Page 13 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The idea that the man needs to be gruff and ugly while the woman needs to be completely smooth with flawless skin most certainly deals with strong gender dimorphism that is not realistic.
    That's the bigger problem than weight though. Male Kul Tirans have personality which comes from that gruffness, the female models just look entirely devoid of personality. They look like the human models but with the weight tweaked, not like their own independent race and personality like the men look.

For all the people complaining about people complaining about the weight - It's Blizzard who'll never commit to the idea, and even have to try and make trolls and orcs fit normal beauty standards. The female Kul Tiran is boring, because Blizzard don't have the balls to do something aactually different.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    can we not throw that term around constantly like some kind of mud slinging contest? next thing you know people are going to say you're sexist based on how you spread butter on your toast.
    Reductio ad absurdum.

The idea that women should look like Plus Sized Models rather than Powerlifters while being okay with the guys looking like Powerlifters on the basise that the women don't look strong enough, and the plus sized model somehow does, is a pretty sexist argument that places a woman's beauty first and foremost even in discussions of what looks "Physically Strong".

However, we're verging on Politics so I'll suggest we all drop this particular line of discussion.

I think their model looks pretty good as it is. They need a better skin, though, preferably one that shows a bit more definition in the arms and maybe some body hair and some different head/face options.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by rasako View Post
    can we not throw that term around constantly like some kind of mud slinging contest? next thing you know people are going to say you're sexist based on how you spread butter on your toast.
    I agree! people keep calling it sexist have no idea what the word even means

- - - Updated - - -

The idea that the man needs to be gruff and ugly while the woman needs to be completely smooth with flawless skin most certainly deals with strong gender dimorphism that is not realistic.
    it's as if Wow is somehow a fantasy game.....

But I see your point, The Woman model needs to have a bit more muscles

5+ Year Old Account
    Is it as simple as changing textures?
    They've got the contouring in the model's mesh. It's not a -lot- but it's present. If they updated the skin to something a bit more comprehensive (adding shadow, ambient-occlusion style) it'd help a lot. Also making the skin look less "Perfect Plastic" 'cause as it is they're super shiny. A little hair on the arms and legs, very light and delicate, would be a way to help offset that and differentiate them from the standard human female PC model.

Outside of that, texturing the skin in the same sort of way the male kul'tiran is would go a long way.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Horde have profoundly different trolls with a huge lore background and a massive aesthetic change.
    and what was he crying about?=
    he cryed because they are fat, that has nothing to do with lore or other things just asthetics

It's ridiculous to judge the most unfinished models in the game this critically because you don't like fat people.

10+ Year Old Account
    TBH I'd never play Pandas. Mostly because I'm not that kind of person and because they don't look good in armor. But I'll be damned if Blizzard didn't make Kul'tiran look good. They're fat, but in a good way. They look like beasts. Grizzled guys who'd rough anything out and beat anyone in some fistacuffs match. And their hairstyles/facial hair options seem glorious

5+ Year Old Account
    I'd still think they'd need stronger shoulders, arms and legs but I guess that can be done with effective use of shadows.
    I wouldn't mind a bit more bulk on the shoulders/upper arms, myself. Or a -slightly- larger head (Wider, perhaps, rather than taller)

I also love the implication that most fishermen and sailors will look like professional weightlifters. Clearly nobody's been around fishing towns or in battlefields, because virtually the vast majority of military men of naval occupation are NOT fat.

Virtually NONE of the Proudmoores, who represented Kul'tiras, are fat. Jaina isn't fat, her mother isn't fat, and neither was her father.

This is purely a fabricated look where they took the vrykul model and fattened it to tell people "see, we're not just giving you humans with different hairstyles and accents as an allied race."

This garbage that fat women were valued for health is also a load of crap since anyone who's looked at aboriginal peoples and even tribes of Africa or the culture of the vikings full well knows that none of them sought being fat. There are virtually no fat people in hunter/gatherer societies unless they're old.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-03-17 at 05:17 PM.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    I also love the implication that most fishermen and sailors will look like professional weightlifters. Clearly nobody's been around fishing towns or in battlefields, because virtually the vast majority of military men of naval occupation are NOT fat.
    The vast majority of military men of naval occupation don't wrestle sea monsters for a living. Or fight seamonsters with automatic weapons. Or see sea monsters since they don't exist...

'Cause remember: That's what these folks -do-. As a race, not just a subset of society.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The vast majority of military men of naval occupation don't wrestle sea monsters for a living. Or fight seamonsters with automatic weapons. Or see sea monsters since they don't exist...

'Cause remember: That's what these folks -do-. As a race, not just a subset of society.
    I included hunter-gatherers for a reason, and I did not specify the time period of naval bodies. Navies existed long before the advent of firearms, and they battled storms alongside other armies not to mention mobilizing resources, and they simply do not look fat.

There is nothing about fighting beasts that turns you into a beer bellied goon. Most people who fight beasts, as you can tell by the lion hunters in Africa or the Inuits who deal with bears, don't look fat.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-03-17 at 05:25 PM.

WoW isn't realistic, and will never be. Deal with it.

I included hunter-gatherers for a reason, and I did not specify the time period of naval bodies. Navies existed long before the advent of firearms, and they battled storms alongside other armies not to mention mobilizing resources, and they simply do not look fat.

There is nothing about fighting beasts that turns you into a beer bellied goon. Most people who fight beasts, as you can tell by the lion hunters in Africa or the Inuits who deal with bears, don't look fat.
    There's a difference between hunters in real life and Monster hunters in azaroth.

5+ Year Old Account

These guys are Tauren-Sized. When I say they "Fight Monsters" I mean they're big enough to wrestle a tiger with submission moves. Huge enough to hit a five star frog splash on a Hippopotamus. Massive enough to box krakens under Marquess of Queensbury rules.

We're not talking normal humans, here, my friend. We're talking about a whole race of Andre the Giant's WWF Descriptions minus the congenital heart defects or bone fragility of a human frame forced beyond standard dimensions in an Earthlike Gravity.

These guys aren't just "Soldiers of the Sea". They're freaking GIANTS who -happen- to live on an island.

The females are supposed to be "monster fighters" just as much as the males, but their model is in no way representative of it. They look like medieval housewives that gave birth to 8 children, who spend their whole day cooking or washing clothes by the river. They do not look like they have any strenght whatsoever.

They need their hip width reduced and the muscle tone needs to be created too(not raised, because they have none).

- - - Updated - - -

Virtually NONE of the Proudmoores, who represented Kul'tiras, are fat. Jaina isn't fat, her mother isn't fat, and neither was her father.

This is purely a fabricated look where they took the vrykul model and fattened it to tell people "see, we're not just giving you humans with different hairstyles and accents as an allied race."

This garbage that fat women were valued for health is also a load of crap since anyone who's looked at aboriginal peoples and even tribes of Africa or the culture of the vikings full well knows that none of them sought being fat. There are virtually no fat people in hunter/gatherer societies unless they're old.
    This is what you get when a race is made upon binary parity between the Horde and the Alliance instead of creativity.

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    They just look like Pam Pooveys boring sister.
    Hahaha omg they so do!!

5+ Year Old Account
    There weren't many fat people in hunter gatherer cultures because they couldn't hunt and gather enough to GET fat.

Old ones got fat because they were skilled enough to both survive and get enough food to GET fat.

All humans are descended from fat humans by the way. People who gathered enough extra food to get fat enough that their bodies could use that excess fat to form and power their massive fucking brains (compared to contemporary animals).

However, the second you get into agrarian cultures, where people had enough food production that they could store excess food for the better part of a -year- beyond what they needed, people got fat as -fuuuuuuuuuuuuck-. In fact, being fat became a status symbol because it meant you -had- enough food to -get- fat. It wasn't until recently that skinny came into fashion. (And primarily for women, male skinniness came along as a status symbol even later).

And, again, these particular Kul'tirans aren't "Kul'tirans". They're Kul'tiran Monster Hunters. And if you've got an entire society of 8 foot tall superbeasts with giant muscles and bone structure who can pass on those genetic traits to their children you're no longer looking at mutant humans: You're looking a lateral evolution and species divergence.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    The females are supposed to be "monster fighters" just as much as the males, but their model is in no way representative of it. They look like medieval housewives that gave birth to 8 children, who spend their whole day cooking or washing clothes by the river. They do not look like they have any strenght whatsoever.

They need their hip width reduced and the muscle tone needs to be created too(not raised, because they have none).

- - - Updated - - -

This is what you get when a race is made upon binary parity between the Horde and the Alliance instead of creativity.
    OMG, you people complain about everything! Stop proving the hordes that make fun of you right.

We got the badass elves, we got the most badass dwarves, we got the badass huge humans with awesome wood skulls and you guys complain to no end. Give it a rest! If you want trash trolls that look like blue pigs with tusks go horde, by all means. Geez...

Quote Originally Posted by rogueMatthias View Post
    I don't thin this is even about "weight" or "fatness". The femals model is just boring and dull. I always thought the human female model was too plain, but the Kul Tiran model looks even more plain and frumpy and boring.
    Well, that's something i can agree with, although it seems in general like the Kul Tirans are significantly behind Zandalari in development right now, with the male model probably having been designed before the female one.

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    These guys are Tauren-Sized. When I say they "Fight Monsters" I mean they're big enough to wrestle a tiger with submission moves. Huge enough to hit a five star frog splash on a Hippopotamus. Massive enough to box krakens under Marquess of Queensbury rules.

We're not talking normal humans, here, my friend. We're talking about a whole race of Andre the Giant's WWF Descriptions minus the congenital heart defects or bone fragility of a human frame forced beyond standard dimensions in an Earthlike Gravity.

These guys aren't just "Soldiers of the Sea". They're freaking GIANTS who -happen- to live on an island.
    So do vrykul, but instead we got stretched out vrykul (the male KT is virtually a vrykul fattened up with a few extra facial hair options) and then Blizzard called them Kul'tirans. That's what happens when Blizzard runs the alliance into the ground with human centric narratives, they run out of ideas for races so they just revamp already existing ones into something "different".