Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Illegal to smoke almost anywhere in public in my country. So rarely an issue now days. So few people smoke now within a few years nobody will.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Couldn't care less about ones smoking habits. Just don't leave your butts all over the place and smoke outside.

Resident Cosplay Progressive

Quote Originally Posted by Demontjuh View Post
    the danger comes from prolonged exposure and smoke hanging in a room.
    like kids living with their parents that smoke indoors or constantly near them.
    /sarcasm
    all studies clearly state that getting a whiff of 2nd hand smoke kills you straight up.

the media attention this gets is overstating the risks, theres a shit ton of daily stuff that is equally or more dangerous to you then getting a whiff or 2 of 2nd hand smoke between long periods of time, yet they are running with a hype that started when laws about smoking in public places (read indoor area's) while leaving out key parts of the studies context.
    No one says that it kills you instantly, nice strawman attempt. Youre actually fucking retarded.

infracted -minor flaming
    Last edited by Crissi; 2018-03-18 at 12:55 AM.

7+ Year Old Account
    While I don't smoke and have no plans to I don't care if my friends or family do as long as they don't do it around me. In public if people are doing it, while I find that rude, I'll move elsewhere rather then make a scene

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aliven View Post
    Live and let live dont apply do people driving cars. Because, you know, they pollute air around them and actually make it unhealthy to everyone nearby.
    Bolded my edit......

15+ Year Old Account
    Live and let live dont apply do people smoking cigarettes. Because, you know, they pollute air around them and actually make it unhealthy to everyone nearby.
    Yeah, but that works both ways. In 90% of case you have the choice to move yourself.
    Here is something to believe in!

i smoke a pack at 3-5 days and its usually pall mall violet. slims really light cigarettes. im not bothered by someone elses smoke either. so i have no problem with other smokers.

Deleted
    I think smokers jsut hate everyone else and want to poison them.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Yeah, but that works both ways. In 90% of case you have the choice to move yourself.
    Dont work that way - THEY need to move away. Because THEY are the problem.

Considering I am allergic to smoke and it will start to make my hand swell and itch, after giving me a headache, I would leave the area or ask that they at least go down wind. I think its a disgusting habit and more then a few of them really have no manners what so ever. My cousin smokes, but she tries to be considerate of others when doing so. A lot simply wont though and act like they have a right to be offended and rude when you would rather not have smoke near you. They don't care about the fact that its unhealthy and can cause health issues for others by just being Near them smoking.

So in short, I don't tolerate it due to allergies, asthma and its smell.
    Quote Originally Posted by scorpious1109 View Post
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Quote Originally Posted by Tommi View Post
    Bolded my edit......
    In any way, shape or form this doesnt change the fact that cigarettes are polluting air around. And that they are unhealthy. Learn to argument.

15+ Year Old Account
    Dont work that way - THEY need to move away. Because THEY are the problem.
    Sounds like that's a problem with you. I can't help you with that.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    In any way, shape or form this doesnt change the fact that cigarettes are polluting air around. And that they are unhealthy. Learn to argument.
    They do fuckall compaired to some of the shit that gets put into the air, such as SJW's hot air.

Having been a heavy smoker who quit cold turkey, 6 years ago, I feel bad about the people still stuck on the nicotine.

It is a powerful force and hard as hell to kick. Even to this day, I have cravings sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by TotalSyn View Post
    Sounds like that's a problem with you. I can't help you with that.
    I have a bit of an interesting question for you. Not having read any of your chat with this guy other then the quote you took and your response. Let me set the stage first. You are at a bus stop, such as in the op. You have to get this bus in order to make it to an important appointment. Never mind any details other then its your only option. Now, you have no headphones with you and nothing to drown out any sound.

Next to you is another person waiting for the bus. They take out their phone and proceed to play a very loud and annoying squealing sound from it. They seem to enjoy the noise that is being emitted from the phone. You ask them to turn it down or put on headphones, but they refuse. You ask them to go a little bit away so you wont hear it, they still refuse.

Now tell me, is that a problem with you, or a problem with the one producing the noise?

- - - Updated - - -

They do fuckall compaired to some of the shit that gets put into the air, such as SJW's hot air.
    Speaking strictly from a medical standpoint, That is simply not true. Second hand smoke, a combination of a burning cigarette and what smokers blow out, contain about 7,000 chemicals. 70 of which can cause cancer. One of the more serious effects it can have is SIDS, Better known as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. That isn't really what I would consider "fuck all" in terms of what they can do. In fact, smoking during pregnancy causes around 1,000 infant deaths a year.
    Last edited by Zantos; 2018-03-17 at 11:26 PM.
    Why the hell would you wait till after you did this to confirm the mortality rate of such action?

Worst people in the world. I hate, ALL smokers.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    very loud and annoying squealing sound
    I tend to find that sound comes from peoples mouths. Normally the ones who are offended at everything and insist on being offended for others.

- - - Updated - - -

Speaking strictly from a medical standpoint, That is simply not true. Second hand smoke, a combination of a burning cigarette and what smokers blow out, contain about 7,000 chemicals. 70 of which can cause cancer. One of the more serious effects it can have is SIDS, Better known as Sudden Infant Death Syndrome. That isn't really what I would consider "fuck all" in terms of what they can do. In fact, smoking during pregnancy causes around 1,000 infant deaths a year.

10+ Year Old Account
    On paper I'm against it, but in reality I grew up in a household full of chain smokers, so I actually get some comfort out of being around it. When I was enlisted I used to take smoke breaks with the smokers so often that everyone thought I smoked lol. I've taken exactly one drag off of a cig and will never touch that shit again.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Do try to be a bit understanding, text and tone of voice do not translate well to an internet setting.

15+ Year Old Account
    Now tell me, is that a problem with you, or a problem with the one producing the noise?

That is obviously a me problem, and I would put in headphones or move to another stop. It's his right to listen to whatever crap he wants.

Do you guys really think it's cool to go around imposing your preferences and dislikes on other people?