Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just saw episode 2. I'm REALLY diggin this show... As I said last time, it helps to have a lead who can actually act. The action is getting MUCH better, the plot is still strong and Tobias Whale drips evil in ever scene he's in.

The supporting cast are strong as well, I liked the gym scene with his youngest and her new BF and all of the scene with the mother that got shot. Bonus points for them not spinning the "She recorded getting shot, but her phone fell down into the car" plot out for 15 million episodes.

Number one reason why I like this show? (well okay, number 2 reason, behind his eldest daughter...)

They actually explained the age old super hero suspension of disbelief problem, "How the hell does the whole town not realise it's the freakin principal/mayor/CSI in that costume?"

All it took was ONE freakin line about how it hurts to look directly into his face and BOOM, suddenly the situation has logic to it. I mean, at least Barry uses Reverse Flashes face shake trick now... Oliver is the fucking MAYOR and thinks wearing a bit of plastic over his eyes makes him anonymous.

Also, I was wrong, last week... That superhero costume is fucking ridiculous. Hope he replaces it asap.
    Check out the blog I write for LEGENDARY Indie Label Flicknife Records:

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.
    https://www.flickniferecords.co.uk/blog/item/30-blog-30

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    All it took was ONE freakin line about how it hurts to look directly into his face and BOOM, suddenly the situation has logic to it. I mean, at least Barry uses Reverse Flashes face shake trick now... Oliver is the fucking MAYOR and thinks wearing a bit of plastic over his eyes makes him anonymous.

Also, I was wrong, last week... That superhero costume is fucking ridiculous. Hope he replaces it asap.
    He also thinks that the Arrow can switch from being a white guy to a black guy and people will think its been the same person the whole time.

I think his costume looks fine, the one they previewed for his daughter looks stupid as fuck tho.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    He also thinks that the Arrow can switch from being a white guy to a black guy and people will think its been the same person the whole time.
    Not to mention the whole "Roy Harper is the Green Arrow" thing from season three, even though Roy is like 1/2 Oliver's size... Are they idiots, or do they think we are? I can't work it out.

I think his costume looks fine, the one they previewed for his daughter looks stupid as fuck tho.
    It looks OKAY, but it could look a lot better, especially the mask, which is just terrible. Speaking of terrible, yeah Thunder's costume looks hilariously shit. I'm hoping it's one of those things where the out of context still they showed us looks bad, but it'll be better once we see it in the show.

Blog Thirty is live! In which we discuss our latest releases, and our great new line of T-shirts.

looks pretty similar to her comics outfit

"I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

I wrote a whole big rant.
    But so far i do not really enjoy the show i hope it changes.
    Have fun rest of you that like it.
    Last edited by Ebalina; 2018-02-07 at 01:18 PM.

Finally mustered enough Johnson’s Baby Oil to watch this show.

So far so good two episodes in.
    Black troubles of black peoples in a black hood of a black city. Black issues of black dykes. Black depravity.
    Literally single white nonevil character that is somewhat relevant.
    Guess it’s a blessing I’m such a white privileged cis male, otherwise I would not dig and appreciate this show so much.

Logic demands to ask how come he is always bleeding in each fighting scene when he never actually got hit or cut, but that is just my whitesplaining I guess.

Though I have to admit that main character has an abundance of charisma and is very much like able.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm the Sorrow View Post
    Finally mustered enough Johnson’s Baby Oil to watch this show.

So far so good two episodes in.
    Black troubles of black peoples in a black hood of a black city. Black issues of black dykes. Black depravity.
    Literally single white nonevil character that is somewhat relevant.
    Guess it’s a blessing I’m such a white privileged cis male, otherwise I would not dig and appreciate this show so much.

Logic demands to ask how come he is always bleeding in each fighting scene when he never actually got hit or cut, but that is just my whitesplaining I guess.

Though I have to admit that main character has an abundance of charisma and is very much like able.
    You are completely trolling with this post i hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Ebalina View Post
    You are completely trolling with this post i hope.
    No.

Whatever happened with being laconic.

Would have been hilarious if Jefferson had been outed to his detective friend by that kid walking by saying "Hi Mr Pierce!" when he was on the phone in the hallway.

I wish the show had been just about Black Lightning and Tobias, Tobias carries the show. If it gets cancelled I hope at least he gets moved to one of the other shows.

10+ Year Old Account
    Man "Lighting Vs Thunder" was a pretty solid fight. EASILY the best so far this season. Kinda funny seeing him beat her like a ginger stepchild, all the while not realising that's his lil girl he's doing that too...

Quote Originally Posted by frogger237 View Post
    Tobias carries the show.
    Everytime i see him, I just want to change the channel. That guy sucks as a character.... I have no fear for him, no respect for him, nothing relatable to like about him. If it was not for the fact that he has a huge criminal organization backing him he would be nothing......

Perhaps when I get to see his actual power maybe my opinion will change, but for now he is a waste of space except that he is the main Villain of the episode so he is required. Gambi is a better villain so far and he aint even a villain.......

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Gallahadd View Post
    Man "Lighting Vs Thunder" was a pretty solid fight. EASILY the best so far this season. Kinda funny seeing him beat her like a ginger stepchild, all the while not realising that's his lil girl he's doing that too...
    That was a pretty awesome fight indeed. he finally had someone on par with his strengths to go toe to toe with. I am eager to see him go up against Tobias so I can see what Tobias can do to at least start liking that character.

Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    Everytime i see him, I just want to change the channel. That guy sucks as a character.... I have no fear for him, no respect for him, nothing relatable to like about him. If it was not for the fact that he has a huge criminal organization backing him he would be nothing......

Perhaps when I get to see his actual power maybe my opinion will change, but for now he is a waste of space except that he is the main Villain of the episode so he is required. Gambi is a better villain so far and he aint even a villain.......
    Go back and rewatch the scene where kills the informant in jail. Personally I think Tobias is pretty cool. Also WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO RELATE TO THE VILLAIN?

Also there's Lady Eve. Never trust someone who "embalms" the living.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WoWGoneBad View Post
    That was a pretty awesome fight indeed. he finally had someone on par with his strengths to go toe to toe with. I am eager to see him go up against Tobias so I can see what Tobias can do to at least start liking that character.
    Yeah Black Lightning vs Tobias Whale is going to be excellent. Although I have a feeling that Thunder and maybe Lightning will need to help him bring that dude down, he seems pretty beast.

Quote Originally Posted by Ivanstone View Post
    Go back and rewatch the scene where kills the informant in jail. Personally I think Tobias is pretty cool. Also WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO RELATE TO THE VILLAIN?

Also there's Lady Eve. Never trust someone who "embalms" the living.
    It isnt so much as wanting to relate to the villain as much as they gotta be believable or have a presence or show that there is a reason they made it to villain status. Other than being the Mayor (former) I dont see Tobias as anything other than an Emo baby given the power of gangstas and running with it. Hell I feel more of a presence from his chick body guard than I ever do from him.

Lady Eve, I can see in her eyes and her personality why she is where she is. She aint some one to be messed with and you can feel that presence of character.

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, so I watched the latest episode and I am not in the least bit surprised by the events. I saw Tobias doing what he did 4 episodes ago. I am sad though... She had great potential but.... it is always the Emo Villain that kills the smart and strategic ones and ends up ruining everything.

I saw the death of the sister too but not the way she went out. We needed something to bring Tobias over the edge and the death of his sister is perfect. Tragic but perfect

I still dont like him but at least we are starting to see a bit more of his development.

I'd like to see more flashbacks...just because seeing him in action in his classic costume was awesome. Not too much mind you (I've seen a few animes that have massive flashback arcs and they're always so annoying, because you're constantly pining for the show to catch back up and the main characters to come back), but a little bit more would be cool, maybe just a few fights of classic kicking a few peoples asses.
    You must show no mercy, Nor have any belief whatsoever in how others judge you: For your greatness will silence them all!
    -Warrior Wisdom

Less PC bullshit would be appreciated, preferably- none, , otherwise it’s the best CW has to offer atm, I feel.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm Against Many View Post
    Less PC bullshit would be appreciated, preferably- none, , otherwise it’s the best CW has to offer atm, I feel.
    That title still belongs to supernatural sorry.

The teen romance crap disguised as superhero "drama" doesnt even come close.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    That title still belongs to supernatural sorry.

The teen romance crap disguised as superhero "drama" doesnt even come close.
    Belonged.

No.

Belonged.

Is that your go to move or something?

If you have no interest in the subject why bother posting at all.

Quote Originally Posted by AlexisSanchez View Post
    Is that your go to move or something?

If you have no interest in the subject why bother posting at all.
    It’s me being laconic.

Supernatural is shite for the last 8 seasons and off topic here.