Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    my nerdon is like, so hard right now.

The lore of Strom and its surroundings, as well as the foundation of it is my favorite part of WoW. Also, that is where the alliance as we know today was forged, before humans got magic and it all went to shit xd

and yeah, its a common mistake people making, assuming that the trollbane line is related to the empire of arathor. They are just a strong family within the kingdom, but not its founding bloodline, that's the Arathi and afaik, its only Anduin Lothar who is the last of the bloodline, and he died a while back. I guess Trollbane is as good as we'll get?
    Last edited by mmoc96f3bf9e48; 2018-03-17 at 02:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tangman View Post
    my nerdon is like, so hard right now.

The lore of Strom and its surroundings, as well as the foundation of it is my favorite part of WoW. Also, that is where the alliance as we know today was forged, before humans got magic and it all went to shit xd

and yeah, its a common mistake people making, assuming that the trollbane line is related to the empire of arathor. They are just a strong family within the kingdom, but not its founding bloodline, that's the Arathi and afaik, its only Anduin Lothar who is the last of the bloodline, and he died a while back. I guess Trollbane is as good as we'll get?
    The founding bloodline of the Empire of Arathor abandoned Strom way long ago, they actually went ahead and helped create the Kingdom of Azeroth (Stormwind). Think of Stromgarde as the last defenders who remained loyal to the mother city of humans. Trollbanes have nothing to do with King Thoradin as Ignaeus Trollbane was the first of the line.

Quote Originally Posted by Imperium Romanum View Post
    The founding bloodline of the Empire of Arathor abandoned Strom way long ago, they actually went ahead and helped create the Kingdom of Azeroth (Stormwind). Think of Stromgarde as the last defenders who remained loyal to the mother city of humans. Trollbanes have nothing to do with King Thoradin as Ignaeus Trollbane was the first of the line.
    They could always retcon it to Anduin Lothar being the last of the patrilineal line; whereas, the Trollbanes could be descended through the matrilineal line, e.g. King Thoradin could have married off his sisters and/or female cousins to Ignaeus Trollbane, etc.

P.S. Since Thoradin considered Ignaeus Trollbane to be his brother, it wouldn't be a stretch to retcon the lore to my proposal.
    Last edited by In Ogres We Trust; 2018-03-17 at 05:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Black View Post
    He last remaining living member of Trollbane bloodline. Its automatically makes him Stromgarde's future king.

Quote from wowpedia:

Fist and bird both are symbols of Stromgarde. I personally would choose fist but Blizzard choose bird probably because fist already used by Silver Hand.

- - - Updated - - -

Trollbane are not from Thoradin's bloodline. The only one who can ask for Strom'kar is Anduin Lothar.

Trollbane have their own family weapons - Trollbane Axe and Trol'kalar Sword.

Trollbane family descend from Ignaeus Trollbane - one of Thoradin's friends and generals:

Sorry for big picture - i'm just hyped for Stromgarde.
    Galen Trollbane was the last king of Stormgarde and he was ressurected as Forsaken then he rebelled and was killed. Danath didn't side with Galen so that makes him traitor and there has being alot of cases in our history that a traitor was the last remaining family member even then rarely where they chosen as king. So no by default it doesn't make him the king. Also Stormgarde left alliance before third war and whem Danath heard it in TBC he didn't rush to join with the living Galen.

Quote Originally Posted by Terongor View Post
    Galen Trollbane was the last king of Stormgarde and he was ressurected as Forsaken then he rebelled and was killed. Danath didn't side with Galen so that makes him traitor and there has being alot of cases in our history that a traitor was the last remaining family member even then rarely where they chosen as king. So no by default it doesn't make him the king. Also Stormgarde left alliance before third war and whem Danath heard it in TBC he didn't rush to join with the living Galen.
    Galen was rebel who killed his own father. Galen died and when he did he lose any right to Stromgarde. By your logic Stromgarde should belong to Ebon Blade.

Also Danath was fighting Burning Legion back in TBC.

The only one who traitor there is Galen.

Galen was rebel who killed his own father. Galen died and when he did he lose any right to Stromgarde. By your logic Stromgarde should belong to Ebon Blade.

Public don't know that. We have no knowledge that many people know this. Thoras said left stormgarde for good in Legion and aknowledged that "Death and ruin." Happened to stormgarde also Thoras carries Trol'kalar know. He could have left after tbc and when he heard Galen was back he should have went to him not serve the alliance.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kaleredar View Post
    Just in time for it to be effectively turned into a battleground that neither faction will ever win in lore, right?
    It is not a battleground, it is a warfront. That is a PvE thing. From the datamined stuff there's also something like that in the Barrens, so if they actually want to go with EK for Alliance and Kalimdor for the Horde, those two would be the beginning and Alliance win at Stromgarde and Horde in the Barrens.

10+ Year Old Account
    I like that both factions are trying to "regroup with old allies" (Humans getting back their kingdoms, and joining back with those that were left a long time ago -Kultiras-)

One of a few instances when I can say that I’ll enjoy this human focused content. Mostly because it relates nicely to trolls
    I’m gonna enjoy murdering Trollbane on my Zandalari.

Bring back Anduin Lothar too plz.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    I wonder what Thoras himself thinks of this

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

i'm in love with that tabard

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    I wonder what Thoras himself thinks of this
    Honestly, I belive he is quite fine with this. Sure his death was a tragic betrayal from his own son and his kingdom turned into a mess, but now being a Death Knight, he has cast off all his other titles and claims. Like every other death knight before him, his old life and everything he had in it means nothing to him now.
    He now excists only to serve the Deathlord as one of the Four Horsemen.

Well, with Kul'tiras and Stromgarde joining the fold, and Lordaeron being retaken, the Human nations will finally be unified in WoW.

Public don't know that. We have no knowledge that many people know this. Thoras said left stormgarde for good in Legion and aknowledged that "Death and ruin." Happened to stormgarde also Thoras carries Trol'kalar know. He could have left after tbc and when he heard Galen was back he should have went to him not serve the alliance.
    Are you serious or just angry that Horde didn't got Stromgarde?

Galen betrayed his father. Then he died. The moment he got resurrected and joined Forsaken he lose any right to throne for Alliance people.

Danath was in Outland because it was his duty as Alliance commander. The same Alliance Stromgarde and Galen rejoined before Vanilla.

Stop whining.

PS Isn't Danath is very old? I wonder how he secure bloodline without heir? ROFL.

I wonder if Danath is crowned by some religious figure as was common, or just grabs the crown himself. Because the latter creates questions of legitimacy. After all, it's never been confirmed he could inherit at all (he was a cousin of Thoras and his parent on the royal side is unkown; if it was his mother and Stromgarde had absolute agnatic inheritance, the female line would have been skipped).

Except that's not common knowledge.

Galen betrayed his father. Then he died. The moment he got resurrected and joined Forsaken he lose any right to throne for Alliance people.

Danath was in Outland because it was his duty as Alliance commander. The same Alliance Stromgarde and Galen rejoined before Vanilla.

Stop whining.

PS Isn't Danath is very old? I wonder how he secure bloodline without heir? ROFL.
    Stromgarde never rejoined the Alliance.
    Last edited by Mehrunes; 2018-03-17 at 10:38 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Does the CIA pay you for your bullshit or are you just bootlicking in your free time?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirishka View Post
    I'm quite tired of people who dislike something/disagree with something while attacking/insulting anyone that disagrees. Its as if at some point, people forgot how opinions work.

It's about time that member of the Stormwind Statue Brigade got some recognition.

Stop whining.

I actually don't care about Stormgarde.

Even though he betrayed his father it doesn't matter as betrayal of Nation because only handful of people knew about it and where on Galens side.
    Also Stormgarde never rejoined alliance and Danath didn't follow Kingdoms line in wotlk and leave alliance which makes it he lost all of his right on Throne.
    Also how did Galen lose right to the Throne? Stormgardes Throne has nothing to do with the alliance.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2018-03-17 at 11:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mehrunes View Post
    Stromgarde never rejoined the Alliance.
    Also Stormgarde never rejoined alliance
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/League_of_Arathor

The League of Arathor is formed by the remnants of the once-proud kingdom of Stromgarde, and seeks to claim the basin to profit their benefactors in Stormwind (and, through them, the whole of the Alliance).
    ~ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/pvp...s/arathi-basin
    ~ http://web.archive.org/web/201201011...gue-of-arathor

After recognizing the vastly changed circumstances since his father's death, he agreed to rejoin the Alliance.
    ~ https://wow.gamepedia.com/Galen_Trollbane

I actually don't care about Stormgarde.
    You seem to care about it a great deal, but that might just be me.

and Danath didn't follow Kingdoms line in wotlk and leave alliance which makes it he lost all of his right on Throne.
    He did follow the Kingdom's line, up to the point that he even went to Draenor/Outlands on a suicide mission to protect it.

Not his fault the Kingdom left and then rejoined the Alliance.

Also how did Galen lose right to the Throne? Stormgardes Throne has nothing to do with the alliance.
    He lost the right the moment he was stabbed to death by the Ebon Blade.
    Thoras forsook all oaths and rights so he could serve the Ebon Blade.

Danath is the last of the Trollbane lineage.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadowtwili View Post
    https://wow.gamepedia.com/League_of_Arathor

~ http://us.battle.net/wow/en/game/pvp...s/arathi-basin
    ~ http://web.archive.org/web/201201011...gue-of-arathor

~ https://wow.gamepedia.com/Galen_Trollbane

You seem to care about it a great deal, but that might just be me.

He did follow the Kingdom's line, up to the point that he even went to Draenor/Outlands on a suicide mission to protect it.

Not his fault the Kingdom left and then rejoined the Alliance.

He lost the right the moment he was stabbed to death by the Ebon Blade.
    Thoras forsook all oaths and rights so he could serve the Ebon Blade.

Danath is the last of the Trollbane lineage.
    Then tell me why wasn't Galen never part of it? He was alive as an npc in vanilla and he was never listed in any way belonging to the League of arathor. Also zero memebers of league of Arathor was in vanilla Stromgarde.

Also "The League of Arathor is formed by the remnants of the once-proud kingdom of Stromgarde" do you know what remnants mean in this case? They are not Kingdom anymore they are remnants and by some parts of the remnants joining doesn't make that the Kingdom joins. Also if they where descriped as that in vanilla and didn't follow Galen in vanilla they where only rebels, which makes them the enemy of the Stromgarde.

Also description you they have don't list the part of the city that was in vanilla still controlled by Stromgarde men which where alive and followed Galen the description would be accurate in cata, but not in vanilla till wotlk.

Well yeah he lost then rights to the kingdom when he died, but Danath lost his rights to the throne when he didn't follow Galens lead during cata-legion. He betrayed the kingdom and know alliance tries to seat a traitor to a kingdoms throne, because it benefits them.

League didn't even use tabards or symbols anyway close Stromgardes symbols.

I only like to talk about things.
    Last edited by Terongor; 2018-03-18 at 12:41 AM.