Thread: Any ETA yet?

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by faithbane View Post
    Based on their philosophy with allied races so far, I bet you need to buy BFA and then go through a CoT dungeon and grind rep with the bronze drakes to exalted to unlock time travel before you can play classic
    I really hope not but there SURE will be some irritating compromise, it's just in their DNA.
    Meanwhile, my account is still frozen...

5+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sam86 View Post
    any reason in first place why it isn't out yet, they have sc1 code, how the fuck exactly they don't have vanilla server source? if anything it is literally out everywhere
    Well, technically it isn't Blizzard's source code that is out everywhere, but reverse-engineered code made by ManGos and other non-Blizzard affiliated devs. Just pointing it out ^^

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Soon-TM View Post
    Well, technically it isn't Blizzard's source code that is out everywhere, but reverse-engineered code made by ManGos and other non-Blizzard affiliated devs. Just pointing it out ^^
    so u want to convince me that blizz kept sc1 and diablo1 source code until today and they didn't keep the source code of the biggest money maker they ever had ?
    The beginning of wisdom is the statement 'I do not know.' The person who cannot make that statement is one who will never learn anything. And I have prided myself on my ability to learn
    Thrall
    http://youtu.be/x3ejO7Nssj8 7:20+ "Alliance remaining super power", clearly blizz favor horde too much, that they made alliance the super power

"Soon"

A lot of people seem to agree though that the most logical time to enable the classic server option would be during a longer BfA content drought. It's not as soon as we'd like but I prefer to keep my expectations realistic.

5+ Year Old Account
    so u want to convince me that blizz kept sc1 and diablo1 source code until today and they didn't keep the source code of the biggest money maker they ever had ?
    They kept all three afaik, but Diablo/SC haven't been reverse-engineered by the open source community. At least not to the extent that legacy WoW has. To clear up a common misconception, private servers don't use Blizzard's code (it's still a trade secret iirc), but code of their own, usually based on the repositories from ManGos and other open source communities.

Based on their philosophy with allied races so far, I bet you need to buy BFA and then go through a CoT dungeon and grind rep with the bronze drakes to exalted to unlock time travel before you can play classic
    That's not a bad idea lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    any reason in first place why it isn't out yet, they have sc1 code, how the fuck exactly they don't have vanilla server source? if anything it is literally out everywhere
    Of course they have vanilla server source. Any remotely sane software company keeps track of every line of code and every change and Blizzard is very competent company. I don't know where people got that strange idea that they lost those sources.

Deleted
    Funny how people there are joking " ehehehe they will make you farm rep till eyes bleed "

Because that was basically Vanilla.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would say we wont hear anything else about it untill after the launch of BFA more than likely at Blizzcon this year.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    AKA "When it is done"
    AKA "We're not really sure yet'.
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..

Of course they have the code. What they don't have anymore is the hardware that code was designed for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy to get up now, since you can just buy the rep tokens from TW badges.
    Hariuha laþu laukar gakar alu ole lule laukar

Deleted
    Anyone hoping for classic anytime soon is in for disappointment. It makes most sense to expect it to be released in the end of BfA content drought, that’s approximately summer 2020.

7+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teslac0il View Post
    Or in general any real news since the announcement?
    no, they said they announced it SUPER early and were hiring a team for it, they prob have literally just started working on it.
    and it mostly a coding job, getting the game to work on current machines and such
    2019 to 2020
    most liekly late 2019 to go along side wows 15th aniversary
    Quote Originally Posted by Varodoc View Post
    My ideas are objectively good

Lmao. I would lose it if they did that.

As I said before and will say it again you will not likely hear anything until after BFA launches.....my specific guess is at next blizzcon will be when they run that hype train.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by barrsftw View Post
    Lmao. I would lose it if they did that.
    I would not be surprised if they attach it to owning BFA xpac.

10+ Year Old Account

the 'the dog ate our secure version backups' excuse was banded about inthe megathread and before until blizz actually said they had it, so it doesn't work anymore.

they say they don't have metadata. I have no idea if you are doing proper backups how you don't store metadata versions/states with a given server state. maybe it is true. maybe they were planning ahead to want to mass nerf classic by saying they don't know how much damage things did back then so they had to guess.
    Authors I have enjoyed enough to mention here: JRR Tolkein, Poul Anderson,Jack Vance, Gene Wolfe, Glen Cook, Brian Stableford, MAR Barker, Larry Niven and Jerry Pournelle, WM Hodgson, Fredrick Brown, Robert SheckleyJohn Steakley, Joe Abercrombie, Robert Silverberg, the norse sagas, CJ Cherryh, PG Wodehouse, Clark Ashton Smith, Alastair Reynolds, Cordwainer Smith, LE Modesitt, L. Sprague de Camp & Fletcher Pratt, Stephen R Donaldon, and Jack L Chalker.

No, as far as I understood it Ion said in the most recent QA that they are still hiring people for the WoW classic team so more than likely it will be a good while before they have any concrete info beyond the fact that they are making it.

Saturday Nov 23, 2019

15-year anniversary
    Enough time to develop it
    Won't interfere with BfA launch