Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

Lightbulb Is a pirate class possbile and would it be like?(speculation)

Okay, I already know what your all gonna say: "We already have pirates, just play a rogue" "We just got a new class in legion" "Blizz are too busy with Allied Races", well I say to you, "I want a dedicated pirate CLASS, not a spec" "Doesn't mean we can't have another one" "maybe, but I don't care"

okay so I'll go over my ideas for a special class capital, special features and specs for them

So I think they could congregate in either Freehold or Plunder Isle, where they will be able to choose which crew they will be affiliated with from the Bloodsail Blackwater, Southsea Freebooters, Red Blade, and the 3 crews you encounter in the Freehold dungeoun Council O' Captains fight, and each crew would give you a bonus
    Bloodsail; you can purchase blood red pirate themed clothing and are automatically friendly with the Bloodsail Buccaneers faction
    Blackwater; you get bonus reputation with any goblin cartel
    Southsea; you loot more junk off of enemies
    Red Blade; you can choose to become a vampyr
    Blacktooth; you are able to fight while disarmed
    Bilge Rats; you can give your enemies rabies
    Cutwater; you get 2% more gold from quests

Pirates will use leather armor, and be able to have pets in the form of crew members, which can be recruited from humanoid, undead, demons and aberrations, and possibly giants

Each spec focuses on a different form of pirate combat

Buccaneer(tank); you are a brutal brawler experienced with 2 handed combat and are able to stun enemies with swift kicks and punches, as well as a good helping of knockbacks
    Gunner(damage); you use explosive shots, and spread explosives around the battlefield which explode after a short duration ,you are able to call upon your ship to unleash sweeping cannon fire as a powerful CD
    Privateer(damage); you use 1 handed weapons to strategically hinder your opponents and give you and your allies an advantage
    Sea Priest(healing);(thank you @CreatureLives for your suggestion) a melee oriented healer using one 1 hander, and using the power of water to heal your allies

Edit; moving a more fleshed and thought out concept here so those new to the thread can find it

Class; Privateer Captain

Customization; able to have peg legs, can choose a permanent eyepatch, series of sailor tattoos

Story(AKA, Wall of Text)
    you are the Quartermaster on a Irontide crew, from when you were "commissioned" as a powder monkey, you are called into the captain's quarters to speak with Captain Crushjaw(an elderly Orc) and First Mate Squiggly(a Goblin in a mech), you are told that they have been called to rendezvous with Harlan Sweete on a nearby island, while on the way you are told to handle a few chores and to make sure no ones takes the ship or anything on it, you go round making sure the powder monkeys(who are mostly Hozen) are ready and alert, count cannonballs, kill a few sneaky Gilblins, and polish the Captains skull collection when you arrive at the island Harlan wishes to meet the captain at, he tells you of a problem he is having with a deserter who has convinced the local Murlocs of the Island to protect him, and will give a chest in exchange for aid in eliminating the Traitor, you go around killing murlocs and interrogating murlocs to tell you where the traitor is, you eventually learn that he is holed up in a cave nearby, and you go and eliminate him, he is guarded by Ogre thugs and is named Wimble Gearsail(a Gnome), you go and collect the chest from Harlan, and he wishes you Fairwell and be safe, you take the chest to the captain and Squiggly demands to open it now and once the captain opens the chest it is revealed to be booby trapped and the resulting explosion kills the Captain and Squiggly and leaves you unconscious, once you awake you are told that you are the new captain, and realizing Harlan set you up, demand all the Irontide flags be torn down and thrown off the ship, you decide that while you will not attempt to kill Harlan until the time is right, and sail to Freehold to dock your ship, and you decide to go where the real money is at, Mercenary work

Gear; mail armor, one handed weapons, 2 handed weapons, polearms, guns, crossbows, and bows, fist weapons, and glaives

Specs based on the Council O' Captains members
    General abilities; abilities al specs can use
    Summon Crewman; summon a member of ye crew to fight with you
    Recruit; recruit a humanoid, undead, aberration, or giant to join you crew
    Size up; judge nearby humanoid, undead, aberration, or giant to see if they'd be a good addition to your crew
    Maroon; leave a crewman to their fate
    Get back up!; tell your current crewman to get back up

Buccaneer;(tank spec) a master at brawling, strong and knows when to call in reinforcements uses masters of duel wielding, and fist weapons
    Skeletal Crew; summon 3 skeletons to fight your enemies
    Weigh anchor; swing around an anchor hitting enemies around you 3 times
    Rock the Boat; stomp, knocking anyone within 6 meters around you up
    Need a drink; shove a grog barrel onto your targets head, confusing them for 4 seconds, and making them tipsy
    Dirty fighting; kick your current target, stunning them for 2 seconds and dealing X physical damage
    Keelhaul; throw your anchor at your current target, and pulling them towards you

Gunner; (dps spec) a master of grenades and cannons, and different types of magical powder, best with guns, crossbows, and bows
    Mortar; shoot a basic mortar doing X fire damage
    Freeze grenade; throw a grenade of Ice Powder, slowing and dealing X damage to anyone in the radius
    Arcane Salvo; take position and launch rapid fire Arcane Powder rounds in a given 7 meter radius
    Shrapnel grenades; throw several Shrapnel grenades in a 5 meter radius zone, each exploding 3 seconds after they land and dealing X damage to anyone in it's blast range, and applying a bleed effect for X damage
    Shadow Barrage; call your crew, ordering them to blast Shadow imbued cannonfire in a 10 meter radius for 5 seconds dealing X damage to anyone standing in the radius each second
    Stock Hit; hit your opponent in the head with the stock of your gun, dealing X damage and interrupting any casts

Professional; (dps spec) you are a master of trickery and dealing with your enemies smoothly and efficiently, best with polearms and 2 handed weapons
    Flogging; whip an enemy for 4 seconds, applying a bleed stack for X damage each stack, but only while their in range of the whip(2 meters)
    Puzzling maneuver; you randomly leap to a currently engaged enemy 3 times, not quite knowing where you'll end up
    Skewer; wind up a stab, and if anyone is in the way they are hit for X physical damage, and have a Bleed for X damage applied to them
    Chum the waters; throw a bucket of bloody bait at your enemy, causing a local predator to attack them for 5 seconds
    Molotov; throw a bottle of flaming Cocktail, setting a 8 meter radius on fire which deals X damage each second to any enemies standing in it until it dissipates after 10 seconds
    Dead Men; silence your current target for 4 seconds

Crews; once you get to Freehold you are able to choose a new crew to affiliate with, each giving a different bonus, and purchasable pets and clothing inspired by that crew
    Bloodsail; DoTs bleeds you cause do slightly more damage, Bloodsail Parrot(uses new model with eyepatch and hook)
    Bilge Rats; your crew occasionally use different potions to increase their potential, Bilge Rat Rat(rat using mount model)
    Blacktooth; stuns last for a second longer, Blacktooth Dog(uses mastiff model with an eyepatch)
    Cutwater; you get more gold from quests, Cutwater Monkey(based on Monkey!Jack from Pirates of the Caribbean, wears a hat)
    Red Blade; DoTs you've applied to enemies now heal you for 50% of damage dealt, Red Blade Vampire Bat(vampire bat with a pirate hat)

TBC(Feel free to ask questions or express your opinions in the comments, seriously I think this is the only thread I've ever created that hasn't gotten it's first comment in the first few minutes)
    Last edited by Psykho; 2019-09-13 at 10:59 PM. Reason: update

Deleted
    Oh oh oh, im the number 1 fan of pirates. I love them.

This would be awesome.

Was pretty sad when they were nerfed in Hearthstone

I don't think a pirate class would be different enough from a rogue to justify its existence.

Quote Originally Posted by torish View Post
    Rogues already have a pirate spec. Arrrr.
    Look at the top paragraph

Edit; knew I'd get this kind of stuff, even gave it specs as different from Outlaw Rogues as I could

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Psykho View Post
    Look at the top paragraph

Edit; knew I'd get this kind of stuff, even gave it specs as different from Outlaw Rogues as I could
    The problem is though, is that it won't happen and for exactly the reason you want us to ignore.

'Pirate' is already a thing you can play.

7+ Year Old Account
    a pirate does not have enough lore to dictate a whole class, it does have enough for a spec though, and we have one, rogue has "rogue" "Ninja" and "Pirate"
    Quote Originally Posted by WowIsDead64 View Post
    Remove combat, Mobs, PvP, and Difficult Content

Isnt that spec piratish enough? I think it is. You just need a baseline eyepatch and a parrot on cooldown.
    you can't read can you?

"We already have pirates, just play a rogue"
    And let me quote the most relevant:

SPECULATION!!!!

"I want a dedicated pirate CLASS, not a spec"

Seriously.. Speculate about Engineer becoming a class (Tinker) and people cream their pants
    Speculate about pirates? "HURPADURPA BECOME ROGUE LAWL I AM SO SMART"

Isnt that spec piratish enough? I think it is. You just need a baseline eyepatch and a parrot on cooldown.
    I want a CLASS, not a spec, look at the specs I came up with a 2 hander tank, a gunner, and a 1 hander(non duel wield) focusing on giving you the advantage and your opponent a disadvantage, their pretty far from the Outlaw Rogue, exceot maybe that last one in a way

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    you can't read can you?

And let me quote the most relevant:

SPECULATION!!!!

"I want a dedicated pirate CLASS, not a spec"
    THANK YOU, finally someone who doesn't come to my Thread just to say my ideas will never happen

Well they'd have to totally redo the "Outlaw" spec but yeah it sounds interesting. I like the idea of having a Parrot ability on CD, would definitely be funny.

Okay, I already know what your all gonna say: "We already have pirates, just play a rogue" "We just got a new class in legion" "Blizz are too busy with Allied Races", well I say to you, "I want a dedicated pirate CLASS, not a spec" "Doesn't mean we can't have another one" "maybe, but I don't care"

okay so I'll go over my ideas for a special class capital, special features and specs for them

So I think they could conjugate in either Freehold or Plunder Isle, where they will be able to choose which crew they will be affiliated with from the Bloodsail Blackwater, Southsea Freebooters, Red Blade, and the 3 crews you encounter in the Freehold dungeoun Council O' Captains fight, and each crew would give you a bonus
    Bloodsail; you can purchase blood red pirate themed clothing and are automatically friendly with the Bloodsail Buccaneers faction
    Blackwater; you get bonus reputation with any goblin cartel
    Southsea; you loot more junk off of enemies
    Red Blade; you can choose to become a vampyr
    Blacktooth; you are able to fight while disarmed
    Bilge Rats; you can give your enemies rabies
    Cutwater; you get 2% more gold from quests

Pirates will use leather armor, and be able to have pets in the form of crew members, which can be recruited from humanoid, undead, demons and aberrations, and possibly giants

Each spec focuses on a different form of pirate combat

Buccaneer(tank); you are a brutal brawler experienced with 2 handed combat and are able to stun enemies with swift kicks and punches
    Gunner(damage); you are able to call upon your ship to unleash sweeping cannon fire
    Privateer(damage); you use 1 handed weapons to strategically hinder your opponents and give you and your allies an advantage
    We already have pirates, just play a rogue.

Your wall of bollocks doesn't change that. Play a rogue.

Quote Originally Posted by FelPlague View Post
    a pirate does not have enough lore to dictate a whole class, it does have enough for a spec though, and we have one, rogue has "rogue" "Ninja" and "Pirate"
    I don't really care about that, I just want a dedicated pirate class, not a single spec that forces me to be a sneaky sneak instead of Blackbeard or Jack Sparrow

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMonk79 View Post
    Well they'd have to totally redo the "Outlaw" spec but yeah it sounds interesting. I like the idea of having a Parrot ability on CD, would definitely be funny.
    Naw mate, just have the specs be different from the Swashbuckler theme of the rogue

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post

We don't have a pirate CLASS

Deleted
    pirates r the rogues of the seas...

no, WoW doesnt need a new pirate class, cuz we already have one spec fitting the idea of pirate, an extra class couldnt distinct from Outlaw. but WoW could use a new class for sure. also a new talent system. and more toys. and mounts. solo challenges, 1v1 arena, community management reform, graphx update to at least 2015 standard [...]

Quote Originally Posted by InDecisive View Post

Stop whining, your line of bollocks doesn't change the fact that you're wasting everyone's time. Congratz though! You must feel great now.

does anyone even read the OP these days, I put some pretty cool ideas in it even if I do say so myself

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    But...but..but...your ideas will never happen.
    I... Don't... give.... A DAMN

5+ Year Old Account
    Sure, we haven't had a new leather melee class added to the game in a while.

I think there should be more pirate transmogs. As like real pirate hats. And a transmoggable parrot for the shoulder.
    Look at my OP, just please read it before you complain more

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cecil View Post
    Sure, we haven't had a new leather melee class added to the game in a while.
    I sense a sarcasm in the force

7+ Year Old Account
    I don't really care about that, I just want a dedicated pirate class, not a single spec that forces me to be a sneaky sneak instead of Blackbeard or Jack Sparrow

- - - Updated - - -

Naw mate, just have the specs be different from the Swashbuckler theme of the rogue

- - - Updated - - -

We don't have a pirate CLASS
    except combat rogues arnt about being sneaky sneak? yeah you have stealth but you have cannons, sabers, pistols...

also then why the fuck did you make a thread if you dont care that people disgree with you

i want a class that uses lazor rifles, familiars, magical books, is made of noodles, and summons armies of sentient desks, dont you dare disagree with me.

Deleted
    We share the same love for pirates OP

7+ Year Old Account
    does anyone even read the OP these days, I put some pretty cool ideas in it even if I do say so myself
    no, they are bad ideas, they could be good ideas if put into combat spec, but they could not be a class all on their own, and we are telling you that but you seem to not be able to understand that.

If you want to make pirates a class please give us the 2-3 specs and atleast 10 spells+10 passives and 10 talents they would have, specific to each spec.