Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Antiganon View Post
    Chivalry worked for me. My wife lived in the same dorm as me in college. One night somebody burned popcorn, setting of the fire alarms and triggering an evacuation. It was about 3am in September in CT, so fairly cold. Most people were in pajamas. I had been up playing WoW, and was fully dressed. I went to talk to a frien, who was talking to a girl he was interested in. The girl's friend was standing there shivering, so I gave her my sweatshirt, we got to talking, and the rest is history.

We have been together for over 10 years and have two kids.
    Popcornman is the greatest wingman.

I graciously open my wallet and purchase a plane ticket to Thailand, Vietnam, or any other developing country in SE Asia. Stroll down any of the main streets in a big city and women throw themselves onto me, because I'm a foreigner with money. It works like a charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stoopid Aik View Post
    I graciously open my wallet and purchase a plane ticket to Thailand, Vietnam, or any other developing country in SE Asia. Stroll down any of the main streets in a big city and women throw themselves onto me, because I'm a foreigner with money. It works like a charm.
    I don't think it works like that.

It'd be the same as you creating a Tinder. Tons of desperate guys frantically swiping right, hoping for the chance at conversation. Except, these women want U.S. citizenship and to leave behind their impoverished lifestyles.

Insurmountable sorrow and dread of being alone forever as you have no prior dating knowledge and severe trust issues.

[Insert Infraction Here]

10+ Year Old Account
    Web site. Lots of pervs there too (mainly 50y +) who just wanna try transgender. But there is also lots of real people who are as well looking for longtime relationship.
    Been living together 1 year with a guy who I met online and it seems there will be many years ahead of us.

For me, it was doing what i do best, help out people with any IT problem at home or in need of any installation at home. Atleast that's how i met people that i could confidently open a dialogue with (whenever i'm in my comfort zone making conversation becomes much more easy and natural with people around me, like, doing what i've been doing since i was 10)

Usually friends of family and school friends etc..

Atleast that's the reason i got together with someone for almost 2 years. If they wouldn't need any help with their router settings i wouldn't have met that person.

Being able to show that you are handy with things are just a solid +1 for most people aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by White Goodman View Post
    Go outside your house and talk to people.
    I found this method to work the best. As long as you are honest, friendly and not playing some game (you know- all the "tricks" people do that they think will help them find someone)- people will be open to you.

It'd be the same as you creating a Tinder. Tons of desperate guys frantically swiping right, hoping for the chance at conversation. Except, these women want U.S. citizenship and to leave behind their impoverished lifestyles.
    @lightspark Would that be what it's like as a white man in Thailand?

Quote Originally Posted by Player Twelve View Post
    @lightspark Would that be what it's like as a white man in Thailand?
    I'm a black guy, not a white.

I'm a black guy, not a white.
    Well, that makes it sound even less believable considering what asians are like regarding black people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bungeebungee View Post
    You admitted to cabbages. No self respecting belf would grow cabbages. We now know you to be a Tauren pretending to grandeur behind Internet anonymity. You're just jealous because goat girls are considered cuter than the female cows. Then again, this is what you have to work with: ""Wanna see some good clog dancing?" compared to ""Are you thinking what I'm thinking?... Good. Bring ample supply of butter and Goblin Jumper Cables."

I use a similar technique I call forgetting to run away fast enough.

As a more serious answer though ... just relax and enjoy the people around you. The ones who find you interesting will probably meet you half way as far as working out if you might end up dating. Don't bother with the stupid PUA crap, but do get out into a variety of situations where you meet people. The fine details are going to depend on who you are, where you are, how you carry yourself, and all the rest, so there isn't a single, magic answer.
    i HATE cabbages. draenei are EVIL SHE HUSSIES that need to be burned at the stake! i only grow cabbages to let them rot so i can throw them at draenei.
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.
    i will never forgive you for this blizzard.

Chloroform.

seriously though I don't generally talk to people. Especially new people I don't know.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by the game View Post
    Chloroform.

seriously though I don't generally talk to people. Especially new people I don't know.
    so then how do you ever meet anyone new or date?
    r.i.p. alleria. 1997-2017. blizzard ruined alleria forever. blizz assassinated alleria's character and appearance.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    Don't use tinder. It's filled with people who are just there for some quick fun. Hard to find any relationship material type of people on it.

My current boyfriend I met at a meetup for Koreans in Singapore.
    congratulations on figuring out what tinder's real purpose is i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    so then how do you ever meet anyone new or date?
    I generally don't care to.
    Kom graun, oso na graun op. Kom folau, oso na gyon op.

#IStandWithGinaCarano

I usually would wait for them to approach me. Never really cared about meeting new people.

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Connal View Post
    OkCupid, and Phone Apps worked well for me...
    not so many on okcupid here and its a lack of attractive people on it

Quote Originally Posted by Nexx226 View Post
    I'm sure that's totally an option for many of us here. I thank you for the advice.
    Why do you even bother to quote me when you've got nothing nice to say in a thread that asks for the best approach for dating for you?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by breadisfunny View Post
    congratulations on figuring out what tinder's real purpose is i guess?
    I've known what Tinder is for ages. The OP asked about tinder, I told them to not use it if they're looking for dates.

Quote Originally Posted by Freighter View Post
    We're not all like her...
    I made that very clear in my response post when I went into more detail

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shinrael View Post
    Woah.... now that sounds like some real shit. Well, my first girlfriend (Japanese) was cheating on me for a long long while. So I can kinda see your point, but I believe they aren't all like that. I think it depends a lot on the person. And yep, some girls (most*) are obviously dicks. Or shall I say... cunts xD?

Either way, I am not going in for anything serious as I will only be in Japan for another 6 months and then bye bye. Not doing any more of that "long distance relationship" stuff. 15 months was enough and some quality cheating was enough.

May the Force be with you, my fellow.
    I will say though, being Greek, I'm almost always more fiery and passionate than the Asian girls I've dated. That's a good and bad thing depending on the situation :P

And yes, avoid long distance like the plague. Because it is a plague for relationships most of the time. If it's not going to be a long-term thing, then there's nothing to worry about. Just enjoy each others company and then go your separate ways, no harm, no foul.