerrilla tactics as well, so those wouldn’t prove to be a surprise.
    The only question I have, when it comes to the conquest of northern Kalimdor, is what is going to happen with Cenarion Circle. I can imagine them sealing off Moonglade, but what about Hyjal?

- - - Updated - - -

No, we have characters that battled creatures way beyond both Cenarius and fel-corrupted Grommash
    My question, lorewise, is where Tauren and Darkspear druids must stand in all of this. The Cenarion Circle mostly maintained its neutrality during previous wars, but this one will be hard if one of the factions is attacking the Moonglade or Mt Hyjaal.

- - - Updated - - -

The thing is, Northern Kalimdor isn’t going to just be “held”. The Horde seems to plan to live in there after pushing natives out. There are plenty of Horde races who are accustomed to forests and can take on night elf guerrilla tactics. Think blood elf rangers, Darkspears, orc hunters/beastmasters.
    This is also not an unknown land for the Horde. They have experienced it many times after orcs came to Kalimdor. Zoram’Gar and Splintertree outposts sent their troops all over the forest before and they can easily do so again if given the chance. Apart from the open war, they also experienced night elf guerrilla tactics as well, so those wouldn’t prove to be a surprise.
    The only question I have, when it comes to the conquest of northern Kalimdor, is what is going to happen with Cenarion Circle. I can imagine them sealing off Moonglade, but what about Hyjal?

- - - Updated - - -

No, we have characters that battled creatures way beyond both Cenarius and fel-corrupted Grommash
    The US has amazing special forces, but couldn't win Viet Nam and hasn't won Afghanistan in 17 years of trying.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rhlor View Post
    we already know that humans launch an attack on kalimdor

barrens war front
    I am not on the alpha and hadn't seen this, but it makes sense.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    What @Kwento said is correct. Comparing Night Elf lands with Vietnam, Afghanistan or Iraq is a crucial mistake. For the people of those countries continued to live there, they had cities, towns and villages. Americans were not resettling the lands with new population. The Horde long term wishes to resettle Night Elf lands with Horde races, for that would be a tremendous boost for demography, resources, strategic location of the Horde. Forests could be chopped down, and turned into valuable agricultural lands. Basically, the Horde plans to colonize Kaldorei lands in same manner that Alliance wishes to colonize Lordaeron.
    Not gonna happen. Mark my words. We can come back to this post a year from now.

My question, lorewise, is where Tauren and Darkspear druids must stand in all of this. The Cenarion Circle mostly maintained its neutrality during previous wars, but this one will be hard if one of the factions is attacking the Moonglade or Mt Hyjaal.
    Well it’s not a stretch of imagination to assume that darkspear troll druids will stand with the Horde. Judging by Zen’tabra’s initial dialog they only made connections with the Cenarions “just in case”.
    As for tauren, that depends... I guess they would divide?

The US has amazing special forces, but couldn't win Viet Nam and hasn't won Afghanistan in 17 years of trying.
    They never had desire to stay and live there, did they? Plus, they don’t live right next door to either of those countries.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Ok Arrashi This is the lore channel, remember? And that's a nonsense statement, lorewise, and you know it.
    You mean how night elves need advisors in azshara ? Or how they needed humans to attack barrens to move orcs focus away from ashenvale ? Seems like pretty solid lore. Not to mention how they needed varian to protect them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Somewhere between here and the sick, twisted world inside my head
    Quote Originally Posted by Rock Robster View Post
    Oh my, a wild Kenji-the-alliance-loving-fanboi has appeared! Better be prepared for super biased Horde hatred!
    You assume you know which faction I support?
    Funny.
    I play both, so I'm neutral, I just like to mess with people.

You mean how night elves need advisors in azshara ? Or how they needed humans to attack barrens to move orcs focus away from ashenvale ? Seems like pretty solid lore. Not to mention how they needed varian to protect them.
    What are you even going on about? You mean when Horde leader attacks with allies, and Night Elves respond by calling on allies, that somehow changes what Night Elves are capable of?

Lorewise - whether you like them or not - Night Elves once built an empire that covered known Azeroth. Nightborne and Blood Elves are all off-shoots of Night Elves. Malfurion and Illidan - both practically demi-gods - were both Night Elves.

My point is not to say they are more powerful than other races, but to say they can only be a nuisance is weak trolling on your part.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Those elves are in the Horde, unfortunately...
    No, what I am specifically talking about are the Darnassian Kal'dorei. Suramari Shal'dorei are so done with the bubble drama.

Perhaps the Ren'dorei can offer refuge to the Night Elves and we can see a connection between the two as a parallel to the Shal+Sin'dorei on the Horde.

I'll be excited about the story arc of Night Elves if they go toward such direction and hoping to see good plot ahead.

I mean, as a practical matter, any of the races can be OP or weak depending on how Blizz decides to write them at any given point. So if we want to forecast the future, we should look at how Christie Golden has been writing them, except she really hasn't. None of her previous WoW novels centered around Night Elves. So we shall see what she decides to do with them.

Quote Originally Posted by vertigo12 View Post
    No, what I am specifically talking about are the Darnassian Kal'dorei. Suramari Shal'dorei are so done with the bubble drama.

Perhaps the Ren'dorei can offer refuge to the Night Elves and we can see a connection between the two as a parallel to the Shal+Sin'dorei on the Horde.

I'll be excited about the story arc of Night Elves if they go toward such direction and hoping to see good plot ahead.
    What refuge? They were banished, no?

10+ Year Old Account
    What are you even going on about? You mean when Horde leader attacks with allies, and Night Elves respond by calling on allies, that somehow changes what Night Elves are capable of?

Lorewise - whether you like them or not - Night Elves once built an empire that covered known Azeroth. Nightborne and Blood Elves are all off-shoots of Night Elves. Malfurion and Illidan - both practically demi-gods - were both Night Elves.

My point is not to say they are more powerful than other races, but to say they can only be a nuisance is weak trolling on your part.
    I dunno, losing your capital to sneak attack is pretty much definition of weak. And so is complete inability to defend your territory. And needing strong, muscular human male to protect them.

As for demigods, 3rd volume of chronicle implies that cenarius got solo'ed by grom. So theres that.

Quote Originally Posted by Prabog View Post
    That is what I wish to know too. How will Cenarius and Wild Gods react to Horde armies butchering Kaldorei?
    Well Orcs already gave Cenarius those hands once before, so it would be in his best interest to sit idly by, bro.

I dunno, losing your capital to sneak attack is pretty much definition of weak. And so is complete inability to defend your territory. And needing strong, muscular human male to protect them.

As for demigods, 3rd volume of chronicle implies that cenarius got solo'ed by grom. So theres that.
    If losing your capital to sneak attack is weak, then losing it to an open attack you see coming is pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by Felixon View Post
    We all know what will happen to Teldrassil in BfA,yet we don't know for 100% it will be Sylvanas's work.We also do know from the leaks,that Malfurion is going to try protect the Teldrassil and it seems that he ultimately fails,which could be sign of his demise. It's also logically to presume,that his beloved Tyrande fights alongside him and probably also meets her end during the battle (or probably leads the civilians of Teldrassil away to safety). Lorewise,Malfurion is veeeeeeery powerful,heck,of the most powerful mortal characters in the Warcraft lore,so what became of him during the Val'sharah campaign is quite sad and makes you think,that Blizzard is getting ready to get rid of him. So,here are my few questions about the future of kaldorei:
    1)If Malfurion and Tyrande meet their end,who will lead the kaldorei? Could be Jarod,who got a spotlight during the Legion or would it be Shandris?
    2)Where would the kaldorei go,now that their capital is destroyed?Most likely they will keep fighting for Ashenvale,Feralas,Darkshore using partisan tactics,but where would they settle?I've heard rumours about the possibility,that they will establish their new home in Hinterlands,where the Emerald Dream portal used to be,cause it has plenty of space to build something+Wildhammer allies are not far.

Share your thoughts!
    Malfurion is going to die.

Tirande is going to become yet a other ALL horde must die person...like we do not have enough of them...: genn, jaina and velen( for a small part). Getting bit boring here blizzard. Hope they redeem some of them. Or give us new cool ones.

But all depends where they go. I would say exodar Or gilneas( if we get it back).

10+ Year Old Account
    If losing your capital to sneak attack is weak, then losing it to an open attack you see coming is pathetic.
    I dunno, 200 guys vs entire alliance army kinda makes a diffrence.

I dunno, 200 guys vs entire alliance army kinda makes a diffrence.
    Dude. Anduin marches an entire army to Lordaeron, and somehow Sylvanas only manages to defend with 200? Pathetic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Dude. Anduin marches an entire army to Lordaeron, and somehow Sylvanas only manages to defend with 200? Pathetic.
    Nope she menages to take teldrassil with 200. On the other hand mary sue emperor anduin needs entire alliance to attack UC.