Page 14 of 21 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lucrece View Post
    So do vrykul, but instead we got stretched out vrykul (the male KT is virtually a vrykul fattened up with a few extra facial hair options) and then Blizzard called them Kul'tirans. That's what happens when Blizzard runs the alliance into the ground with human centric narratives, they run out of ideas for races so they just revamp already existing ones into something "different".
    The fact that all Vrykuls have going for them is that they are "big humans" to the point where another human race being big robs them of that """"culture"""" is just proof enough that they are far too vapid and uninteresting to ever have made it as an allied race.

5+ Year Old Account
    So do vrykul, but instead we got stretched out vrykul (the male KT is virtually a vrykul fattened up with a few extra facial hair options) and then Blizzard called them Kul'tirans. That's what happens when Blizzard runs the alliance into the ground with human centric narratives, they run out of ideas for races so they just revamp already existing ones into something "different".
    If they'd added Vrykul they'd just be adding "Tall Humans". Monster Hunters are "Fat Humans". Vrykul re human ancestors so it's just more human-centric narratives.

Never gonna please everyone, but at least this way they introduce both something new, but also something different.

While I'd love to have Vrykul, too, I'm happy to have Kul'tirans and I can't wait to put mine in plate armor and SMASH THINGS WITH A HAMMER!
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by Nemmar View Post
    OMG, you people complain about everything! Stop proving the hordes that make fun of you right.

We got the badass elves, we got the most badass dwarves, we got the badass huge humans with awesome wood skulls and you guys complain to no end. Give it a rest! If you want trash trolls that look like blue pigs with tusks go horde, by all means. Geez...
    What you said has got nothing to do with my post. It's objective complaining mixed in with a certain dose of subjectivity too; subjectivity that is shared across the board by both Horde and Alliance players, making it quite obvious how these Kul Tiran humans are senseless.

What you said amounts to serving meat to a hundred vegans at their favourite vegan restaurant and telling them to stop complaining.

In short, you're salty Blizzard chose the nation of seafarer that's been in the Lore since WC2 over the giant protohumans that have no reason to help their degenerate children to begin with and hate them to boot. Not to mention don't have the fleet the Alliance needs right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The thing with Vrykul is that they have expansive lore and history in the game. We'll have to wait and see how Kul Tirans fare in this.
    A lot of that history involves not getting along with their descendants who form a significant part of the Alliance, though. Also, neither the Northrend nor the Stormheim clans have any significant fleet, so they're kinda useless right now.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnagarde View Post
    What you said has got nothing to do with my post. It's objective complaining mixed in with a certain dose of subjectivity too; subjectivity that is shared across the board by both Horde and Alliance players, making it quite obvious how these Kul Tiran humans are senseless.

What you said amounts to serving meat to a hundred vegans at their favourite vegan restaurant and telling them to stop complaining.
    Maybe they should stop being vegan if it's looking like nothing can please them since there's no vegan meal on the menu.

15+ Year Old Account
    The fundamental problem with the female models is their textures. The body type itself isn't a huge issue, it's just that the textures completely lack definition and character, which makes them just look out of shape.

Most likely because, at least for now, it's just the normal human female texture stretched out, whereas the male Kul Tirans were built using the Vrykul NPC texture (same veins and hair, just less muscle definition).

Took the model into photoshop to show what I mean.

Add just a rough hint of muscle definition, contouring, and some weathered features (I basically just scribbled it on and blended a bit) and they start looking better:

Then throw in some actual character and personality -- makeup, scars, tattoos (modeled loosely after the concept art) -- and they instantly come to life:

Last edited by Kathranis; 2018-03-17 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The fundamental problem with the female models is their textures. The body type itself isn't a huge issue, it's just that the textures completely lack definition and character, which makes them just look out of shape.

Most likely because, at least for now, it's just the normal human female texture stretched out, whereas the Kul Tirans were built using the Vrykul NPC texture (same veins and hair, just less muscle definition).

Add just a rough hint of muscle definition and some weathered features (I basically just scribbled it on and blended a bit) and they start looking better:

Then throw in some actual character and personality -- makeup, scars, tattoos (modeled loosely after the concept art) -- and they instantly come to life:

Definitely an improvement. Now, can someone fix the male faces so that they don't look like pumpkin-chinned gorillas?

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    In short, you're salty Blizzard chose the nation of seafarer that's been in the Lore since WC2 over the giant protohumans that have no reason to help their degenerate children to begin with and hate them to boot. Not to mention don't have the fleet the Alliance needs right now.
    I'm salty they revamped the nation of seafarers into fat vrykul, yes. Odyn has plenty of reason to help the alliance, so you could easily recruit vrykul who follow him anyways.

Don't lecture me on fucking lore. The Nightborne joined the horde, who destroyed a magical tree of the race that just gave them the arcan'dor, and meanwhile horde druids have had no qualms either about the burning of sacred world trees.

I hardly doubt most crap Blizzard does prioritizes lore for implementation.

And since you're talking about useless, let's not even mention void elves who are a tiny rag tag bunch of exiles with no sizable army or navy.

The Dark Irons are a scattered faction that are barely a remnant of their former clan as well, so obviously allied races are not introduced on basis of utility since the horde would win lopsidedly by virtue of gaining the largest troll empire alongside the entirety of the Broken Shore factions.
    Last edited by Lucrece; 2018-03-17 at 06:21 PM.

I'm salty they revamped the nation of seafarers into fat vrykul, yes. Odyn has plenty of reason to help the alliance, so you could easily recruit vrykul who follow him anyways.

Don't lecture me on fucking lore. The Nightborne joined the horde, who destroyed a magical tree of the race that just gave them the arcan'dor, and meanwhile horde druids have had no qualms either about the burning of sacred world trees.

I hardly doubt most crap Blizzard does prioritizes lore for implementation.
    We still don't know how that tree ends up getting burned, and whether the Horde druids approve. Also, the Nightborne join before any of that happens.

So maybe those lore lectures are justified.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    We still don't know how that tree ends up getting burned, and whether the Horde druids approve. Also, the Nightborne join before any of that happens.

So maybe those lore lectures are justified.
    Who cares about the point at which they join? They STAY, and most importantly we have this fabricated hostility blamed on Tyrande when the Nightborne have a debt to the night elves based on what they did to the Moonguard and the fact a night elf fucking druid just cured them of their withered affliction.

But OK, forsake your kin to go join a bunch of undead and orcs with no qualms for cutting down their sacred lands like Ashenvale.

The lore has been more than mangled in the name of pushing their crappy orc vs. human themed old school Warcraft expansion.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The vast majority of military men of naval occupation don't wrestle sea monsters for a living. Or fight seamonsters with automatic weapons. Or see sea monsters since they don't exist...

'Cause remember: That's what these folks -do-. As a race, not just a subset of society.
    Man I was gonna open the in game map to rattle off all the monsters on the map and how those are probably real monsters in Azeroth.... but Blizz took out all the monsters in the Legion update.

But yeah the Great Sea isn't the Atlantic Ocean. There's actual Krakens in there.

Also, regarding female Kul'tirans. Just strip the armor off the male and female models and tell me which one looks like a bodybuilder and which one looks just plain fat. It's a muscle definition thing, Females don't have it. Easy fix, since that's probably more their garbage textures (see: their faces) than their model.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I whish they look like this instead of fat beer lovers

5+ Year Old Account
    Who cares about the point at which they join? They STAY, and most importantly we have this fabricated hostility blamed on Tyrande when the Nightborne have a debt to the night elves based on what they did to the Moonguard and the fact a night elf fucking druid just cured them of their withered affliction.

But OK, forsake your kin to go join a bunch of undead and orcs with no qualms for cutting down their sacred lands like Ashenvale.

The lore has been more than mangled in the name of pushing their crappy orc vs. human themed old school Warcraft expansion.
    The Nightborne never considered Ashenvale Sacred. That stuff came later, and was a function of the Kal'dorei rather than the Quel'dorei (which are the cultural ancestors of the Nightborne).

Though yeah, their reasons for joining the Horde were minimal. But other than the Alliance having Night Elves why would they join the Alliance? The Horde's got the Blood Elves who -are- the Quel'dorei, they helped during the revolution, and they didn't constantly talk shit the whole time. But the Alliance? They helped with the war and they've got elves that look similar (And hate arcane magic users). So, y'know, consider those things canceled out. And "The Night Elves" didn't fix the Arcan'dor. A night elf did. A member of the Cenarion Circle of Druids. Tyrande didn't authorize him or ordered him to do that, he did it himself. That'd be like if some farmer on the US border with Mexico grew a plant that stopped Gang Violence and then people claimed that America helped Mexico's gang violence problem. America didn't, Farmer Smith did.

I actually started a thread about this, months ago, and ultimately there were a handful of flimsy ass reasons they'd join either side. But they have to join one side or the other if they want to move about the world, so... pick one. The closed off Alliance who don't trust you, and have made no efforts to bring you into their political alliance while also being rude, or the Horde which treated you sympathetically and actively has a representative coming to ask you to join them.
    When you are accustomed to privilege, equality feels like injustice.

Quote Originally Posted by solidhammer View Post

I whish they look like this instead of fat beer lovers
    Woah, like the humans we already have? NEAT!

More bulky different faces and hair cuts and taller

Quote Originally Posted by Steampunkette View Post
    The Nightborne never considered Ashenvale Sacred. That stuff came later, and was a function of the Kal'dorei rather than the Quel'dorei (which are the cultural ancestors of the Nightborne).

Though yeah, their reasons for joining the Horde were minimal. But other than the Alliance having Night Elves why would they join the Alliance? The Horde's got the Blood Elves who -are- the Quel'dorei, they helped during the revolution, and they didn't constantly talk shit the whole time. But the Alliance? They helped with the war and they've got elves that look similar (And hate arcane magic users). So, y'know, consider those things canceled out. And "The Night Elves" didn't fix the Arcan'dor. A night elf did. A member of the Cenarion Circle of Druids. Tyrande didn't authorize him or ordered him to do that, he did it himself. That'd be like if some farmer on the US border with Mexico grew a plant that stopped Gang Violence and then people claimed that America helped Mexico's gang violence problem. America didn't, Farmer Smith did.

I actually started a thread about this, months ago, and ultimately there were a handful of flimsy ass reasons they'd join either side. But they have to join one side or the other if they want to move about the world, so... pick one. The closed off Alliance who don't trust you, and have made no efforts to bring you into their political alliance while also being rude, or the Horde which treated you sympathetically and actively has a representative coming to ask you to join them.
    The closed off alliance was merely a plot contrivance to give horde night elves, just as they did with void elves to give the alliance a blood elf model.

And the nightborne are not quel'dorei. The cinematics themselves show how the nightborne looked previously, exactly like night elves, not blood elves.

The night elves had all reason to scold them, they abandoned them in their time of need in the sundering, killed off the moon guard in a pact with Gul'dan. So yeah, if I were helping you reclaim your city, I wouldn't be remiss in reminding you of where you fucked up.

A member of the cenarion circle of druids is still a night elf druid. And in joining the horde, they'll be killing night elf druids in addition to destroying one of the most sacred sites to night elf druids.

And not only did the night elf druid create the arcan'dor, but he enlisted the help of the Moonguard for it, who are night elf arcane users, who are still accepted in night elf society just as the highborne were accepted back by TYRANDE.

The trolls were killing the night elves and their ancestors long before the sundering even happened, and yet they're joining a faction chock full of them.

There is no lore explanation for it, just expediency to provide racial equivalents to each faction.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Yeah, because obviously the only way for humans to look different and be part of a separate faction is to be fat slobs with pumpkin faces.

Quote Originally Posted by EbaumsTipster View Post
    Particularly because that guy is a Stormwind human.

Personally I'd like to see the stomachs brought in a bit on both models. It's no a "fat" issue for me but an even proportion thing for me. You ever see a guy who thinks every day is upper body day and skips leg days? Looks stupid. I like more even proportions and the stomachs just look overly bulged/bloated to me.

With all the adventuring and fighting player characters do, the stomach doesn't make much sense. Not saying I want everything to look Frank Frazetta drew it (wouldn't mind though). I know a bit of fat helped gladiators against shallow cuts. So a non-bloated, strong/powerful, proportional body would be ideal for male and female Kul'tirans.

I would have personally used Overwatch's Zarya as inspiration for the female Kul'tirans if I was in charge.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post

Most likely because, at least for now, it's just the normal human female texture stretched out, whereas the male Kul Tirans were built using the Vrykul NPC texture (same veins and hair, just less muscle definition).

Add just a rough hint of muscle definition, contouring, and some weathered features (I basically just scribbled it on and blended a bit) and they start looking better:

https://i.imgur.com/iqnF3ho.png[/IMG]

https://i.imgur.com/NoBAR9o.png[/IMG]
    Eyy someone beat me to my point that it's a texture issue moreso than a model issue.

But yeah I hope Blizz fixes them before they go live. And not fixed like they "fixed" Female Worgen, either.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)