Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    So...

No screenshot with viewers, no clip, no link, nothing.

Thanks for the interesting discussion.... i guess?

Quote Originally Posted by chrisnumbers View Post
    Who tf is Dan Stapleton
    Dan Stapleton is a relic of a different era

Quote Originally Posted by ro9ue View Post
    How does that mean I look up to the celebrity in question? We're talking about the viewcount of a single gamer. Not Bethesda or Blizzard or OWL. Not a huge company. Just one kid who just played a video game really well. That's insanely impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

So I bet you can just like stream on Twitch and get 600k people to watch you? Lol.
    What's the relevance? So you never have any issues with soccer matches or any other sports matches? Because you can't, you don't play at their level.

You lost your point because you got called out. Deal with it

5+ Year Old Account
    who is drake?

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Drake is a poser and an insult to the Canadian music industry. As is Bieber, FWIW.

10+ Year Old Account
    I mean this is a pretty big deal. You don't have to like Drake or twitch streamers to understand why this is a big deal.

Quote Originally Posted by 8bithamster View Post
    What's the relevance? So you never have any issues with soccer matches or any other sports matches? Because you can't, you don't play at their level.

You lost your point because you got called out. Deal with it
    Huh? Sounds like you're saying the same argument as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    https://twitter.com/DanStapleton/sta...59150069329920

Dan Stapleton speaks for me on this one. At this point I've resigned myself to the fact that I am no longer "with it", if I ever was in the first place, and none of this makes any sense to me anymore.
    Yea ill turn a twitch stream on for background noise usually.

But I don't get why ppl think these streamers care about the ppl watching. They just care about your money and will be nice to just get that.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Orange Joe View Post
    I frequent twitch all the time. Never heard of ninja before this.
    He use to play H1Z1. Gain popularity due to his excessive celebrations of winning. Other than he seemed boring. But most twitch streamers are.

Thats impressive, I mean sure it might be construed as a publicity stunt but a 600.000 viewer count is impressive no matter how you want to slice that cake.

So I bet you can just like stream on Twitch and get 600k people to watch you? Lol.
    I would not like to be the streamer who managed to get 600k views only cos I invited <insert meme personality > to my channel.
    I mean , it's not a great achievement IMO . You could get the same views if you sponsorized britney spears playing club penguin (RIP).

Quote Originally Posted by valax View Post
    I would not like to be the streamer who managed to get 600k views only cos I invited <insert meme personality > to my channel.
    I mean , it's not a great achievement IMO . You could get the same views if you sponsorized britney spears playing club penguin (RIP).
    He gets 300k views on his own.

He gets 300k views on his own.
    The fuck you talking about? I just went to his channel for the lulz of this comment and he doesn't even have 100k views, let alone 300k.

Big streamer if you care about fortnite? I guess. 600k? 550k of those people where there for Drake and the memes.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    The fuck you talking about? I just went to his channel for the lulz of this comment and he doesn't even have 100k views, let alone 300k.
    Depends when you watch. I literally don't care this much, just thought it was cool. Lots of people seem to get salty about it though.

Depends when you watch.
    No it doesn't, the previous record for an individual streamer was 342k. It was not held by him either.

https://socialblade.com/twitch/user/ninja He averaged 30-50k views before the Drake fiasco and has 77k right now. This guy never pulled 100k+ by himself let alone 300k.

Keep in mind I have no clue about this cat, but could call that 300k number by you bullshit from a mile away. Try to be more believable if you're just going to throw out fake news numbers.
    Last edited by Tech614; 2018-03-18 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Myobi View Post
    Why? I mean, it’s not really the first time that a famous (erm…) person it shown playing video games, what makes this specific case a “pretty big deal”? o.O;
    I believe it's the mostly down to the sheer number of people watching.

Who invited who to play what?

How does that mean I look up to the celebrity in question? We're talking about the viewcount of a single gamer. Not Bethesda or Blizzard or OWL. Not a huge company. Just one kid who just played a video game really well. That's insanely impressive.

- - - Updated - - -

In an age when children as young as 4 watch twitch and youtube streams hitting any number isnt really impressive. If you had hard data to show how many of those viewers were above 18 it might matter but we dont.

Quote Originally Posted by Tech614 View Post
    No it doesn't, the previous record for an individual streamer was 342k. It was not held by him either.

https://socialblade.com/twitch/user/ninja He averaged 30-50k views before the Drake fiasco and has 77k right now. This guy never pulled 100k+ by himself let alone 300k.

Keep in mind I have no clue about this cat, but could call that 300k number by you bullshit from a mile away. Try to be more believable if you're just going to throw out fake news numbers.
    Guy has been suspected of view and sub botting so not really surprised.

And here i am just wondering who is that "ninja" guy and after looking at the socialblade link i find out he's been popular since january 2018... Ah... so he's juste the flavor of the month streamer, gotcha.

10+ Year Old Account
    So, from what I've gathered: boring Markiplier got together with Canadian Justin Bieber to play the love-child of Team Fortress 2 and Minecraft on not-YouTube and managed to temporarily get an audience the size of 2010 Denver, CO.

And it's apparently newsworthy?
    US - Eitrigg - <Bank Space is Magic>
    Delupi, Amoora, Jisu, Beahru, Rusa, Yeun, Neralyis, Usii, Razzil, Zaramja, Oshaz, Shawnie, Iziss, Gearsi(A)